Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Friendly Advice] Do not use Ice Staff to enchant

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 Jack McHawk's Avatar

[Friendly Advice] Do not use Ice Staff to enchant

When I was lower levels. Very few heroes required Ice Staff and I have a ton of that stuff. So i thought why not i use it to enchant, it is so easy to get, trails drop 6-10 pieces of ice staff everytime. I'll craft it and use it to enchant for 80 enchant points, I thought to myself, "so easy to get and 80 points! wow"

After uCool rolled out the lvl 90 update, every hero past lvl 80 requires the All Around shoes which needs an Ice Staff for one shoe. And the lvl5 & 6 trails only drop 3-4 pieces of Ice staff unlike the lower levels. Now I have a shortage of Ice Staffs.

Mannnn how I wish I didnt do that. Yeah, so people, if you wanna use Ice Staffs to enchant, dont

Edit: And before equipping Bloody Eye on a hero or any gears with bloody eye as a component Ball Lightning/Stainless Axe/Sol'sketh/Shazad'amok/Dragon's Scale. Think that does this hero need this piece of gear immediately? or does equipping it right now makes a significant difference? (Especially on not on of your main heroes)
    Because if you spend it too much on your B-team heroes. Your main heroes is gonna have a problem with gears that need Bloody Eye. Same for Demon Edge
    Server 24 - Ice Mage

"The answer is there is no counter for FD, he is the perfect killing machine. I once saw a FD take on 5 grizzly bears and 3 honey badgers at the same time without even breaking a sweat. FD can eat more spicy hot wings than any man alive. One time FD won a break dancing contest that he wasn't even competing in, he grabbed all the judge's girlfriends and moonwalked out of there like a boss." - Miserymachine

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Yes never use any purple item to enchant what so ever. Always use grey and maybe blue and even then pay attention to what is needed.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Se7en Strife's Avatar
    What about stuff like emerald fork reel and pipe reel etc?

Are they still required?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Heathen's Avatar
    I'll save you a little more heartache, also never use Staff of Wizardy or Mark of corvus to enchant either

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Emerald Fork is craft material for the orange item Dark Moon Amulet.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Really I would say hit the shirt looking button next to the evolve and it will show you what is required for your heroes later on and also show the recipes so if you really want to get down to it you could plan all your guys out in advance and know what they will need and what you can sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    I'll save you a little more heartache, also never use Staff of Wizardy or Mark of corvus to enchant either
    Another blue items/fragments I suggest do not use for enchanting:
    Chest Plate
    Jachins Ruby Reel
    Hazadar Boots Reel

Yup ya'll new players have a advantage over us, back then we don't have the shirt icon and we don't have a clue of what we need when we level up.

And I dont even know there is a chinese version that has level 90. So i thought, "oh ice staff is pretty useless"
    Server 24 - Ice Mage

"The answer is there is no counter for FD, he is the perfect killing machine. I once saw a FD take on 5 grizzly bears and 3 honey badgers at the same time without even breaking a sweat. FD can eat more spicy hot wings than any man alive. One time FD won a break dancing contest that he wasn't even competing in, he grabbed all the judge's girlfriends and moonwalked out of there like a boss." - Miserymachine

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Nice helpful post

I usually keep to some general rules when enchanting
    Never enchant with purple items/frags
    Never enchant with white/blue items with quantity below 50, and frags below 200

We never know what next/new promotions bring, there is already orange+1/+2 in the other version and we can't see what items are needed here yet.
    Better keep some of everything just to be safe.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    I check again in both of my accounts and Ice Staff is not an issue since I never use purple fragments to enchant gears. However for low purple gears, I have an issue with Bloody Eyes, I happen to spend them all.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    i have no issue on Ice Staff or Demon Edge , but Bloody Eye is

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Heathen's Avatar
    I need SO many demon edge. Pretty much every hero wears All Around Shoes = 1 demon edge each

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    I need SO many demon edge. Pretty much every hero wears All Around Shoes = 1 demon edge each
    Yeah same here, although i didnt use them to enchant or whatsoever. But i just dont seem to have collected enough over the time
    Server 24 - Ice Mage

Every hero wears All Around Shoes two times (purple+4 and orange).
    All Around Shoes = Hazadar Boots + Demon Edge + Corgieran Glaive + Ice Staff.
    So 15 heroes needs 600 frags of each purple item.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Demon edge and ice staff is the death of me. Every time I'm close to promote a hero I notice I'm short on own or the other.