Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Charge FAQ

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8

Heroes Charge FAQ

Since Heine got himself banned and I got some free time I thought I will take over the project. Credits goes to him for writing the first draft of this.

If anyone wants additions/changes to the FAQ, please post here and I'll add it in.

Lastly, if anyone thinks they can do a better job: They are welcome to take over.

I'm interested to learn about XX hero. Where do I go?
    Heroes charge actually has a Wiki!.

I got this huge bunch of heroes and I don't know how to make a good team. Help!
    Read this, this, then lastly this.

I want to know what is the difference in stats for X hero at Purple +1 and Purple +2. Where do I go?
    A: You can try this guide

Grr I can't beat this Outland Portal Boss
    Try here

I can't beat this Trial no matter what I do!
    Trial levels 1-4 are generally quite easy. So if you are having trouble just be patient and upgrade your heroes. Help for Trials 5 and 6 can be found here

When I look at a hero profile I see he is front/mid/back, what does that mean?
    It is the position of the hero, every hero have his role in ur team.
    Front hero will usually be the tank, his job is to absorb dmg and keep ur team alive
    Mid and back heroes are either dmg dealers or crowd control heroes and their job is to kill the enemy heroes.

What are the most important heroes I should prioritize farming?
    Elite Stages- War Chief, Vengeance Spirit, Shadow Leaf, Chaplain (up to 4* Max). Start farming Soul Stones for Depth's Voice and Silencer when you have at least 4* for these heroes.
    Crusade- Commando then Frost Mage and Mystic
    Guild- Luna Guardian (if you get her from a chest), Arcane Sapper, Disease Bringer, Ninja Assassin
    Arena- Old Curse, Death Knight (if you get him from a Chest), Drunken Master
    Grand Arena- Death Mage, then either Iron Hoof, Fallen Dominion, Ember Blade or Cloud Walker depending on your needs.

You can also try reading this and this, and mist importantly, THIS.

What is a Cookie Cutter Team?
    A cookie cutter team is a standard team that people use because it is both effective and cost effective. But generally perceived as boring, unoriginal and cliched. Generally there are 2 cookie cutter teams, they are:

Physical
    Shadowleaf, Luna Guardian, Commando, Vengeance Spirit and either Drunken Master or Warchief

Magic
    Mystic/Frost Mage/Death Mage/Old Curse and either Iron Hoof/Warchief/Vanguard Warrior

VW/EB(level 80+ only)
    Vanguard Warrior/Ember Blade/Silencer + any 2 of the following: Machinist/Fallen Dominion/Phoenix/Frost Mage/Old Curse

Should I lvl up all my heroes?
    No, you should focus your core heroes. Once your core heroes are fully leveled and equipped then you can start working on other heroes.

How do I get Soul Coins?
    You need a hero that is 5* and with excess Soul Stones for that hero. Go to your inventory and press on the soulstone and you will get an option to exchange it at the rate of 1 SS to 100 Soul Coins.

CAUTION: Ensure that it is really displayed that you are exchanging the SS for Soul Coins! If it displays that you are trading it for gold STOP and check that you are doing it right.

What the heck are all those funny labels people add to their heroes?
    Because everyone's heroes are upgraded and levelled differently, usually people will add some tags to describe their heroes, they are:
    X* : Describes the number of stars their hero has
    Either G/B/P/O and a number behind it, sometimes with a + sign: The promotion level of the hero; so for example a P4 or P+4 hero means that the hero is Purple + 4 promotion.
    Something that looks like a fraction that is always /6: The number of gears equipped; at higher promotions the gears are rarer and so people will have bit and pieces missing here and there. Basically a 6/6 hero has all 6 gears equipped and a 5/6 hero is missing one piece of gear (usually the writer will state what it is).
    Max Enchant(ed): All the hero's currently equipped gears and enchanted to the fullest

How many stars will a hero have when I summon it?
    It depends on how many SS is needed to summon the hero:
    1 star- 10 ss
    2 star- 30 ss
    3 star- 80 ss

How many Soul Stones do I need to evolve a hero?
    1* to 2* -> 20 SS and 35K Gold
    2* to 3* -> 50 SS and 120K Gold
    3* to 4* -> 100 SS and 300K Gold
    4* to 5* -> 150 SS and 800k Gold

What heroes can I get from chests?
    Read this

I heard that the first free gold chest got a 100% chance to give u a 3 star hero, is it true?
    Yes

How do stars effect heroes?
    Stars increase a hero's stats. So a hero with 3* will have more Strength/Agility/Intelligence than a hero with 1* at the same level. Evolving is retroactive, so there is no difference between a hero that is levelled then evolved and a hero that is evolved to 5* before levelling

How do stats effect heroes?
    Main stat is the main attribute of your hero (Strength/Agility/Intelligence)

HP = Strength * 18
    Physical Attack Damage = (Main stat+Agility) * 0.4
    Magic Attack Damage (Magic Power?) = Intelligence * 2.4
    Physical Def (Armour?) = Strength/7 + Agility/14
    Magic Def = Intelligence /10
    Critical Rate = Agility/2.5

OR

1 Strength = 18 hp and 0.14 phy def
    1 Agility = 0.4 phy atk, 0.07 phy def and 0.4 critical rate
    1 Intelligence = 2.4 magic dmg and 0.1 magic resistance

Hp regen, energy regen, Magic critical rate is not related to any stat, you can only gain this from ur equipment.

Magic and phy critical dmg is = 200%
    Taken from here
    I remember there's a newer thread discussing this, if someone can give me the link I'll update this one

What is Promoting?
    Promoting increases a hero's stats by absorbing the stats provided by currently equipped items into the hero's base stats, as a hero increases in rank they will also unlock new skills at every tier (blue, green, purple) that they reach

What is magic stone chest and where is it?
    Magic stone chest is something only vip 11 and higher get

How much money it costs to get to vip 11?
    About 500$ (not sure about that one)

Those new Magic Stone heroes are amazing! But I'm F2P so does that mean I can't ever get them?
    The vip 11 heroes are exclusive about 2 months and then their Soul Stones are added to shops (crusade/arena/g.arena/guild)

Should I buy gems for the vip? If so how many?
    Its up to u to decide, vip is very helpful if u can effort it, if u don’t want to spend a lot of money on the game getting to vip 4 will be enough, it will save a lot of time because u get some raid tickets every day(more then enough) and the raidx10 feature. Best value deal is the monthly card (2 monthly cards will get u to vip 4)

I'm F2P and proud of it! Where do I get gems
    When you're F2P your gems will mainly come from:
    Arena Rank (9pm local time daily)
    Booty Cave (Digging and Raiding)
    Sign in Reward
    Occasional Quest completion rewards

What should I do with my gems
    If you bought a lot of gems and plan to keep buying them, u should open 10 or maybe 20 gold chests at the start and then use the rest to buy stamina and reset elites
    If u don’t plan to buy a lot of gems skip the gold chests and use them only for stamina and elite resets.
    At higher levels, gems can also be used to buy gears from Godfather and Goblin Merchant.

I have too much Gold! What do I do with it.
    Generally the best way to get rid of excess gold is to spend it all on 10x Bronze Chest openings. Do try to keep about 5 to 7 million on hand so you have enough to upgrade skills/enchant/promote/hire mercenaries.

What gears should I buy?
    You should only buy gears for Gems/Arena Coins/Grand Arena Coins/Guild Coins, once you are past level 51 as most low level gears are really easy to obtain.

Generally you should consider to buy gears only when you are past level 70 and only gears/reels from the following list, but of course, only if you see yourself needing them. They are:

Bag of Holding
    Moonglow
    Kreln Horn
    Yew Bolt Thrower
    Gullak Aertahn
    Staff of Rawlis
    Rough Hewn Axe
    Titan's Axe
    Wizard's Hat
    Silver Lance
    *Generally if you are level 85+ its worth considering buying most of the P4 and above purple and/or orange gears as they are very costly to farm

How do I beat Crusade?
    Read the in game hints first.
    If you are below level 78: The core heroes of your team will be Death Knight and Chaplain with your 3 best DPS heroes. Rent Death Knight from your guild if you don't have him and rotate your DPS heroes so you have as many fully charged heroes as possible. Disease Bringer helps if you can get him but he is not a must. Don't forget to retreat if needed!

If you are level 78 and above: Your core heroes will be Death Mage, Frost Mage and Chaplain. Mystic is good to use and can be number 4 but he is not a must. The last spot is usually given to your best DPS magic hero, usually Old Curse, but Machinist/Succubus and Windmaster can also work.

How do I get Hard Crusade?
    You need to clear normal Crusade first if you have not done so AFTER the 1.8 patch, then when you reset Crusade you will be able to choose between Normal and Hard

Whats the difference between Hard Crusade and Normal Crusade?
    Your heroes do not regenerate energy or health at the end of rounds for Hard Crusade, the tradeoff is you get double the usual amount and type of loot for every stage you clear. Your opponents should be the same as what you usually get for Normal Crusade

Alternatively you can visit here if you are level 73 and above and here if you are level 45 and below. Hard Crusade tips here

How do I hire a hero from my guild?
    When entering a fight u will see tabs at the right side of the hero select screen, there is a mercenary tab, enter it and chose any hero

You can hire a Mercenary for the following:
    1 Crusade (All 15 stages, if your hero can live that long)
    1 Booty Cave Fight (for attacking one single cave, regardless of how many defenders there are)
    1 Raid,
    1 Campaign (all 3 stages, but you will never get 3* as long as you use Mercenaries)
    1 Trial
    1 Time Rift

Why are there unavailable heroes in the mercenary camp?
    You can only hire heroes at your team lvl or lower lvl, and you can use every hero once, and one hero per fight. You can also only hire one hero from each guildmate once per day. So if you hire my Machinist for a Booty Cave fight, you can't use any of my other heroes in any other areas.

WTF? I used a guildmate's hero to complete Crusade 15/15 yesterday and the hero didn't die. But today I wanted to rent the same hero for something else and I noticed that he's dead.
    Reset Crusade and your problem will be solved

What is Enchanting?
    You can enchant items to boost the stat they give. In order to enchant u need to “sacrifice” items to meet the requirement of that specific item.

I want to promote one of my heroes, should I enchant him first?
    A:NO! when u promote the basic stats of the items will stack with the stats of your hero but the bonus from enchantment will disappear, you will get some enchanting materials back but not as much as u spent, so its just a waste of gold and items.

Should I enchant all the gears on all my heroes to max?
    Before Purple +1, the answer is a firm NO! as your hero will promote relatively quickly. After Purple +1 there is a bigger gap in between promotions so enchant only then, and as always, core heroes get priority. The only exception is if you want to keep a hero at a certain promotion only then you can enchant all the gears.

What items should I use for enchantment?
    Assuming you followed the advice given above you should use the following in order of most to least priority

All White gears and reels (keep 20 of each)
    All green gears and reels (keep 20 of each)
    All Blue gears and reels (keep 20 of each)

Try not to enchant away purple and higher level items, unless you are very high level and know what you are doing.

How do I get guild coins?
    You get:
    240 guild coins for participating in at least 2 guild raids a day.
    50 coins for each group of enemies you clear in Ancient Temple, up to a maximum of 5 times per day
    You also get coins when your guild completes a Raid Chapter, how many is dependent on your rank and how quickly your guild clears the Chapter

What is Ancient Temple and how do I get and complete it?
    AT appears randomly while Raiding/Farming Normal or Elite Mode. There are 3 teams to beat with a time limit of 8 hours and you can invite up to 5 guildmates. Everybody can only attack once and you cannot cancel invites.

Help! I try to help out in an Ancient Temple and it says that "The Ancient Temple has disappeared"
    That means that other guiildmates were there first

In the best case scenario, you and 2 other guildmates clear all 3 caves in 3 attacks; though its probably best to let 3 guildmates clear so as to maximize the amount of guild coins given out. You then get 3 chests with some fragments.

When can I start doing guild raids?
    A:You need to be in a guild, and also have the normal level stage of the raid level unlocked. For example if my guildmates are doing Raid Chapter 8 but I haven't completed Chapter 7 in Campaign, I can't join the raid

I barely do enough damage in Raids, what do?
    Read this

How does grand arena work?
    G.arena is a 3 team fight, u need 2 wins to get the victory. The most common tactic is to use 2 strong team and to attack the opponent’s 2 weakest teams, that’s because it is hard to keep 15 heroes maxed before lvl 80+

What are the rewards for each rank in Arena?
    Arena rank rewards is rewarded at 9pm local time daily and you'll be rewarded based on the higher rank between your Arena and Grand Arena Rank. So if your arena rank is 700 and your Grand Arena Rank is 170 you'll get the rewards for 101-200 rank

11-20: 250 Gems, 50k Gold, 595 AC, 8 Exp Salve, 3 x Void Dust.
    21-30: 200 Gems, 45k Gold, 575 AC, 7 Exp Salve, 2 x Void Dust.
    31-40: 150 Gems, 40k Gold, 560 AC, 6 Exp Salve, 2 x Void Dust.
    41-50: 130 Gems, 35K Gold, 545 AC, 5 Exp Salve, 2 x Void Dust.
    51-70: 110 Gems, 30K Gold, 530 AC, 4 Exp Salve, 1 Void Dust
    71-100: 100 Gems, 27.5k Gold, 515 AC, 3 Exp Salve, 1 Void Dust
    101-200: 90 Gems, 25k Gold, 500 AC, 2 Exp Salve, 1 Void Dust
    201-300: 80 Gems, 22.5k Gold, 450 AC, 8 Exp Potion, 1 Void Dust
    301-400: 70 Gems, 20k Gold, 425 AC, 7 Exp Potion
    401-500: 60 Gems, 18k Gold, 400 AC, 6 Exp Potion
    This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it!

What are the rate of coins for each rank in Grand Arena?
    Rates are in coins/hr
    #1: 50
    #2: 48
    #3: 46
    #4: 44
    #5: 42
    #6: 40
    #7: 38
    #8: 37
    #9: 36
    #10: 35
    #11-#200: 34
    #201-#300: 33
    #301-#400: 32
    #401-#500: 31
    #501-#700: 30
    #701-#1000: 29
    #3001-#4000: 26
    #4001-#5000: 23

What is the dig rate for Booty caves?
    The rate is determined by the total team power of the heroes used to defend a particular cave.

XP Pots (Formula = Team power divided by by 8000, round down and add 1)
    Team Power XP/HR
    0-7,999 1/HR
    8,000-15,999 2/HR
    16,000-23,999 3/HR
    24,000-31,999 4/HR
    32,000-39,999 5/HR
    40,000-47,999 6/HR
    48,000-55,999* 7/HR
    Source

I just got arcane sapper and everybody in the top arena is using him, should I also use him?
    Sapper is nice only after lvl 73 and really strong only after 78, if u are lower u shouldn’t use him.

Banned Contributor Level 6

Soulstone needed to make 5 star hero

Total 300++ soulstone to summon 5 star hero

1 star 10 ss
    2 star 30 ss
    3 star 80 ss
    4 star 180 ss
    5 star 330 ss

ss to evolve

To
    2 star 20ss
    3 star 50ss
    4 star 100ss
    5 star 150ss and 800k coins
    Last edited by crazypary; 02-17-2015 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Edited and fixed

Quote Originally Posted by crazypary View Post
    Total 300++ soulstone to summon 5 star hero if i not mistaken

1 star 10 ss
    2 star 30 ss
    3 star 80 ss
    4 star 180 ss
    5 star 330 ss

correct this if i wrong
    just read somewhere in this section
    you don't actually summon a 5* hero, you get a 1-3* hero then upgrade them. But ok worth putting in

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Thanks for the post!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypary View Post
    Total 300++ soulstone to summon 5 star hero if i not mistaken

1 star 10 ss
    2 star 30 ss
    3 star 80 ss
    4 star 180 ss
    5 star 330 ss

correct this if i wrong
    just read somewhere in this section
    Never heard of summoning 4 and 5 stars

Guild raid

Raid chapter 7 less than 7 days bonus 160 guild coin

Landing a last hit additional 30 coin

Thanks for the post.

Just a quick question, how can you know your server? I was just clicking enter and was not able to notice the server number
    Lets Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Jansati View Post
    Thanks for the post.

Just a quick question, how can you know your server? I was just clicking enter and was not able to notice the server number
    click on the picture of your team top left corner, option, switch server.
    It will be shown

Thnk You! It help alot
    Lets Rock!

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Hi.. I want to ask.. How guild's rank is count? And what the advantage we can get in guild rank? Is there a reward or something? Thx

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Guild rank is by activity points which is from stamina consuming if you consume 600 stamina (max)

to get 600 you need to do 180 from daily free stamina 240 from stamina in 24 Hours 60 from 2 admiration and 1 stamina purchase 120.

Of course if you guild is inactive you suffer too if you can do 600/600 a day PM the guild leaders of a top guild they would welcome you if your high enough level

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Ow ic.. Its just count based on stamina contribution. Member's raid, arena, team level or anything else doesn't effected the guild rank?

But.. Any reward for 1st guild rank?