Thread: Why is there a "cool down" for getting booted from a guild?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Why is there a "cool down" for getting booted from a guild?

I think that should be changed.

I understand, slightly, why there is a cool down to limit guild jumping via manually leaving. But not when getting kicked, that is a major middle finger to the already guildless player.

See, back when I was a clan leader of a different game, there was no cool down (only for creating a new clan, you couldn't just leave it), so you actually had to be good to your clanmates for fear of them defecting. Where as in this game, leaders don't need to do jack due to the cool down feature, which discourages this, so in essence, it's the opposite: Clannies need to worry about getting "fired" and not the other way around.

My old leader hardly talked, but got brown nosed hard, he kicked me with out warning... I didn't care, I figured as long as I get my 240 coins, it doesn't matter... then I saw the cool down, and was like "Really? Why is there a cool down when I didn't want to leave?" I consider this dirty... Now owning a clan of my own, I'll only kick someone if they are hacking, not like some of these leaders who cry "kick if you aren't active for two days" or "600 activity".

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Nokiya420's Avatar
    If rule in guild is to be active or do 600/600 then do so or get kicked

simple as that

You missed the point. The person kicked shouldn't deserve the cool down.

Considering I know people who kick for things like: Race, Jealousy, and having no sense of humor, that's why I consider it dirty and unfair.

I'm not questioning your motives to kick, in fact it's a free game and all, I'm debating the cool down.

I also posted on the other section, since I made my own guild, if I chose to disband it after the two prior days from getting kicked, am I good to join another guild, or is another two day period tacked on?

For anyone wondering what I'm "crying" about, thing of it like real life employment.

You want to find a new job, (like leaving a guild) you give a two week notice, and usually use a Friday as your last day, get the weekend off, bam new job in two days.

But when you get fired, it would be sadistic if you were to have to wait to get another job, make sense? Especially in the event if that employee wasn't given warning and was ****-canned due to "at-will" terms.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Se7en Strife's Avatar
    Dude it's only one hour. Get over it lol.
    Violent Resolution - #Everyone's An Enemy#

♏️Se7en

s58 Corvus Nemesis Officer
    s54 Arrec [SG]Silent Leader

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7en Strife View Post
    Dude it's only one hour. Get over it lol.
    Exactly...

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Universal cooldown must stay universal. If they dropped the "kick" cooldown, and left in the "leave" cooldown, people would stop leaving guilds and simply have officers kick them, circumventing the cooldown.

If you start in on why there is any cooldown at all, then you lack experience. The cooldown exists for good reason.
    Are you really reading this sentence? Or in a white room, yelling "I like pandas!" at a wall? Can you be certain either way?

The only constant is "I think, therefore I am". Everything else is wishful thinking.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Guild coin problem

Dear official,
    why my friend everyday only get guild coin 240 actually must get 350 for raid instances n his account id 3052922.please fix it..

It was one hour? Why did I think it was two days? Lol, it was probably at 47 minutes, and I mistook it for hours.

Well, I'm in a better guild even if I wasted 500 for my owe guild for half a day. Now imma start hunting them in arena.

We all make mistakes early in the mourning.

Banned Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesperas View Post
    It was one hour? Why did I think it was two days? Lol, it was probably at 47 minutes, and I mistook it for hours.

Well, I'm in a better guild even if I wasted 500 for my owe guild for half a day. Now imma start hunting them in arena.

We all make mistakes early in the mourning.
    The 48h cooldown its for returning to the same guild.

Like, if you leave/get kicked from guild "A", you will need wait 48h to be able to join guild "A".
    But will only have to wait 1h to join guild "B"