Thread: Questions for vets

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Questions for vets

Ive been reading the forums for a couple weeks regularly....so forgive me if these questions have been answered.

1) is spending surplus gold on bronze chests worth it when I could be saving for the future? I am just reaching the point where I can keep my core team fully skilled and put back some gold each day. Its not a lot but its a start.

2) I just reached chapters that require 8 stam per run....and I know that it only gets worse later. That caused a decrease in experience for my heroes. Does that problem continue to get worse or does it not matter end game?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    1) If you want to get all the 1* to 5* you can start open bronze chest but its not as easy as it sound, I heard that you need more than 300 million to get to 5* so its a long run AND if you intend to do that dont forget to have always a small ressource like 10M for a specific new hero or skill up all heroes that you need.

2) when you get to lvl 70-75 you dont really care about experience from chapter, booty cave is the main ressource for exp pot. Dont get me wrong, if yourun a lot of chapters you will get a ton of exp pot too, but booty cave just too good to pass.

from my own experience: Team lvl 86 and I have 20 heroes at max lvl max skill (vip 6)

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    I opened around 25m worth of bronze chests when I was in my 60s, it helped immensely for farming 1 star heroes. I obtained 5* sapper about 10 days sooner than expected because I didn't have to waste as many guild tokens for him. Same with Phoenix, Leaves Shadow, Tusked Storm as well as a few others. Worth it short term? Yes. Long term? Probably not. I'd like that 25m back for leveling skills :P That being said, I pulled an assload of items for enchanting as well, so it's not all bad.

Also, when you run higher exp per run chapters, you get better exp potions for raiding them. Or if you're running them, you get exp per stamina used, so it all equals out.

Thanks for the info.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Stamina cost per chapter doesn't really matter, it saves you raid tickets if anything. But if you're farming for specific fragments, you might want to consider the tradeoff between farming on lower chapters and higher chapters. i.e. Chapter 6 drops Demon Edge for 6 STA per run, while Chapter 8 drops Demon Edge and Kellosian (whatever) for 8 STA a run.

I will certainly do higher stam runs when 2 purples are involved. Even if I dont need something right this minute I may need it in 3 levels then be forced to go back and get it.

That becomes a large issue when you need 50 items for a reel right?

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    I dont know but recently, I spent 10M gold on chest and got only 4-5 1* hero card. It is getting harder and harder to farm ss by purchasing bronze chest but again, I need to spend my extra gold anyway.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by a3leggedpony View Post
    Ive been reading the forums for a couple weeks regularly....so forgive me if these questions have been answered.

1) is spending surplus gold on bronze chests worth it when I could be saving for the future? I am just reaching the point where I can keep my core team fully skilled and put back some gold each day. Its not a lot but its a start.

2) I just reached chapters that require 8 stam per run....and I know that it only gets worse later. That caused a decrease in experience for my heroes. Does that problem continue to get worse or does it not matter end game?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Spend what you like on chests but keep 5-7 mil on hand just in case.

The exp you get for completing a stage increases the further you go so I don't see the problem there

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay.D3e View Post
    I dont know but recently, I spent 10M gold on chest and got only 4-5 1* hero card. It is getting harder and harder to farm ss by purchasing bronze chest but again, I need to spend my extra gold anyway.
    I spent 0,5m today and got 2 1* heroes.... its still luck based

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Miserymachine's Avatar
    1) I pick a threshold where anything over that is extra spending cash that I blow on bronze chests. This does a couple things, it will cap out the 1star heroes like admiral/eva/psycho/shadow leaves etc, it will also give you tons of equipment fodder for enchanting. Finally it will let you start gathering stones for sword master exchanges.

2) As far as hero xp goes by the time you reach 80 maxing out your heroes via the booty cave digs and shop purchases and potions from the campaign is incredibly easy. Mostly because each level takes so long that you have more than enough time to peg them out. By the late 80s you're going to have a stockpile of xp potions.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Having 4 Booty Caves helps immensely

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Agamerjes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZantGX View Post
    Having 4 Booty Caves helps immensely
    This. Between 4 coin caves, constant 15/15 crusades, cave bread usage, and the usual gold generated by gear/ss farming, you really start to see a gold surplus in the late 60s, early 70s. 2 cave (FTP) folks usually see it closer to 70s, assuming they are 15/15 and all the rest. It is that sweet spot where exp needed to hit next team level starts to take a while, meaning skills are capped fairly quickly.

The "300 million" figure may sound scary, but realize that is not a lump sum. That is the long haul sum. 70s/80s, you are generating a few million a day, and most of that goes to bronze chests. So, "300 million" really translates to "about a month of farming", which is what you are doing with campaign missions anyways. lol
    Life would be better with more Legos, and more naps.

Server: 58 Corvus

Agamerjes's Guide to HC Life, Universe, & Everthing:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...and-Everything

I've been keeping 7-10 heroes maxed out. I switched from gold caves to potion and that helped too.