Page 98 of 353 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 5295

Thread: Development Journal

  1. #1456
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    6
    Im glad they nerfed SQ

  2. #1457
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolfe View Post
    There is a player by the name of K_Chan who i believe is cheating/hacking on server 121 Skyfall. Every time i am in first place for arena right before reward time i mysteriously develop extreme server lag and I'm unable to stay in my game i log back in right ON reward time and there is no longer any lag, and i am no longer in first place and player K_Chan is now in first place, this has happened 4 times now and this is the second time i have reported this. You need to reply to this email and investigate this player and remove his account, i dont know if its a DDOS i don't know what he's doing. But somehow him and/or his friends are preventing me from contenting first place (because i can and DO beat him every time for it). Cheating like this ruins games and you need to prioritize resolving how it is happening to your game.
    Change your rewards time one hour later or sooner. Done

  3. #1458
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    And as an example for that there was a guy with SQ who's rank I took in GA and he wasted 5 chances fighting and losing because he had no idea what he's doing, just thought he must win because he has her. And there's a another one just like that on my server...so these are just dumb people to me. Got no idea what they're doing but they expect to get everything just because they have money. And if you're talking about Gates, he earned it so he can do what ever he want's to do with it, those in game most of the times spend their parents money, not the money they earned
    This bit tells me all I need to know about you. You assume that he just expected to win because he had an SQ, because heaven forbid, he retaliated and tried to gain back his rank. Did you talk to him/her? Do you know them? You assume that everyone with a VIP level higher than yours is just spending mom and dads money. To get to VIP 11 (i.e. magic stone becomes available) is, I believe, around $500 or so. Prorate that over 9 months or so and you're looking at around $14 a week. Clearly only the privileged can afford such luxuries lol. Toss in the free spins that you get (which can be used to roll the hero of the moth), and there ya go. So, I'm sorry, if someone can't come up with a measly $14 a week then they probably have greater concerns than being beat in some fantasy game.

    To me, the truth of the mater is that yes SQ was extremely strong and probably needed tuned some. But, my money still says that the mass hysteria she caused was due to the fact that she blew up the meta heroes that everyone has. FD, NA, L Adm, Sil, etc.. She was going to cause the masses to get away from their comfort zone and roll those Soul Hunters and Necromancers. And to me, that would have been a good thing. Instead, we'll keep seeing the same old cookie cutter teams composed of the same 7 or 8 heroes......boring. To me, she was the shakeup the game needed. Not because she was so strong, but because she was going to make some of those irrelevant heroes relevant. There were counters in the game to her, most everyone was just holding on too tightly to their good ol' team to bother leveling them up.

  4. #1459
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by M3f View Post


    And if it really was true what You're saying this game would be empty long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aabenroi View Post
    Lol... You must ask ucool to create a raid button for vip 15 in arena and ga... Vip 15 don't need to pick any hero to fight. That button does all the things to get victory. Its more user friendly.
    I like game with in app purchase because money is the legal hack
    [K]Nerdgasm
    Server 39
    Guild - King Kong

  5. #1460
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Uziah View Post
    This bit tells me all I need to know about you. You assume that he just expected to win because he had an SQ, because heaven forbid, he retaliated and tried to gain back his rank. Did you talk to him/her? Do you know them? You assume that everyone with a VIP level higher than yours is just spending mom and dads money. To get to VIP 11 (i.e. magic stone becomes available) is, I believe, around $500 or so. Prorate that over 9 months or so and you're looking at around $14 a week. Clearly only the privileged can afford such luxuries lol. Toss in the free spins that you get (which can be used to roll the hero of the moth), and there ya go. So, I'm sorry, if someone can't come up with a measly $14 a week then they probably have greater concerns than being beat in some fantasy game.

    To me, the truth of the mater is that yes SQ was extremely strong and probably needed tuned some. But, my money still says that the mass hysteria she caused was due to the fact that she blew up the meta heroes that everyone has. FD, NA, L Adm, Sil, etc.. She was going to cause the masses to get away from their comfort zone and roll those Soul Hunters and Necromancers. And to me, that would have been a good thing. Instead, we'll keep seeing the same old cookie cutter teams composed of the same 7 or 8 heroes......boring. To me, she was the shakeup the game needed. Not because she was so strong, but because she was going to make some of those irrelevant heroes relevant. There were counters in the game to her, most everyone was just holding on too tightly to their good ol' team to bother leveling them up.
    Finally we agree on something, yes she was a good refreshment in game, to put some more thinking into it and not so much used heroes. And yes she needed a little adjusting, not to completely destroy her. And for the guy I mentioned, do you do that? Spend 5 chances on same person( not for rank 1,2,3)? I certenly don't...if I see 2 times I can't win I hit someone around that rank. And believe me he was conting on her only, rest of team with her was just a trash. For spending money I have no idea how much it takes for that, I never was interesyed in that, I just buy when there is a promotion for soul stones for a hero that I want to use. And from what people say here in forum is they spend 100$ a week?! That's just insane to me and that is what I was talking anout

  6. #1461
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    568
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    I agree with everything you said here. They can't understand that they aren't the ones that bring a lot of money to Ucool it's majority of lower VIP level players, more players means more money, a minority of high vip players does mean money but the is just a few of them per server, the rest is lower or no vip players, and they are the ones that keep the game alive. If high vip had all the privileges why would anyone even try to compete, when you know you can't win if you don't put a money into it. And that's just business, not a game. High vip deserve some privileges but not absolute dominance just because they put more money into it than someone else.
    You couldn't be more wrong:

    "In a mobile monetization report released today, app testing firm Swrve found that in January, half of free-to-play games’ in-app purchases came from 0.15 percent of players. Only 1.5 percent of players of games in the Swrve network spent any money at all."

    http://recode.net/2014/02/26/a-long-...nt-of-players/

  7. #1462
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong:

    "In a mobile monetization report released today, app testing firm Swrve found that in January, half of free-to-play games’ in-app purchases came from 0.15 percent of players. Only 1.5 percent of players of games in the Swrve network spent any money at all."

    http://recode.net/2014/02/26/a-long-...nt-of-players/
    I'm assuming that 90% of people pay monthly cards...and from what I can see there is no non VIP players or they are very rare...

  8. #1463
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    568
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    I'm assuming that 90% of people pay monthly cards...and from what I can see there is no non VIP players or they are very rare...
    But the trend in free to play mobile games is highlighted in that article among many others easily found online...only about 1.5% of all players pay some money, and of those, 0.15 percent make up half of the revenue, and I'm sure this game doesn't fall far from that statistic.

  9. #1464
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    But the trend in free to play mobile games is highlighted in that article among many others easily found online...only about 1.5% of all players pay some money, and of those, 0.15 percent make up half of the revenue, and I'm sure this game doesn't fall far from that statistic.
    This is very much in general speaking not every game is same with in app purchases, I'll say about me for example,many games I played I spent in most of them nothing at all. Just in 3 games I spent money which 2 of them I regret later...this is only game that I find interesting enough to spend money for and to be satisfy with that. So many people think the same I guess, they find some games interesting way much more than others and if you calculate all the games together that's where you get very low percentage in spending. Just check your server and see how much no VIP players you'll see. Lets say servers got 1000 players and there is 160 servers, let's say at least 100 players on each server spend 5$ every month(monthly card plus other 5$ purchases but not everyone every month does additional 5$ so lets say in general 5$ a month) and add to that at least 10 high VIP players per server...that's a lot of money, and for sure a lot more than shown by that research. But the numbers I mentioned are probably the lowest possible, they go much higher than that for sure.

  10. #1465
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    568
    Rep Power
    25
    It's pretty much well known in the industry that a small percentage make up the bulk of the revenue, but we shall just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that, since I think I've derailed the topic enough.

    But I think your example actually illustrates what the article was talking about. 100*5 =$500 from 1/10 of those on your hypothetical server. 10 VIP who probably spend $500/ea/month... 500*10=$5000.... Clearly the high VIP contribution adds more to the bottom line overall...

    Even at $100/month for high VIP those 10 are still spending twice as much as 100 others....

  11. #1466
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    It's pretty much well known in the industry that a small percentage make up the bulk of the revenue, but we shall just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that, since I think I've derailed the topic enough.

    But I think your example actually illustrates what the article was talking about. 100*5 =$500 from 1/10 of those on your hypothetical server. 10 VIP who probably spend $500/ea/month... 500*10=$5000.... Clearly the high VIP contribution adds more to the bottom line overall...

    Even at $100/month for high VIP those 10 are still spending twice as much as 100 others....
    You didn't calculate number of servers...there is 160 servers right now and all have about 1000 people less or more...100 was for an example only for spending and my guess is most of those spend at least for monthly cards. Let's say half of them spends 3$ only that would be 500*160=80,000 than 80,000*3=240,000
    For high VIP as I said let's calculate 10 per server, that would be 1600, let it be that all of them spend 100$ a month, which might not be true and they most certainly don't spend 500$, at least not most of them, 500$ is needed to get a hero to 5* right away... so let's say 1600 players spend 100$ that would be: 1600*100 which brig us to 160,000
    so in total low VIPs spend at least 240,000 in one month and high VIPs spend at least 160,000 in one month which brings us to my point earlier
    My calculations are just roughly said and may not be correct but it's around those numbers, more or less. And there is a lot of some middle VIP players that spend for %$ promotions like me so that will grow a number spending for lower VIPs and I doubt that there is more than 10 high VIPs per server, maybe there is somewhere and somewhere less but this is I guess ok for a rough calculation for this

  12. #1467
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    12
    In other hand high vip pay low vip and free player to play with them. Beside peivilages in advance, High vip must pay for balance that low vip and free player to have the chance to win also. If not why do the other spending time to play the game.

  13. #1468
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    568
    Rep Power
    25
    You changed the original assumptions from your hypothetical to agree with your point...and still you showed that 1/100 of the population spend and account for 40% of their revenue. This is still in line with the tone of the article I referenced.

  14. #1469
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by K30nu View Post
    In other hand high vip pay low vip and free player to play with them. Beside peivilages in advance, High vip must pay for balance that low vip and free player to have the chance to win also. If not why do the other spending time to play the game.
    Don't write nonsense please...they pay for low VIP to play??? LOL
    Never heard anything more stupid than this

  15. #1470
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    You changed the original assumptions from your hypothetical to agree with your point...and still you showed that 1/100 of the population spend and account for 40% of their revenue. This is still in line with the tone of the article I referenced.
    As I said I was speaking in general examples...there is now possible way that only 100 people out of 1000 pay anything...most of them pay monthly cards but as I said to make it more close to real numbers in total let it be that half of them pay monthly cards. And also as I said research says in general for all available games and not all available games are equally attractive to players to spend money in, so the result in general can't be relevant to every single game. Some get more, some get less in-app purchases, but for this particular game 1.5% is way too low for actual numbers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •