Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: VW to 5* or Soul coins?

  1. #16
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0
    Im not saying that he is not a good investment. but at lvl 76 he might have different priorities.
    And no, in my server top do not use vw at all. mostly because we know how to counter. Better hero in GA.
    Level 90
    Server 8

  2. #17
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogan View Post
    Im not saying that he is not a good investment. but at lvl 76 he might have different priorities.
    And no, in my server top do not use vw at all. mostly because we know how to counter. Better hero in GA.
    There are a few counters to VW but none of them are like 100% effective...which makes the endgame team very viable.

  3. #18
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    8
    you won't go wrong with VW... just make him 5 star and let him sit till you can gear him up... when you make most of your heroes that started at 1* to 5* it's easier to farm soul coins... because you can pull ss out from bronze chest.. it's like hitting 2 birds in one stone... lol... just don't rush things out.. take the farming slowly but surely.. you will waste a lot of resources if you just rush farming.. always open 10x bronze chest when you get extra for gear and ss... you can collect soul coins from there... and VW is a beast... you won't regret making him 5*...good luck..

  4. #19
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shondaime View Post
    There are a few counters to VW but none of them are like 100% effective...which makes the endgame team very viable.
    image.jpg

    This is just 1 example for the populat team eb+vw. Btw, you are right, it is not easy to counter if you dont have the right heroes.
    Level 90
    Server 8

  5. #20
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    15
    it`s easy to counter actualy , try Commando - Machinist - FM - OC/VS/SL - DM

  6. #21
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8 kenzoblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    641
    Rep Power
    30
    No need to change crusade coins to soul coins, I will daily collect pilot SS, wm SS (assuming you had com, mystic, fm) and slowly collect vw SS, phoenix SS from bronze chest.

    Who knows, the next update less popular heroes become buffed. Having the heroes starred up isn't a bad idea, you can gear them up if the update favours them.

    The rest of the crusade coins I will keep for 40% gears or and urgent gears that I need. Or even save for future heroes.

    Soul coins should just stack up from bronze chest, once you have a few bronze chest heroes at 5stars.

  7. #22
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    9
    Hi all, thanks for the reply! I decide to redeem vw and pilot together, somehow the game give me 4 vw cards today, i thinks its a sign lol! For WM i think it can wait till she is relevant to the metagame, i can easily 5* her tho by the time the update come, and for pheonix i will just farm her in bronze chest. For VW team i already have eb-sil-oc-myst-fm up to date, still farming for sil tho. Actually i can get 1 moonglow and rawlis every 4 days or so, so when the times VW become 5* i think it will easier to equip him (i will hit 82/82 when the time comes, so exp and gold isnt a problem.)

  8. #23
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Sharko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonabala View Post
    Hi all, thanks for the reply! I decide to redeem vw and pilot together, somehow the game give me 4 vw cards today, i thinks its a sign lol! For WM i think it can wait till she is relevant to the metagame, i can easily 5* her tho by the time the update come, and for pheonix i will just farm her in bronze chest. For VW team i already have eb-sil-oc-myst-fm up to date, still farming for sil tho. Actually i can get 1 moonglow and rawlis every 4 days or so, so when the times VW become 5* i think it will easier to equip him (i will hit 82/82 when the time comes, so exp and gold isnt a problem.)
    I think u wont find her in the crusade shop by then

  9. #24
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    it`s easy to counter actualy , try Commando - Machinist - FM - OC/VS/SL - DM
    That team will lose vs VW/EB/Sil/CW/LS

  10. #25
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    8
    Is it possible to fight with a VW+EB team without Silencer?

    I'm 88 and I still dont have a Silencer (yeah rly bad, I know) so how would be VW+EB+OC+Phoenix+Mystic/Machinist?

    anyone tested this?

  11. #26
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    i invested VW and managed to get "break record" rank 1 also had better rank on reward time because it give me more choice to counter cookie cutter (AS+FD) , he is amazing paired with EB + Silencer + Magic Team but you need to realized that it not counterable , before you decide to redeem VW or not , you should think about the gear first since he need 4 moonglow , 5-6 axe , 5-6 rawlis
    VW IS the new cookie cutter. AS is so last xx months. FD is so last month

  12. #27
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    358
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zophiel View Post
    VW can be used in several teams, not only in the canonical VW+EB+Silencer+2 casters. He is absolutely a wonderful hero in arena in late game, push him 5*
    Think about him as the main commando replacement, since he is really effective if you don't run commando in your team.
    Besides, you must consider his main 2 tasks: he counters sapper's first blink and he create a crowd in enemy team, so you can take advantage of that crowd with aoe damages heroes, who are not only aoe casters, but also cloud walker et similia.
    Exactly this. He pushes front line and far front midline heroes into a clump for your AOE'rs to deal devastating amounts of damage. He really is a strong hero and well worth the coins.

  13. #28
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    358
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagefire View Post
    Is it possible to fight with a VW+EB team without Silencer?

    I'm 88 and I still dont have a Silencer (yeah rly bad, I know) so how would be VW+EB+OC+Phoenix+Mystic/Machinist?

    anyone tested this?
    Machinist is ok but he doesn't provide the control that silencer does. The other thing that silencer does is drain energy from the team. THIS is primarily why he is so powerful.

    what he does is silence first, then he drains energy so it takes longer for the enemy to use ults, then with THEIR energy he silences them so even if they do have the energy he prevents them from ulting. Then he repeats this step. Very powerful hero. Machinist only provides a single target blind and heavy damage but if you don't dish out the damage fast enough he will die before becoming useful enough to matter.

  14. #29
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    6
    I just started the VW and EB team build. I am excited even though everyone in my guild is not loving my decision.

  15. #30
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    358
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beernuts44 View Post
    I just started the VW and EB team build. I am excited even though everyone in my guild is not loving my decision.
    That's because its terrible. Absolutely do not put it as your defensive arena team or on a level of GA that can be seen as it will get completely wrecked every time. It is good for offense against the right team though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •