Thread: Thanks, ucool!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Talking Thanks, ucool!

Most of the feedback in this forum is about what ucool needs to do to make their game better, so I want to mix things up a bit. What are some things that you already like about this game and/or ucool? What are they already doing well and what should they continue to do?

I'm not gonna lie, I was blown away when I received 100k gold and 100 gems last night for St. Patrick's Day. In fact, I'm consistently surprised and impressed by how generous ucool is with providing players with the game's paid currency (gems) without them having to pay. A couple weeks ago I submitted some localization suggestions (that were implemented within about a week), and received 500 gems from Ember via in-game mail. I was happy enough just to see my suggestions made in the game, but ucool went the extra mile, which is something they seem to do a lot.

Sure, support could always be "better" when it comes to smaller studios, and there will always be room for improvements and balancing in this game, but I feel like ucool constantly goes out of their way to reward both new and old players, whether or not are spending hundreds of dollars on this game. That is really awesome, and I think it should be recognized.

For the record, I wrote mobile game reviews for the now-closed TouchGen.com for many years. I have played hundreds (maybe thousands?) of mobile games, gone to dozens of trade shows, and met with hundreds of developers, both large and small. I have never once been so consistently surprised by a game and/or developer like I have with Heroes Charge and ucool. No one is perfect, but it's pretty obvious when a studio really does care about their customers, and ucool is absolutely one of those studios.

Thanks, ucool. Keep up the good work!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by smi1ey View Post
    Most of the feedback in this forum is a bit negative, so I want to mix things up a bit. What are some things that you all really like about this game, and/or developers behind it?

I'm not gonna lie, I was blown away when I received 100k gold and 100 gems last night for St. Patrick's Day. In fact, I'm consistently surprised and impressed by how generous ucool is with providing players with the game's paid currency (gems) without them having to pay. A couple weeks ago I submitted some localization suggestions (that were implemented within about a week), and received 500 gems from Ember via in-game mail. I was happy enough just to see my suggestions made in the game, but ucool went the extra mile, which is something they seem to do a lot.

Sure, support could always be "better" when it comes to smaller studios, and there will always be room for improvements and balancing in this game, but I feel like ucool constantly goes out of their way to reward both new and old players, whether or not are spending hundreds of dollars on this game. That is really awesome, and I think it should be recognized.

For the record, I wrote mobile game reviews for the now-closed TouchGen.com for many years. I have played hundreds (maybe thousands?) of mobile games, gone to dozens of trade shows, and met with hundreds of developers, both large and small. I have never once been so consistently surprised by a game and/or developer like I have with Heroes Charge and ucool. No one is perfect, but it's pretty obvious when a studio really does care about their customers, and ucool is absolutely one of those studios.

Thanks, ucool. Keep up the good work!
    Negative is a point of view. Feedback in the forums is exactly that; feedback. If the organization/company is doing something in error, or handle something in a "negative" way, it is fair to leave comment to such. That does not reflect on the persons giving the feedback, unless they, themselves, are in error. Feedback, will normally be viewed as criticism, or negative. After all, people leave such feedback after seeing a better way to do something thereby criticizing some aspect of a product's design, experiencing a problem with a product, or having some other "negative" experience in dealing with the product or organization/company.

It is a fair trade/exchange of ideas, unless the people posting are doing so in a rude or vindictive manner.

I would agree with you, yes, UCOOL does have a generous side. At Christmas, we received 1 million gold and 300 gems. That was excellent and completely unexpected. Also, the gems you get from beating highest rank in arena astounds me. That is a lot of gems to give away. However, generosity does not take away from things that need improvement. Although i do believe that UCOOL cares for the player base for more than $$$, I contend that the manner of approach needs addressing; based on many forum posts from the time I started playing this game (especially the last 2 weeks).

This does not mean that we are unhappy with this game or the company itself. It does mean that we are able to discern that problems exist and need to be addressed in order to keep the player base happy and profits flowing.

I rather like UCOOL and Heroes Charge, but I feel that giving appropriate feedback when necessary is key to assisting UCOOL in achieving their goals.

There is no need to define what "feedback" is. I'm well aware, and I never said that "negative" feedback is a bad thing. I simply wanted to change things up by providing feedback in the form of a compliment on what I believe ucool is doing right rather then pointing out what I believe they are doing wrong. No one is saying we should stop providing feedback on how to improve this game/community, or that ucool is without flaws. I pointed out in my original post that there is always room for improvement.

Anyways, I want this post to simply focus on what ucool is doing right with this game. It's still feedback, it's just positive feedback on what ucool should keep doing, because they are doing it well. This is just as important as other feedback, as it tells ucool what their community likes, and helps them to possibly expand on those features in the future.

When you open a thread with "Most of the feedback in this forum is a bit negative," you should expect responses like mine. I meant you no disrespect or ill-will. Do not take it as such. I simply wrote an exhaustive case of a larger point to avoid the people that will come to this thread and nit-pick everything to death just to try and troll the forums.

Overall, my experience with this game, and UCOOL itself, has been positive. For that, i am very thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    When you open a thread with "Most of the feedback in this forum is a bit negative," you should expect responses like mine. I meant you no disrespect or ill-will. Do not take it as such. I simply wrote an exhaustive case of a larger point to avoid the people that will come to this thread and nit-pick everything to death just to try and troll the forums.
    There are two types of feedback:

Negative: something is wrong with your product, here's how to fix it.

Positive: your product is great, keep doing these things.

I didn't say that negative feedback was bad feedback, or unnecessary. I literally called it what it is: most feedback in this forum is negative feedback, plain and simple. That said, I suppose if it will cause confusion, I'll just clarify my main post. I appreciate your feedback on my statement about feedback!

There is one thing that has amazed me. In this suggestion forum, many people have come up with quite a few ideas that UCOOL has implemented. Although no credit has been given to the original posters for their ideas, it is nice that UCOOL devs are listening and finding those golden nugget ideas and putting them into the game with regularity and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    There is one thing that has amazed me. In this suggestion forum, many people have come up with quite a few ideas that UCOOL has implemented. Although no credit has been given to the original posters for their ideas, it is nice that UCOOL devs are listening and finding those golden nugget ideas and putting them into the game with regularity and speed.
    Exactly! We got rewards for helping guildmates with the Ancient Temple just a couple days after it was suggested. That's unheard of. As I said in my original post, my English language fixes were implemented within a week, and my second round of fixes should go live any day now (so if you find that the rules for different content actually make sense now, you're welcome ). I'm amazed at how responsive devs are, even if they don't always respond in the forums right away. It's nice just knowing that concerns and suggestions are getting relayed to the right people.