Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: possible problems of the future - finding solutions

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 BadFerret's Avatar

possible problems of the future - finding solutions

I know we can't see what the future will bring, but in the last few days I was thinking about HC, what changed and what possibly will change.

Issue #1: Too many heroes

That's especially a problem for people like me who want to have every hero (5 stars). This came to my mind when I was thinking about how to get CW and FD to 5 stars. I got CW through the VIP because I really liked his look. Now I am close to having him 5 stars. Fallen Dominion - I did not take from VIP - I don't even own. So there are like 60 SS left till CW is 5 stars. Then I need another 330 FD SS (250 if I get him from crusade the next days, but lets stick with 330). That's 390 SS I need to get.
    I am a average player at GA Rank 300-500 which gives me about 31 points a hour, which is ~750 points a day. So I get 7,5 SS/day. This means it will take me another 52 days till CW & FD are 5 stars. But in 7 days there will be another two heroes in the GA shop (as we all expect). And that's where I started thinking: A average low-VIP player needs ~40 days to produce 330 SS (equals one 5 star hero) from GA, but every 30 days there are 2 new heroes. Of corse you don't need every VIP-Hero, but one every month seems to be needed. (BTW don't tell me "you don't have to get them" if you use FD and CW by yourself, because if a hero is the best at something you can't miss him).
    Arena shop is even harder than this.

That's why I hope that at the 1st march the 3 heroes that will be available at shops will go to crusade and guild shop and not to GA or arena.

I know that's the whining I'm always mad at if some1 else does it, but think about new players. You are L60 and get told you need DM, CW, FD and maybe you should also do IH. That's like 40 days making, getting them all to 3 stars or up to 160 days for 5 stars. And I'm not talking about future heroes they may "need".

Issue #2: Too many servers for woo low players

I understand that it is a good trick to get quick money if you offer players the chance to battle for the first playe every few days, but over a long range the servers get empty. I recognize this most, when I'm trying to manage my guild activity points. We are barely able to farm them, because every second player of our guild quit. And what I hear from other guilds it's the same. I think to merge guilds would not be the right way because then theres a lack of competition. At least that's what keeps the game entertaining for me. Being better than the other big german guild on my server. Sooner or later you have to merge servers.
    And that's why you brought this "awesome" feature to get to another server (by paying of corse), but that won't be enough.

Sooner or later the game will die. We all know that and nobody can stop it, but we can keep this day away, by making the right decisions and not trying to get as much money out of the game as long as we can.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I would like to here what you think.
    for the watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyy View Post
    i hold grand arena rank #2 24/7 without CW and fallen
    people on my server dont even attack me anymore because they rarely see my 3rd team................

you dont need all heroes to do well in grand arena
    I know and I'm not talking about doing only good in the grand arena.
    for the watch!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    I've gotten to the point where I have enough heroes. I'm level 81 and I'm just going to focus on the ones I have. It's plenty enough for caves and GA. I don't have FD and don't plan on getting him. Sure he's good for Arena, but who cares, I have enough other heroes to play with, and I don't play to get to #1 on my server. I think you get to a point where you have too many heroes and you are at a high enough level that it doesn't make sense on getting the newest and greatest hero every month. There comes a point where you say enough is enough.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Issue #1 is hardly an issue IMO, having difficult goals are what gives the game the needed longevity. But #2 is real and I feel it too even on relatively new servers S6Xs. At the moment migration is not online and whether the desired effects of revitalizing old servers will materialize is yet to be seen. All I can say is that I'm glad Ucool has not gone down the path of server mergers as some other games do. It's great monetization and easy solution for game and server longevity but it hurts the players way too much (notwithstanding the barrage of refund requests that will come their way if such a feature goes live).

Out of curiosity I went to take a peek at S1 and the top guild activity points stands at I think 30K? I'm not sure how the game is still even playable for them, but Ucool does have to come up with a quick solution if they want to continue milking this game.

#1 I think we all want 5* heroes full geared etc. but that for high vip (they had to have an advantage after all). You can t rule everything in the game I think (unless you are a big spender). Let s use you example with CW and FD. If you want to be the best in arena you go for FD. If you want to clear outland portal trials bigger dmg in raids etc. you go for CW. Everyone chooses his own way but only big spenders will have it all. The rest will always try to get them all but never going to have them all. With 3 new heroes every month it s kinda hard. Oh and about new players. I don t think I would play this game if I were new. I m a free player though. It s seems impossible to compete on a new server with so many heroes and stay non-vip.

#2 The old servers are already pretty dead. I play on server 14 I m lvl 87 non-vip and I can reach 60-70 in arena and grand arena with some luck even top 50. That you ll never see on other servers like 40-50 maybe 30. A lot of players quit when they were 80 for a month and nothing new to do. Now there are a lot of new features that make you wanna play this game. But some day like you said this game will die. But I don t think it s soon maybe after a year or so.
    Sorry for my bad english.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by BadFerret View Post
    I know that's the whining I'm always mad at if some1 else does it, but think about new players. You are L60 and get told you need DM, CW, FD and maybe you should also do IH. That's like 40 days making, getting them all to 3 stars or up to 160 days for 5 stars. And I'm not talking about future heroes they may "need".
    what is the difference between this and being told that you NEED OC and Panda and maybe DK and PO when you hit the level for arena (cant remember what it is) and can only make like 200 coins a day because your rank is 1xxx

Or being told that you NEED both Luna (short term) and AS (long term) and also maybe Tusked Storm?

its all about choosing really. Some people are fine with getting all Gareana heroes to 3* then 4* then 5* while some will insist on working on one hero till its 5* (like myself)

Quote Originally Posted by AyameNoop View Post
    what is the difference between this and being told that you NEED OC and Panda and maybe DK and PO when you hit the level for arena (cant remember what it is) and can only make like 200 coins a day because your rank is 1xxx

Or being told that you NEED both Luna (short term) and AS (long term) and also maybe Tusked Storm?

its all about choosing really. Some people are fine with getting all Gareana heroes to 3* then 4* then 5* while some will insist on working on one hero till its 5* (like myself)
    I know, but the thing I was thinking about is in the future. Let's give this topic 3,4,5 or even 6 month. There will be another 9,14,15,18 heroes to farm. If a player is new. There will be way to many heroes that are shit, because ucool will bring better ones every month
    for the watch!

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 d3xter's Avatar
    Regaring Issue #1

I think they just try to catch up to the chinese version, so there will be months were only 1-2 heroes will be implemented or even no new hero. As for the shops, it'll be like in the past, that they will take some old heroes out of it and put in some new ones. And for your concerns about new players, well it's a long term game from the beginning, you just have to dig your way to the top, day by day.

Regarding Issue #2

There will be server fusions if the percentage of inactive players reach a certain point. but let's hope it's the other way around and they are forced to get some new ones

if your a low vip player there is no way to collect all the heros let alone getting them all to 5 stars.
    we are behind the chinese version for 2 months.
    soon legendry( orange ) +1 will come out. its ez to max out 10- 15 orange heros, but after orange+1 your be lucky to have 10 heros. and so on so on....
    i enjoy the game, play while its still fun, i play too many games that i spend $500 and just to delete it or move on to another game after few months.

on the side note: after the next patch we will be getting these heros soon :just to tease you :P
    envoker(backline mage),
    Dragon Knight
    Legion Commander
    Techies ( must get kills NA and AS as soon as they jump )
    Sven

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I love the amount of heroes and that they bring 3 new ones out every month. I would have stopped playin long ago if they didn't.

The server issue Could become a problem if migrate doesn't solve the issue. Migrate should make at least certain old servers more active.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaogunz View Post
    if your a low vip player there is no way to collect all the heros let alone getting them all to 5 stars.
    we are behind the chinese version for 2 months.
    soon legendry( orange ) +1 will come out. its ez to max out 10- 15 orange heros, but after orange+1 your be lucky to have 10 heros. and so on so on....
    i enjoy the game, play while its still fun, i play too many games that i spend $500 and just to delete it or move on to another game after few months.

on the side note: after the next patch we will be getting these heros soon :just to tease you :P
    envoker(backline mage),
    Dragon Knight
    Legion Commander
    Techies ( must get kills NA and AS as soon as they jump )
    Sven
    Invoker or Envoker ? E key and I key have a lot distance in keyboards

I know, but the thing I was thinking about is in the future. Let's give this topic 3,4,5 or even 6 month. There will be another 9,14,15,18 heroes to farm. If a player is new. There will be way to many heroes that are shit, because ucool will bring better ones every month
    No hero is shit.. You just need to find a good team for them..

#1 your concern about too many heroes just doesnt make sense.. It gives a new player options to choose their team and thats great so we will see more combination and not just cookie cutter team.. 5* heroes yeah we all want that but ucool has their reason to release new heroes every month.. Their try to make a balance in everything.. Let say you got all heroes 5* then what? Next issue will be about gear and so on.. I think ucool already make a good move in this issue..

Quote Originally Posted by _windz_ View Post
    No hero is shit.. You just need to find a good team for them..

#1 your concern about too many heroes just doesnt make sense.. It gives a new player options to choose their team and thats great so we will see more combination and not just cookie cutter team.. 5* heroes yeah we all want that but ucool has their reason to release new heroes every month.. Their try to make a balance in everything.. Let say you got all heroes 5* then what? Next issue will be about gear and so on.. I think ucool already make a good move in this issue..
    Of corse every hero can shine. But if there are 4 heroes for a special aspect in this game (example magic burst damage) you will take the best (or maybe the 2 best) for that part of the game.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I'm a month late. I'm running behind the "newest" heroes, but when I finaly have them, there are 4 new heroes that you should have, if you want to do best in every aspect of the game.

(hope you understand what I mean)
    for the watch!

Of corse every hero can shine. But if there are 4 heroes for a special aspect in this game (example magic burst damage) you will take the best (or maybe the 2 best) for that part of the game.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I'm a month late. I'm running behind the "newest" heroes, but when I finaly have them, there are 4 new heroes that you should have, if you want to do best in every aspect of the game.

(hope you understand what I mean)
    Hahaha.. I got that thought too maybe a month ago.. When ninja asasin introduced i barely got my fd and want to get cw but next month hiden is out and maybe useful for lesbian but disease also good for hard crusade and portal yeah i knew that thought..
    I'm sure you can try what you like after 85+.. Lot money and exp to spend you can try to max them all to 5 star..

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Servers becoming dead is an issue. I was rank 1xxx when i started playing and now im top 100 everyday.

There are a lot of heroes but it's manageable. I have 4* machinist silencer and DV...all from farming. You just have to plan ahead.