Thread: When to Unlock Heros

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

When to Unlock Heros

Thanks in advance and please be kind

I have a dilemma and was hoping for some opinion's from the community.

I have been farming VS and DV SS's (also AS through bronze chests) and now I have enough to unlock but I'm hoping to wait for a lucky chest/crusade to unlock them so I'd be one step closer to 4*.

My question:

Team Level 65. When is the last moment to unlock the hero's (VS, DV, AS) before they start being dominate and needed on my team? I sort of lack DPS on my team so a VS would be nice now but I 4* VS later would be better.

Question 2:

Should I even think about this strategy or just open and enjoy?

Question 3:

Should I even worry about AS as I as thinking of going for disease bringer...or maybe I have that backwards

Last Question:

I think I lack DPS but maybe there's a diamond in the rough that I don't know about and that I should develop. My underdeveloped hero's are: Ice Mage, Machinist, Phoenix, Master Mage, Sniper, Necro, Rifleman

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Thanks in advance and please be kind

I have a dilemma and was hoping for some opinion's from the community.

I have been farming VS and DV SS's (also AS through bronze chests) and now I have enough to unlock but I'm hoping to wait for a lucky chest/crusade to unlock them so I'd be one step closer to 4*.

My question:

Team Level 65. When is the last moment to unlock the hero's (VS, DV, AS) before they start being dominate and needed on my team? I sort of lack DPS on my team so a VS would be nice now but I 4* VS later would be better.

---
    The first answer I always give when someone asks whether they want to raise a new hero is this. Can you afford to raise the hero to your team level and gear it as soon as you open it. If you can, then I think it's fine to summon the hero. If not, then might as well wait it out, since an under-level hero is almost as good as a non-existent one.
    ---

Question 2:

Should I even think about this strategy or just open and enjoy?

---
    VS before DV. DV doesn't really shine until p3 + when she gets double dodge (similar to AS). If you need DPS, you need VS more than DV.
    ---

Question 3:

Should I even worry about AS as I as thinking of going for disease bringer...or maybe I have that backwards

---
    AS is good, you'll be using it for other things outside arena as well (at least I do for raids and gold rift lvl 5 & 6)
    ---

Last Question:

I think I lack DPS but maybe there's a diamond in the rough that I don't know about and that I should develop. My underdeveloped hero's are: Ice Mage, Machinist, Phoenix, Master Mage, Sniper, Necro, Rifleman

---
    Machinist really comes into his own from p4+ ... quick charging ulti which does tons of damage. Also you'll need him for outland and raids.
    ---

Thanks for your time and insight

I am in the exact same position as you are. Been farming VS (115/80) and DV (59/50) for a while and havent unlocked them yet as I wouldnt have the resources to raise them anyway. Planned to unlock them if i manage to save some gold/exppots and if i can 4* them right away. Doing so even paid off as I got my DV card in a gold chest yesterday so hoping for the VS one to follow :P

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by YanGGG View Post
    I am in the exact same position as you are. Been farming VS (115/80) and DV (59/50) for a while and havent unlocked them yet as I wouldnt have the resources to raise them anyway. Planned to unlock them if i manage to save some gold/exppots and if i can 4* them right away. Doing so even paid off as I got my DV card in a gold chest yesterday so hoping for the VS one to follow :P
    Isn't DV 2* (30 SS, not 50) ?

To answer OP: I'm level 76 and still waiting on VS... I've seen a level 83 player wait that long just to get VS to 4* ;-;
    I might unlock VS at level 79 or 80 but I really am looking for her in the gold chest D:

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I'm in similar position 124/80 VS, level 79. Won't unlock her till 84lvl but with my luck I doubt I will get her anyway. I guess after all once I farm 180SS I will pass.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 BadFerret's Avatar
    I would - exspecially with the new crusade where you have more chances to get heroes - wait with DV till L80+ and VS will be a gambeling. Could be you can get her the minute after you summon her.
    for the watch!

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Well, i guess my 180/80 vs ss could wait for 1 month

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    AS is 1 star so open or not is irrelevant since losing 3 SS is not much of a big deal. Make sure you get him 5 star before lvl 73.

VS only shine from 81 onwards so you could save till then. Only open her when you can 4 star full gear her straight away.

DV can wait till 87+. She just doesn't have much of an impact in arena before Legendary skill at 90.

Banned Contributor Level 2
    Even two star heroes only cost you 12 SS if you get the unlock after redeeming. But I'm all for holding out on three star heroes. I have 80/80 FD SS that I can't bring myself to redeem yet. I figure I'll finish taking CW and EB to four stars, then take FD to 180/80, and if I haven't gotten the unlock by then I'll redeem him.

I had been waiting on Drunken Master as well, but after a thorough review it seems like the forums agree that you can't get a random unlock for him.

To the OP's specific question about VS, just ask yourself this: Are you happy with where you're placing in the grand arena and the arena? If so, you can hold out on VS indefinitely. If not, then you should get her into the mix. I'm team level 69 right now with a four star VS and I use her in my arena team and a grand arena team.

Any idea of what is the 3* hero drop raid on golden chests?

I'm waiting to summon heroes too, but the only thing i'm getting is blue stuff or xp items...

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    Isn't DV 2* (30 SS, not 50) ?
    Yea, it is. But i already had 59 of her stones (without unlocking her) when i got the card dropped, so she's sitting at 2* (59/50) right now because i havent bothered to evolve her to 3* yet