Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard Crusade Strategy & Team formations

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Sharko's Avatar

Hard Crusade Strategy & Team formations

So as everyone knows hard crusade is out, and I guess you are all like me afraid to waste your daily earned money for a chance at double dragon coins.

So did anyone actually try the hard crusade? Any tips about good formations in HC meta? Any successful all around teams? If anyone has any input abt actual trials please share them
    lvl 93

Server 52 Corax

Leader of Black Flags, ranked no.1 guild on the server

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Got this link from another thread for Chinese server. Used DM/OC/Mystic/Chap/DB. Works well till 13-14/15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBYL...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Thatzme View Post
    Got this link from another thread for Chinese server. Used DM/OC/Mystic/Chap/DB. Works well till 13-14/15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBYL...ature=youtu.be
    Yeah i am building my DB now for this team. But about the actual strategy when using ults, saving energy etc...

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    hard mode isnt really "hard"....

you meet the same easy teams as normal crusade, even though you have no regen but those teams are just too easy to beat....

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Its like the old crusade. Charge energy with many heroes at the beginning. Use DM, DK and maybe a third (normal) tank. Chaplain is still important, without her it's almost impossible (maybe Shadowshaman is a good alternative, but I don't believe). Reset if the current run is not looking good.

P.S. Don't see any need for DB. I'm going for him, but he is not important!

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 BadFerret's Avatar
    Heroes I have benefit most of:

- DK: Tanking
    - DM: Dealing nearly all damage I made
    - Chaplin: Healing
    - DB: Tanking, Healing, Stunning, Triggering Skills into the wrong direction, DoTs
    - NA: Yes, I was surprised, too. I charged his energy at one at the first levels and in the last 5 all of them had a mystic in it whose US killed nearly the whole team. Chaplin out, NA in. He jumps in the back killing the mystic in 3 seconds and keeps the backheroes away from my tank whil dealing damage from behin. Insanely effective.
    - VS: Her CC is way better than the OCs one, because you can instant stun the enemy, canceling skills.
    - CW: Nice damage and nice for taking damage with the clones

------

I don't believe DB is necessar, but if you can get him, do it. He saved my a*s everytime with either his heal, his stun or his Titan taking the damage and causing the other frontliners to turn around leaving my DK alone.

BTW:
    The normal crusade drops where extremly good, but the hard mode drops were pure sh*t. Not one blue/purple item or SS, only Level 1-20 equipment.
    for the watch!

Banned Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by BadFerret View Post

- DB: Tanking, Healing, Stunning, Triggering Skills into the wrong direction, DoTs
    - NA: Yes, I was surprised, too. I charged his energy at one at the first levels and in the last 5 all of them had a mystic in it whose US killed nearly the whole team. Chaplin out, NA in. He jumps in the back killing the mystic in 3 seconds and keeps the backheroes away from my tank whil dealing damage from behin. Insanely effective.
    - VS: Her CC is way better than the OCs one, because you can instant stun the enemy, canceling skills.

------

I don't believe DB is necessar, but if you can get him, do it. He saved my a*s everytime with either his heal, his stun or his Titan taking the damage and causing the other frontliners to turn around leaving my DK alone.

BTW:
    The normal crusade drops where extremly good, but the hard mode drops were pure sh*t. Not one blue/purple item or SS, only Level 1-20 equipment.
    Hail to papa deathcoil

------

BTW:
    Great feedback
    I also noticed the better drops in normal crusade today Gonna try the hard one today when my DB is fully skilled

HI everyone, whats the demotion feature in crusade? Does it mean that if hard mode gets too hard you can just use the demotion option to switch back to normal crusade mode?

Quote Originally Posted by tacko222 View Post
    HI everyone, whats the demotion feature in crusade? Does it mean that if hard mode gets too hard you can just use the demotion option to switch back to normal crusade mode?
    exactly this.
    for the watch!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    To add on, noticed that "purple" chests are indeed better than normal chests now.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by clsh View Post
    To add on, noticed that "purple" chests are indeed better than normal chests now.
    Cheers!
    Normal Mode:
    Normal Chests = Drop + Gold
    Purple Chest = Drop + Drop + Gold + Dragon Points
    Gold Chest = Drop + Drop + Drop + Gold + Dragon Points

At hard mode its doubled. But you just get one, two three differen items, but twice.
    for the watch!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    BTW:
    I did the normal crusade one last time, just to see if the drops are really better My guildmate got 30ss of mastermage (just didnt show it the card), i got 7 of riffleman .. appart from that i got lots of 1ss of heroes ... some rubbish items. On the purple chests i got more rewards (mostly crap items) .... so its slightly better , but wouldnt do it again

next time the hard one

ah, u answered meanwhile , nevermind ...

Quote Originally Posted by Koldis View Post
    I did the normal crusade one last time, just to see if the drops are really better My guildmate got 30ss of mastermage (just didnt show it the card), i got 7 of riffleman .. appart from that i got lots of 1ss of heroes ... some rubbish items. On the purple chests i got more rewards (mostly crap items) .... so its slightly better , but wouldnt do it again

next time the hard one

ah, u answered meanwhile , nevermind ...
    I was getting "lots of" single SS during normal, but not a single during the hard.
    (I was not getting full cards, but you can't expect that everyday )
    for the watch!

Normal Mode:
    Normal Chests = Drop + Gold
    Purple Chest = Drop + Drop + Gold + Dragon Points
    Gold Chest = Drop + Drop + Drop + Gold + Dragon Points

At hard mode its doubled. But you just get one, two three differen items, but twice.
    I got loads of shitty drops from my first hard crusade raids