Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Help] Let's talk about this YT channel

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 d3xter's Avatar

Question [Help] Let's talk about this YT channel

Hey folks,

I recently created a new YouTube channel with guides, tips and tricks for Heroes Charge PvE and PvP content for people who love the game, people like us! Now after a few videos and the participation in a very nice website project Click me I'm very interested in YOUR opinion.

• What do you think of the videos provided by the channel?
    • What would you like to see?
    • What do you miss?
    • What topics are you interested in?
    • What do you think is good or bad?

Start talking, love, cry, hate, diss, criticize, laugh or cheer. I'd really like some feedback, to produce even better videos which are really helpful to you peeps, to show you what you are interested in!

Thanks

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Team composition is a huge one. Figuring out what you should be doing in not only the arena and crusades, but also in the later areas (Grand Arena/Raids/Outland). One of the hardest parts of this game is figuring out which heroes to use.

Which leads to the next question I see most, resource allocation. What heroes should I level? How should I use stamina? Should I use gems to replenish stam, reset elites or buy gold chests? Obviously part of it is how much money you are spending on the game, but I think it's worth covering.

And then probably do like a weekly focus on different parts of the game...Grand Arena/Arena, Item Farming, Soul Stone Farming, Outland Portals, etc.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    nice web site and info
    from what i have seen people in chinese youtube (youku) that person is getting around 20k to 50k views per video.
    what people like most is: beating other people team with the heros you have on hand. normal heros (no SW, NA...magic stone heros)
    lets face it 90% of the players dont have magic stone store heros.
    do a few videos of you using normal farm able heros and beating other team ( cookie cutter team)
    while picking your team: do a commentary of the enemy team set up, why are you picking your team to counter that set up, one hero at a time.
    do a few video trials , outlands..
    do some videos on individual heros, strength, weakness
    do some videos of up coming patches, what heroes are coming, what are the changes
    -what items to buy what items to farm
    -hero to lvl when you are max lvl.

checked out your youtube
    like what i see, but it's mostly trials and outlands.
    what i don't see is an important video about you, what sever, how long you been playing, what are your heros, what are you qualifications of you teaching other people to play the game ( sounds mean but its a good question) you have to start establish credibility first if you want to people to come back and watch more.
    -what is your rank in arena and GA
    -get personal, this way you have a connection with your fan base.
    -get the weird sound out, video sound choppy.
    -try a commentary?

my 2 cents

Thanks a lot for your advices so far! I'll put all your notes on a list and will work something out

@Shaogunz Yes you're right, most of the videos are short guide for PvE Content atm, but this will change in the future. I got a few nice ideas so far.

@Gray Death Yup, you're right. The composition page is a huge one and keeps me pretty busy atm, but I hope this project will grow even more, because it has lots of potential!

keep at it. you could make ok money if you get it up and going but don't know how long the game will last.

Hopefully long, because it's really nice

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 BadFerret's Avatar
    the acronym part is very important for this forum...finally some1 did this

To your videos... is it that I'm at work or are the videos always laggy?

Sooner or later you have to make commentaries and information videos (but please have higher standarts than the other dude that was making videos)
    for the watch!

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Obvious cash grab is obvious.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    I beat robot 5 with the 2nd team at level 87 after psychopath full geared ornage

@BadFerret They shouldn't be laggy at all, but I'll check it. Regarding the commentary, you probably watched the videos for the webpage, they have none. My videos (OC in the thumbnail) are all commmented What do you mean by higher standards?

@m0rtre3d Sorry dude, could you explain that a bit further?

@tonyvuknome Which team? Do you think of a team on the webpage or in a video?

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 BadFerret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d3xter View Post
    @BadFerret They shouldn't be laggy at all, but I'll check it. Regarding the commentary, you probably watched the videos for the webpage, they have none. My videos (OC in the thumbnail) are all commmented What do you mean by higher standards?
    If I rewatched the video it seems, that the problem seems to be the internet connection here at work.

I justed checked the first video of your youtube channel...some trials or so. Now I found some commentary. You're german, right?

Let's take the NA video you made. (And I want to say clear, that I don't want to make you feel bad or flame your videos, but as a person that has high expectations of a youtuber, this is my view)

With higher standarts I mean making clean sharp videos. Best example would be Xbox Ahoy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkRjszsberM).
    You made a Video about the Ninja Assasin, but the only time we could see him was 1 minute (out of 6) at the end in a low campaign level.
    What I would have liked as a Ninja Assasin Profile Video:

• the whole time ninja assasin in action
    • all the parts he is usefull or not and why (with matching video in the back like Raids, PvP, etc.)
    • informations on screen (like the video I linked up there)
    • watching you out the equipment on the char is wasted time. While a random fight you could put the key parts of the equipment on screen
    • you also went through the skills just reading them. You could have cut out parts of fights where he does this skills and put a short description on screen with info's like range, phy, holy or magic attack, when it's usefull to use, what could go wrong (for OC that would be casting US in wrong direction bc of AS etc.) and how the stats are, like 500 base damage + 20 Dmage * Skilllevel
    • giving some ideas with which team you would pair them to shine (this would fit to the where he is usefull part)

I know this is heavy and I think you did not want to make a in depth analysation of the NA with that video, but I wrote just everything that came in my mind.

(And for the guys who will tell me to do a video if I know "so much": believe me, I tried, but I'm crap at using Video Editors, I don't like to hear my voice and after finishing the video it was at a minimum standart I didn't like to watch it myself)
    for the watch!

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Quote Originally Posted by d3xter View Post

@m0rtre3d Sorry dude, could you explain that a bit further?

@tonyvuknome Which team? Do you think of a team on the webpage or in a video?
    PO psycho chaplain disease bringer silencer for robot 5

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Zäschi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyvuknome View Post
    PO psycho chaplain disease bringer silencer for robot 5
    Is it a valid comp for Difficulty 5 that can succeed?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    It would be cool to spot light heroes, and talk about what they are good at while showing example gameplay. Especially true for lesser used heroes. Let's see a Master Mage video showing her vs Northern Dragon, and in arena vs. a variety of all physical teams. Get people excited about the ways to use Ferryman!