Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 65

Thread: Ember Blade Evolution?

  1. #16
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLon View Post
    Silencer and Machinist are common heroes to use with VW + Ember. Phoenix and Mystic as well.
    Machinist is the worst hero to pair with Vw+ember

    Phoenix mystic is much stronger, or OC+succubus, or OC+mystic

    But not machinist....

  2. #17
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodside View Post
    Machinist is the worst hero to pair with Vw+ember

    Phoenix mystic is much stronger, or OC+succubus, or OC+mystic

    But not machinist....
    I have been playing with IH EB Phoenix (Because he's higher than OC) DM and Mystic. Not terrible. I like how IH shield helps keep EB alive and survive the initial wave.

  3. #18
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by beernuts44 View Post
    Who do you use as your VW EB set up?
    I use VW, EB, FM, Silencer and Machinist. I have only lost 1-2 matches in attacking so far due to bad RNG. It is so unstoppable, completely crush most teams in arena. Of course I do know how to break this formation though but if you put the counter team as defense, you will lose horribly against common Sapper teams.

  4. #19
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    6
    Everyone in my guild is hating on me for leveling up VW, hope you guys are right or ill never hear the end of it.

  5. #20
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    8
    VW+EB set up teams are build around with magic team to counter AS CW and FD.. but you need a lot of wizard hats, rough hewn axe and staff of rawlis... it will be a pain but if you start now you will benifit from it... but meta changes everytime some new heroes come out. so if your not ready for it right now, I think just stick on your main team at the moment save some resources and hope for the next heroes to be worth the resources... and if it is you get a time frame to farm new resources... just my opinion though...

  6. #21
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by flexr View Post
    I use VW, EB, FM, Silencer and Machinist. I have only lost 1-2 matches in attacking so far due to bad RNG. It is so unstoppable, completely crush most teams in arena. Of course I do know how to break this formation though but if you put the counter team as defense, you will lose horribly against common Sapper teams.
    I started using this team a few days ago on my server, then people started following . Of course, I would know how to counter a team I started using on my server.

    Two ways I've used to counter this team.
    1) The silence/control approach - WC, Commando, Silencer, SL, Ember.
    2) The burst down approach - Commando, Mystic, FM, OC, Machinist

    Both generally tend to work 90% of the time. You're going to have the odd RNG thing in there.

    An alternative I've been messing around with (non-commando team) - Panda, CW, Silencer, DM, SL - mixed results so far - still needs tweaking.

  7. #22
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by holybread View Post
    VW+EB set up teams are build around with magic team to counter AS CW and FD.. but you need a lot of wizard hats, rough hewn axe and staff of rawlis... it will be a pain but if you start now you will benifit from it... but meta changes everytime some new heroes come out. so if your not ready for it right now, I think just stick on your main team at the moment save some resources and hope for the next heroes to be worth the resources... and if it is you get a time frame to farm new resources... just my opinion though...
    Yeah I am ranked 74 and have VW to 60. I right now am maxing out Mystic while I decide if VW is worth it. I like EB a lot and i've been using him with IH and his initial shield seems to work fairly well with EB. Anyone else try it. Current team is IH EB Phoenix DM and Mystic is doing well magic wise.

    Physical team is WC CW LG Commando and SL

    Thoughts?

  8. #23
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodside View Post
    Machinist is the worst hero to pair with Vw+ember

    Phoenix mystic is much stronger, or OC+succubus, or OC+mystic

    But not machinist....
    OC/Succubus I could agree with, but IMO Machinist trumps the hell out of Phoenix all day. His US will surely burst down a few heroes when combined with the burst from OC and EB combined, he blinds, has faster attack speed, and is just better overall. What does Phoenix have? A nice US and he can revive, that's about it. He's overrated...sorry

  9. #24
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Killan36 View Post
    OC/Succubus I could agree with, but IMO Machinist trumps the hell out of Phoenix all day. His US will surely burst down a few heroes when combined with the burst from OC and EB combined, he blinds, has faster attack speed, and is just better overall. What does Phoenix have? A nice US and he can revive, that's about it. He's overrated...sorry
    I use Phoenix over Machinist 1) i like phoenix regen 2) He is leveled to max haven't had a chance to do Machinist yet.

  10. #25
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    10
    I'm not saying Phoenix is bad because he's not, I use him as well. I just think Machinist is better overall and shouldn't be neglected for too long. If I had the resources atm (TL 69) I'd start working on getting Machinist to replace Phoenix in most lineups but as it stands I have to hold off for more important heroes

  11. #26
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Killan36 View Post
    I'm not saying Phoenix is bad because he's not, I use him as well. I just think Machinist is better overall and shouldn't be neglected for too long. If I had the resources atm (TL 69) I'd start working on getting Machinist to replace Phoenix in most lineups but as it stands I have to hold off for more important heroes
    I agree I read that Machinist is a BEAST maxed out. He is on my upgrade list. I just hope that VW is worth it haha.

  12. #27
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    16
    How cute for low levels maxing out vw. Sorry to break it but he sucks until orange. Save ur resources and invest into better heroes

  13. #28
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Sharko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Killan36 View Post
    OC/Succubus I could agree with, but IMO Machinist trumps the hell out of Phoenix all day. His US will surely burst down a few heroes when combined with the burst from OC and EB combined, he blinds, has faster attack speed, and is just better overall. What does Phoenix have? A nice US and he can revive, that's about it. He's overrated...sorry
    Actually I use Pheonix in my EB VW team and she is always last one standing in fights easily lost when i tag in my mechanist

  14. #29
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    6
    Didn't realize VW was good...

  15. #30
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharko View Post
    Actually I use Pheonix in my EB VW team and she is always last one standing in fights easily lost when i tag in my mechanist
    See I have the exact opposite with him and generally have no issues taking him out, unless he's so protected that I can't get to him. But in order for that to happen they have to beef up their front line which lowers the overall dps of the team. Like I said before, I don't think he's bad and I use him myself. I do think he's a one trick pony though and there are better heroes out there that provide more versatility (machinist and succubus mainly). I don't plan on removing him from my go toos at this point either as LG is getting pretty bleh and I'll just replace her with Mach or Succubus when I have the resources available.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •