Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Help] Let's talk about this YT channel

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 BadFerret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eboats View Post
    It would be cool to spot light heroes, and talk about what they are good at while showing example gameplay. Especially true for lesser used heroes. Let's see a Master Mage video showing her vs Northern Dragon, and in arena vs. a variety of all physical teams. Get people excited about the ways to use Ferryman!
    I'm waiting for this kind of youtuber for a long time and all we have is VoLt with his useless diary-styled videos and evrac where I go beserk when I hear him talk.
    (That's why I was trying to make youtube videos, because the HC community needs what the CoD community has in Drift0r)
    for the watch!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Zäschi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadFerret View Post
    I'm waiting for this kind of youtuber for a long time and all we have is VoLt with his useless diary-styled videos and evrac where I go beserk when I hear him talk.
    (That's why I was trying to make youtube videos, because the HC community needs what the CoD community has in Drift0r)
    There you go d3x! Lets do that and implement the vids at the Acronym section. :P

New Comers Contributor Level 1

Quote Originally Posted by d3xter View Post
    Snip for space
    I really like the site personally. It has some nice information for people like myself working their way up (average character level 68)

One think I would like if possible though is a rough minimum level of what your team should be before trying each trial/portal/etc.

For example: (assuming max skills)

Dwarf level V - Minimum level 73-75
    Valkyrie Level VI - Minimum 78-80

Stuff like that would be invaluable for someone like me. Keep up the good work fella!

Quote Originally Posted by Psykill View Post
    I really like the site personally. It has some nice information for people like myself working their way up (average character level 68)

One think I would like if possible though is a rough minimum level of what your team should be before trying each trial/portal/etc.

For example: (assuming max skills)

Dwarf level V - Minimum level 73-75
    Valkyrie Level VI - Minimum 78-80

Stuff like that would be invaluable for someone like me. Keep up the good work fella!
    Good point and i am currently adding this to the DB as you can see it at the Tidal Temple allready.
    But lets focus on the OP's subject here. If you like to place feature requests or feedback regarding the site please place it here.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 d3xter's Avatar
    First things first. Thank you so much for your feedback so far! I really appreciate it! It helps a lot to provide what you really want to see!

@BadFerret I felt not flamed at all. If anything your feedback is really helpfull! I watched the video of ahoy and it's really good. This guy is a pro. I just started to make videos about 2 weeks ago, so I'm an absolute beginner. This video and your comments will help me a lot to improve. And you're right, the hero videos are all kind of previews not in-depth guides. I'm on it, but it's a lot of work!

@Eboats I guess you think of the same thing as BadFerret above your post. I'll defenitely try to make something happen.

@Zäschi This would be a great idea and a nice addition to the webpage!

Alright, just like said before, the HC community deserves a nice channel on YT. I give it all! Feel free to keep this discussion alive and throw in some nice ideas of yours.

Off Topic

Does anyone know how I can obtain ingame sounds and pictures, like icons, spells or gear? Would be really helpful.

Does anyone know how I can obtain ingame sounds and pictures, like icons, spells or gear? Would be really helpful.
    You might have to look up in the source files/filders and maybe you can export them from there. Don't ask me how to do that.

Edit: You also can record your computer sound and cut the sound out. For images just take screenshots. Only for animation you must look up the sources.
    for the watch!

You might have to look up in the source files/filders and maybe you can export them from there. Don't ask me how to do that.

Edit: You also can record your computer sound and cut the sound out. For images just take screenshots. Only for animation you must look up the sources.
    I already tried to get them via the source folder within the android system folder (through a routed device), but there were only *.ddx/ *.ddv files unable to extract the data within them. I guess I'll have to do it the old way... record & screenshot xD

I already tried to get them via the source folder within the android system folder (through a routed device), but there were only *.ddx/ *.ddv files unable to extract the data within them. I guess I'll have to do it the old way... record & screenshot xD
    aren't there any ddv converter in the internet?
    for the watch!

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    actually you have to learn a lot about this game and you are showing some obvious things in your vids (for me personally) try to show us something more inovative

Quote Originally Posted by Davies View Post
    actually you have to learn a lot about this game and you are showing some obvious things in your vids (for me personally) try to show us something more inovative
    Could you specifiy this a bit?

aren't there any ddv converter in the internet?
    It seems like a communication format between the server and the file. I didn't find information how to deal with these files

Btw what do you guys think of the intro of the videos?

I generelly don't like intros especially if half of the intro is a "brought to you by" part . At least your not using this typical dubstep music + channelname in funky 3D art intro that everybody uses.
    I know its a comic game, but the font, the sound and the style is not telling me "Oh this is a youtuber I would trust in when he makes guides and hero profiles or talks about ingame stats". It looks more like a intro for a comedy/prank channel (if this is not the goal of your channel, ignore)

(And again, I don't want to flame I know the first intro a youtuber makes is always something he is proud of, otherwise you would not ask for thoughts)

BTW: I know these forums are dead, but I think this would better be placed in the Entertainment section :P
    for the watch!

I could also live without it. Your name is present when people are entering your channel. I would prefer if the content starts right away.

Yup the entertainment forum is dead, sadly there's no reason to post somethingin there.... -.-

I'll think about the intro for the guide I'm currently on. Thanks for the feedback