Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: The Best Heroes Charge Guides?

  1. #1
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    6

    Wink The Best Heroes Charge Guides?

    Hey all,

    Over at the lightly-used Heroes Charge subreddit I created a New Player Guide List that is meant to be used a tool for new players BEFORE they post silly questions ("What is the best comp for Arena!?"). While I hope for the community to contribute tips for various aspects of the game, the biggest focus of the post is to be a constantly-updated collection of the best Heroes Charge guides across the web.

    So my questions for you are:

    - Which guides are your favorites?
    - Which guides helped you the most as a new player?
    - Which guides helped you the most as an experienced player?
    - Do you have a "go-to guide" that you visit on a regular basis?

    You'll notice that the list I posted on the subreddit already contains some guides from this forum, as well as elsewhere on the net. That said, many of the guides that are stickied in this forum are quite outdated or hard to read (assuming the writer doesn't use English as their first language). I want one-stop are for new players to gain the best and most up-to-date information they can.

    All suggestions and thoughts are welcome, and please include the URL to the guide when you can. Cheers!

  2. #2
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Miserymachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    12
    Uber Star's guild raids guide is a big help for anyone starting out raiding.

  3. #3
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Miserymachine View Post
    Uber Star's guild raids guide is a big help for anyone starting out raiding.
    Yep! That one is already linked in my post.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Agamerjes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    21
    I think my own guide went over well, and I keep it updated. (in sig)

    Self-promotion aside, the 2 threads I linked in my thread also helped me a great deal:

    The outland portal guide thread:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...Outland-Portal

    And the In-depth End Game hero Analysis thread:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...mp-Orange-Gear
    Life would be better with more Legos, and more naps.

    Server: 58 Corvus

    Agamerjes's Guide to HC Life, Universe, & Everthing:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...and-Everything

  5. #5
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    6
    Wow, I started reading your guide and it is incredibly well-written. I'm happy to hear that you keep it maintained, as that is one of the biggest issues I've seen with guides posted on this forum. Thank you for the other suggestions as well. I will check them all out!

    Edit: That is by far the most comprehensive and helpful HC overview guide I've read to date. Well done!

  6. #6
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Agamerjes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    21
    Thank you. Honestly, there are a few well written guides around here, but since stickies are not kept up and mods are rare, they can get lost in the sea of daily activity.
    Life would be better with more Legos, and more naps.

    Server: 58 Corvus

    Agamerjes's Guide to HC Life, Universe, & Everthing:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...and-Everything

  7. #7
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    6
    I actually received a good response to a troubleshooting question I had, but yeah this forum definitely needs to undergo some spring cleaning. There is apparently only one mod on the reddit, which explains why there are no helpful stickies there. I messaged them directly, and hopefully they will give me at least some access to do some moderation there. The easiest way for a game to die is to abandon it's community.

  8. #8
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    14
    I know its already posted in the reddit but you can also add this to your guide http://www.lunary.ch/db/

  9. #9
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Seraphim View Post
    I know its already posted in the reddit but you can also add this to your guide http://www.lunary.ch/db/
    I saw that, but I guess I'm not totally clear of what it's purpose is. Is it just a random repository of various team comps for different content? It's an oddly designed site.

  10. #10
    Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    6
    I am also using this one from urgametips: pretty good for beginners
    http://www.urgametips.com/2015/03/he...selection.html

  11. #11
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakMe View Post
    I am also using this one from urgametips: pretty good for beginners
    http://www.urgametips.com/2015/03/he...selection.html
    Wow, for being a site I've never heard of until playing this game, and one with a really lame name, urgametips sure has some good guides! :P This is a good companion guide to go with the existing Arena tier list. Thanks!

  12. #12
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by smi1ey View Post
    I saw that, but I guess I'm not totally clear of what it's purpose is. Is it just a random repository of various team comps for different content? It's an oddly designed site.
    its mostly a gives you team compositions that players used on different parts of the game there are even some vids on how they do it, its quite important specially on high level portal trials and rift and raids to have a rough idea on what hero is effective so you can improvise if you don't have that certain hero or try that certain hero composition

  13. #13
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Seraphim View Post
    its mostly a gives you team compositions that players used on different parts of the game there are even some vids on how they do it, its quite important specially on high level portal trials and rift and raids to have a rough idea on what hero is effective so you can improvise if you don't have that certain hero or try that certain hero composition
    Is it somehow linked directly to the game, or is it just people submitting their comps? Sorry but the site is light on info.

  14. #14
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Zäschi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Server 34
    Posts
    345
    Rep Power
    17
    It is a collection of succeeded team compositions that we gather from own experience, this forum and sent in from players. It is just two weeks old, so bear with me. It will recieve more detailed content continuously over time. If you do not like the layout, i am glad to hear some feedback from you. : )

  15. #15
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zäschi View Post
    It is a collection of succeeded team compositions that we gather from own experience, this forum and sent in from players. It is just two weeks old, so bear with me. It will recieve more detailed content continuously over time. If you do not like the layout, i am glad to hear some feedback from you. : )
    Oh! I didn't realize you were the one who created the site! I'll look into more deeply and send you a PM if I have suggestions. I've been involved in involved in various web design projects over the years, so I'll do my best to provide good feedback.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •