Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heroes to take to Orange

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Heroes to take to Orange

Has anyone done the Math on what heroes are worthwhile to take from P4 to Orange (legendary)?

For Example, from what I've read Drunken Master is a better tank at P4 so it's not worthwhile promoting him.

Heroes I'm interested in:
    Mystic
    Shadowleaf
    Cloud Walker
    Vengence Spirit (Keep @ P4)
    Frost Mage
    Death Mage (Promote)
    Chaplain
    Fallen Dominion (Keep @ P4)
    Psychopath (Promote)
    Old Curse
    Machinist
    Rifleman
    Deathknight

Much love for any help

EDIT: Updating as people offer information.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Psycho and Deathmage are definitely better at orange. No arguing.

Fallen Dominion and Vengeance Spirit are better at P+4, FD because of the Lifesteal and Armor and VS because of the accuracy of the star sword.
    If you want to promote VS, than only if you can equip all items at orange.

Shadowleaf is the same as VS. Loses a lot of accuracy for a few other stats
    Machinist loses a lot of INT but gains HP (only full equip worth it imo)
    CW is worth it if you have the first 4 equips. Slightly less critical rate but more attack, HP and armor. Full eq definitely worth it

That's subjective which stats you prefer. For example with raid heroes one would prefer more damage, with arena heroes, more survivability. I'm pretty sure an Orange FD is not useless. So if you know what you need with a given hero, you can do the math yourself and compare them here: http://db.youba.com/dtcq/duibi/

What do you mean "loses accuracy?" You mean the enchant bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Jave36 View Post
    What do you mean "loses accuracy?" You mean the enchant bonus?
    Yes, exactly.

Is that 8 accuracy you lose worth more than all the other stats you gain? I don't know how accuracy works, but I know heroes have 30+ dodge, so it seems like 8 accuracy is no big deal unless it's ninja who starts with negative accuracy. But maybe accuracy and dodge numbers aren't related to each other.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Miserymachine's Avatar
    I love seeing people say that they don't promote heroes because of the enchanting bonuses. Please spread the word and make the arena much easier.

It makes sense of you can't get 4+ items at the next level equipped, but you can enchant the new gear too lol. The accuracy thing might ha e merit for heroes who miss a lot though, if that 8 accuracy males a big difference. I've had FD and ninja miss multiple attacks in a row on wc with no blind or haze or anything. If I could fix that with 8+ accuracy, might be worth it to keep them at p4 till I have all 5 orange pieces.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    It makes sense of you can't get 4+ items at the next level equipped, but you can enchant the new gear too lol. The accuracy thing might ha e merit for heroes who miss a lot though, if that 8 accuracy males a big difference. I've had FD and ninja miss multiple attacks in a row on wc with no blind or haze or anything. If I could fix that with 8+ accuracy, might be worth it to keep them at p4 till I have all 5 orange pieces.
    first, its 12 accuracy. Second, wc has dodge.

Some heroes are indeed better at p+4, only fools promote every hero without thinking.

Wc at my level doesn't have dodge

Quote Originally Posted by Miserymachine View Post
    I love seeing people say that they don't promote heroes because of the enchanting bonuses. Please spread the word and make the arena much easier.
    I will promote Shadowleaf once I can equip the level 89 item which I won't for like 2 weeks or so. But until then the difference would be LITERALLY 1% difference in stats AND that 20 accuracy instead of 8. Sometimes the enchanted bonus is justified. I am not making your arena any easier. In my setup Shadowleaf has a nice role in slowing and killing Arcane Sappers and for that accuracy comes handy. As I said it earlier it all comes down to what you use that hero for. For example an enchanted Queen Dress on mages can be good against setups that include silence heroes. That should all be taken into consideration before you judge people's teams.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 toxic909's Avatar
    Wc at my level doesn't have dodge
    when your lvl gets higher he can equip heavens halvert etc +25 dodge
    TOXIC360 S21

hi to all Pinoy HC players out there

FAIL=

First
    Attempt
    In
    Learning

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    All heroes are worth promoting to orange even panda he makes up for the lose of HP with damage and arnor penatrate which is basically more life steal and kills his target faster which is a way makes you live longer. 1800 life isn't that much when you have 40000

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Miserymachine View Post
    This x100.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Most P+4 max equips max enchant is on the same level as orange 4/6 equips. The last orange item really helps out. But since resources are limited, leaving most of your heroes P+4 and gearing other heroes for outland portals is a good idea.