Thread: Tanks at 90

Silver Member Contributor Level 4

Tanks at 90

Now with the new tanks out there like Ancient root/ Death bringer/ VG

I wonder what will you invest in tank at 90?

Is WC worth it? or should i just leave him at P4 and get maybe Death bringer to Orange?
    Is panda still worth it? or maybe get ancient protector instead?

Banned Contributor Level 7
    Do not think of ancient protector as a tank. At least not on arena.

Because once he ult, he wont morph back and wont use his green and blue skill.

Also, if his 6 plants dies, he become a tree. Without moving nor attacking. Just standing there receiving energy by being attacked and summon explosives plants.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    invest into shallows keeper, tons of armor and cc

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Marcos_M's Avatar
    Please magician.

Explain to me how shallows keeper is great at 90. Since level 64 he is useless to me

At 90? WC, Admiral, + personal choice. Subject to change in 1.9.

Orange turned Panda into a damage hero. So, while I would still invest in him, I cannot consider him a top tank at orange... for now. Personal choice is whatever tanking hero you have that works best with the other heroes you have at/near level. Can be VW, SK, IH, or even SO... whatever you got. With more legendaries unlocking and Orange +1/2 in the nearish future, the landscape at 90 can change rather quickly. Much like what happened to Panda between P+4 and Orange.
    Are you really reading this sentence? Or in a white room, yelling "I like pandas!" at a wall? Can you be certain either way?

The only constant is "I think, therefore I am". Everything else is wishful thinking.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    I go with Ironhoof, War chief and Savage one.

Ironhoof to protect the caster team

War chief to protect the Sapper team

Savage one to work with DV and VS ans his legendary will give Nagas more agility. This is the front in my physical team.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Best tanks at 90(not all front heroes): Admiral, WC, VW
    Level: 90 Server: 18 VIP: 13 Leader of Top Guild on Server/ All Heroes Power: 446,864

I just think admiral is overrated, thats because she has legendary. but once other tank have theirs, it will change.
    I', suprise that SO has a place in lvl 90

Any thoughts on death bringer and the new magic hero in april? the commander?

While I like Admiral's legendary skill, her main draw for me is her massive health pool at 90/orange. She can soak up a lot of damage all maxed out.
    Are you really reading this sentence? Or in a white room, yelling "I like pandas!" at a wall? Can you be certain either way?

The only constant is "I think, therefore I am". Everything else is wishful thinking.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Meat shield tanks are Admiral, Iron Hoof, and SK. Best for caster teams. Iron Hoof is the best of the three but painful to farm since he's the 5th most important hero in the grand arena store. Admiral is next, but she is only worthwhile at max orange, and it bears saying that even after completing the legendary IH is still better than her. SK gets an honorable mention since he's cheap to farm and gets the job done at all levels, though he's never impressive being more along the lines of getting the job done in mediocre fashion.

War Chief gets it done at 90. He's tough enough, though not spectacular, deals respectible damage and the life steal aura is great on physical teams.

Panda is squishy at orange, but has utility on an offensive team. With his CC and an offensive off-tank, he's tough enough for a fast offensive team. Can also serve as off-tank thanks to his damage and cc

VW works on bizarre and specific teams, though he's not a tank in any sense of the word.

DK is underrated. If he can get his ulti off he's on par with the meat shields while bringing more overall utility than any of them. He's fragile and needs help from the rest of the team to live that long.

DV is kind of prefferred as an off tank, but I believe legendary DV can solo tank if you're attacking a pure physical team.

The meat shield tanks are very disappointing in my experience. Offense, team buffs, and cc do a whole lot more than just sitting there soaking damage.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Then wouldn't it stand to reason that SO should come into the fray with his legendary that will boost DV's already high dodge even higher? He's also pretty beefy himself and has pretty solid utility (stun and awesome armor debuff). I'm, personally, trying to keep IH, WC, Panda, and SO up as they all serve their purpose. I left Admiral and SK back in the 40s and don't plan on looking back unless something changes drastically.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumakamikaze View Post
    Do not think of ancient protector as a tank. At least not on arena.

Because once he ult, he wont morph back and wont use his green and blue skill.

Also, if his 6 plants dies, he become a tree. Without moving nor attacking. Just standing there receiving energy by being attacked and summon explosives plants.
    i notice that.. actually it will be good if he can use his green or blue skill or he can regrow the plant...

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    What abt psychopath? He works well with DV?