Thread: Unexpected trio

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Unexpected trio

While messing with g arena teams an unexpected trio have been doing really well. Ember blade, shadowleaf and psychic sword.

Been using them with iron hoof and drunken master as while those 2 die most of the time the other 3 end up winning alot. Most of the time the end result is shadow leaf on one side and psychic sword/ember blade on the opposite.

The effectively trap the other team between them and wipe them out. Alot of teams can't figure out which way to shoot and just aim back and forth. Wasn't expecting it to work but it has.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Hmm what level are you? I haven't found any use for physic sword. She looked so awesome, but doesn't do any l real damage.

Mine were between 70-75. Enemies were as high as 80 tho.

Psychic sword doesn't do much damage but she boosts her teams damage and lowers the armor of opposing team. She is nice on physical teams.

Normally she does her sacrifice and dies but seems to survive with ember blade next to her tho.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    disregard this

There is a way to use her and make her effective. You have to build a team specifically around her like you would Arcane Sapper. As a matter of fact if you build teleport teams you usually don't need much CC since the enemy usually faces the wrong way anyways. With the new panda mage once he ults he teleports for a second, casts a spell, then teleports back. While he's back there he gets attention for a second, takes a hit or two but always teleports back (as long as he's not dead which almost never happens). This coupled with other moves does the same thing as psychic sword. The difference is PS beams someone else over to your team. What this effectively does is put her in a bad place, at the cost of switching places with someone else and placing them in the middle of YOUR team, producing an Enemy team's Arcane Sapper but NOT designed to be there.

Try building a physical team AROUND her (literally) that is designed to deal high damage instantly while having a strong front line.
    What this does is moves an enemy to a very bad place (her previous position) and allows you to burst them down. Then if you have the right team members to save HER across the map she provides Both armor reduction to the enemy team AS WELL AS an attack damage buff to yours. She is designed to support not deal damage if you haven't noticed already. THAT is why she doesn't have high damage numbers. She provides armor debuff to enemy (support), Attack damage to your team (support) a teleport providing the enemy with bad positioning (support) while simultaneously stunning them (support) and individually a stun (support). Also the only real source of her damage is auto attacks second to her green and skills (not designed for damage exactly). She doesn't have high damage AOE's to provide loads of consistent damage nor does she deal holy damage. She is a ranged physical damage support.

Lastly here is a BIG TIP!!!
    Spoiler alert!!!

She becomes super useful at level 79 once she is geared (aka Purple +3). Once promoted she will have her first dodge item and have viable damage and armor to survive long enough along with MR and crit. At level 80 when geared, she gains Life Steal and a second dodge item.
    Only issue is if you promote her to P+4 at level 80 she can only wear 2 pieces of gear so DO NOT PROMOTE HER. After level 80 and almost every level after that she can wear a piece of gear - First +31 STR, AGI, INT boots, then a 36 agi ring, then at 84 she gets her Queens dress and at 85 her last piece providing accuracy, lots of agi, loads of AD and some HP. Once geared I would suggest keeping all pieces on her and Enchanting them. Sit on this gear and wait for her legendary quest.

You can keep her at purple +3 fully geared for a while until she hits level 85 or until she gets her legendary gear. (I would)

Suggested team: WC, LG, EB, PS, SL
    gives you some control, life steal for everyone, support and a good bit of both damage types.

hope this helps.

Just switched iron hoof for vanguard warrior. Now 3/5 guys switch places. I'd add lightning spirit but only one star won't help much. Maybe next month.

All the players who do swaps/teleport are:
    PS (permanently), AS (permanently), Lightning Spirit (temporarily), Hidden Needle (temporarily), VW (permanently), EB (one temporarily and one permanently), SM (briefly), Succubus (briefly), NA (Permanently), Pilot (temporarily always and can permanently if used as such).

SO far these are all the ones i know about. Some are just movements that avoid abilities, some are position switches permanently, some do not trigger enemy attacks. At any rate all of these remove the hero from standing, move it at a teleporting speed and place it in a different area for some period of time.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I'll say that just putting heroes because they switch places is dumb dumb way to build your team, and you should stop invest resources in them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherr View Post
    I'll say that just putting heroes because they switch places is dumb dumb way to build your team, and you should stop invest resources in them right now.
    no one said make a whole bunch of hero switching heroes was a good idea or to do it

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Agamerjes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherr View Post
    The thread started with "while messing around with g arena teams". Looks like a guy sharing a story about a weird result to me. Not someone trying to give advice. Honestly, I think the fact that the example team had panda tank and the 4-legged brick wall in front row had more to do with team success than the 3 dps. Either way, it is an interesting fluke.
    Life would be better with more Legos, and more naps.

Server: 58 Corvus

Agamerjes's Guide to HC Life, Universe, & Everthing:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...and-Everything

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    There is a way to use her and make her effective. You have to build a team specifically around her like you would Arcane Sapper. As a matter of fact if you build teleport teams you usually don't need much CC since the enemy usually faces the wrong way anyways. With the new panda mage once he ults he teleports for a second, casts a spell, then teleports back. While he's back there he gets attention for a second, takes a hit or two but always teleports back (as long as he's not dead which almost never happens). This coupled with other moves does the same thing as psychic sword. The difference is PS beams someone else over to your team. What this effectively does is put her in a bad place, at the cost of switching places with someone else and placing them in the middle of YOUR team, producing an Enemy team's Arcane Sapper but NOT designed to be there.

Try building a physical team AROUND her (literally) that is designed to deal high damage instantly while having a strong front line.
    What this does is moves an enemy to a very bad place (her previous position) and allows you to burst them down. Then if you have the right team members to save HER across the map she provides Both armor reduction to the enemy team AS WELL AS an attack damage buff to yours. She is designed to support not deal damage if you haven't noticed already. THAT is why she doesn't have high damage numbers. She provides armor debuff to enemy (support), Attack damage to your team (support) a teleport providing the enemy with bad positioning (support) while simultaneously stunning them (support) and individually a stun (support). Also the only real source of her damage is auto attacks second to her green and skills (not designed for damage exactly). She doesn't have high damage AOE's to provide loads of consistent damage nor does she deal holy damage. She is a ranged physical damage support.

Lastly here is a BIG TIP!!!
    Spoiler alert!!!

She becomes super useful at level 79 once she is geared (aka Purple +3). Once promoted she will have her first dodge item and have viable damage and armor to survive long enough along with MR and crit. At level 80 when geared, she gains Life Steal and a second dodge item.
    Only issue is if you promote her to P+4 at level 80 she can only wear 2 pieces of gear so DO NOT PROMOTE HER. After level 80 and almost every level after that she can wear a piece of gear - First +31 STR, AGI, INT boots, then a 36 agi ring, then at 84 she gets her Queens dress and at 85 her last piece providing accuracy, lots of agi, loads of AD and some HP. Once geared I would suggest keeping all pieces on her and Enchanting them. Sit on this gear and wait for her legendary quest.

You can keep her at purple +3 fully geared for a while until she hits level 85 or until she gets her legendary gear. (I would)

Suggested team: WC, LG, EB, PS, SL
    gives you some control, life steal for everyone, support and a good bit of both damage types.

hope this helps.
    Whatt he fuk are you smoking. Psychic sword sucks dick. There is no reason to farm her unless u want to be number 1 on the heroes power ranking. Shadowleaf is 10x better than psychic sword. If you give her equips to P+4 that's just sad or youre super rich.

Any team can smash that WC, LG, EB, PS, SL team. It's so shit that u dont see it in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    no one said make a whole bunch of hero switching heroes was a good idea or to do it
    It was just a g arena team that worked lol. Right now 52/53 heroes I have are level 55, purple and 3 star or better with maxed skills. Exception is lightning spirit who I have to wait till next month to do.

I play around with all kinds of teams for fun in grand arena. Eventually Ill get them all to orange and Max level. It's what keeps me playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Whatt he fuk are you smoking. Psychic sword sucks dick. There is no reason to farm her unless u want to be number 1 on the heroes power ranking. Shadowleaf is 10x better than psychic sword. If you give her equips to P+4 that's just sad or youre super rich.

Any team can smash that WC, LG, EB, PS, SL team. It's so shit that u dont see it in arena.
    Been farming this game since the summer and I have so much extra gear that promoting them up never is a problem. Just about every hero in this game can be used well so no reason for talking down to someone who is trying something new out. There are way too many servers and too many team combos to say don't use one.

I've seen a warchief, shadow leaf, lunar, psychic sword and commando team tear through teams before. Having 4 attack boosters on warchief works very well.