Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Disease bringer: overrated?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    I like when my DB casts an elemental just in the bunch of mid-backliners on crusades, it makes me happy and satisfied that it was not another useless hero to invest in.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by nebilan View Post
    I like when my DB casts an elemental just in the bunch of mid-backliners on crusades, it makes me happy and satisfied that it was not another useless hero to invest in.
    Very useful when facing a bunch of heroes with directional ults like succubus. You can retry until DB drops the golem where you want it.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Disease Bringer in Arena:

I got DB on the premise that I could sometimes use him in arena because I've been #1 and top 30 most days. Im lvl capped at 80 when I finally got DB to 4* P4 but I learned first hand now that you can't trust chinese stats when deciding to promote. He sounded too good to be true. I could never use him in arena as I don't have any healer besides chappy P4.
    Arena aside, I am not disappointed I got him. I shoulda got NA for arena and I will next but I am gonna 5* DB for GA 3rd team. I don't like scrubs.

Disease Bringer in Hard Mode Crusade:

Idk if I need him here, but I must say he makes crusade much easier for me because I do not have DM nor do I have OC. I have been too overpowered using FD. Even with DB i reserve Mystic ult til everyones HP and Energy is satisfactory. I get by with DK Chap DB FM Mystic or Commando occasional FD AS EB to counter sht I don't like. I bench DB and bring out the big guns and blast through 12-15 as DB is no longer viable in DPS, but its comforting to have him as a backup. Hoping to see his usefulness in Outland where I truly do need him. His strength in crusade is his ability to keep dmg off your tank or lead hero. And his energy charges plenty fast for me to use him every battle if I need to. His little heal ability is not enough to rely on, but you can use it to save DK ult sometimes and it just has like a balancing effect. Idk how to explain it, but DB keeps my main heroes healthy on the sideline and does majority of tanking with golem and/or his ult is a timely lifesaver. I end most battles full HP full energies except Chap. His small heal takes a lot of pressure of watching Chaps energy bar. I confidently go into next battles with low Chaplain energy as long as my team is ready. If I woulda started over I'd buy 3* DB before leveling AS.
    I should add DB heal is helpful for charging everyone up early in Crusade. DK Chap DB X X. Keep it simple.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    my db here is good. im lvl 67 and i dnt regret investing in him. 10more ss for 5stars..

in hard crusade i always retreat until i successfuly placed his golemn in my wanted position. great advantage for my team

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    I am working on him towards 5 star but I dont use him in arena nor G. arena. His main purpos is to help me with two portals and that he does very well.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Anybody know what gear he survived raged blood diff 6 with 4/6 gear.
    - destro amulet
    -????
    -????
    -???

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    P+4 unenchanted is enough to survive stage 6 equip 4/6 all but Wizards hat and Crystal ball.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    I use to use him for hard crusades, but it actually takes longer to clear. Nowadays, he only gets charged up in crusade for emergency, but doesn't make a showing. Main team is Mystic, Chap, FM, OC, DM.

DB does get used for two portals though, Robot and Raged Blood.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by htaing View Post
    I use to use him for hard crusades, but it actually takes longer to clear. Nowadays, he only gets charged up in crusade for emergency, but doesn't make a showing. Main team is Mystic, Chap, FM, OC, DM.

DB does get used for two portals though, Robot and Raged Blood.
    I'm using the same exact main team as you and no longer have any use for Disease Bringer in hard crusade. He was definitely amazing from level 50 to the late 60's when I would face Phoenix/Old Curse every round but now I don't see those anymore.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    I'm using the same exact main team as you and no longer have any use for Disease Bringer in hard crusade. He was definitely amazing from level 50 to the late 60's when I would face Phoenix/Old Curse every round but now I don't see those anymore.
    I used a bit from blue+2 to purple+1 (as got luck and get it from chests), then stop using in mid 70's, and return to him after promoting to Orange for Portal, and can't go back, he's a staple on my crusade.

Seeing a WC reviving hitting the golem while you refill energy and a bit of health on all your heroes it's awesome. Maybe if instead of a P3 4* OC had an 5* Orange one won't be using DB , but since DB hit 5* Orange, it helps a lot and makes my Crusade easier for me.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I've loved him since I got him. Every hero has his place. Except the Professional Killer. He can go fuck himself! I really wanted to like him, I really did. Got him to level 80 and everything but he's just terrible. Why ucool, why?! *Runs out of thread to cry*