Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is panda still a must-have? (End-Game view)

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 DelhiWalkers's Avatar
    The more I read, the more confused I get here :P

I have my panda 76lvl 3*, geared 5/6 from P2, all enchanted to 3* so far. (almost 4*)
    I also have WC 79lvl 4*, geared also 5/6 from P2, also 3* items so far. (75/150 to 5*)

Panda 3* has more power than WC 4*, even 3lvls lower. Wanted to finish my panda to 4* and leave him as second tank in GA, but now I'm concerned whether I shouldn't put panda in my main team and max him to 5*. Main so far is Mystic/comm/VS/AS/WC.

With WC, AS gets very nice boost in lifesteal. That helps him survive. Mystic blinds enemies. Couldn't be better.

Would panda's blind be able to compensate skipping both mystic and WC in the terms of AS's survival ? I would gladly put CW in place of mystic if those changes would be viable. As for CW I guess he doesn't need lifesteal from WC since his clones absorb most of the dmg and he doesn't need to come heal that much, so panda would fit here. But since panda isn't 4* yet (almost there) I can't try out at full scale whether to choose panda or WC and who to contiune my travel to 90 with.
    Keep on walking.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by DelhiWalkers View Post
    The more I read, the more confused I get here :P

I have my panda 76lvl 3*, geared 5/6 from P2, all enchanted to 3* so far. (almost 4*)
    I also have WC 79lvl 4*, geared also 5/6 from P2, also 3* items so far. (75/150 to 5*)

Panda 3* has more power than WC 4*, even 3lvls lower. Wanted to finish my panda to 4* and leave him as second tank in GA, but now I'm concerned whether I shouldn't put panda in my main team and max him to 5*. Main so far is Mystic/comm/VS/AS/WC.

With WC, AS gets very nice boost in lifesteal. That helps him survive. Mystic blinds enemies. Couldn't be better.

Would panda's blind be able to compensate skipping both mystic and WC in the terms of AS's survival ? I would gladly put CW in place of mystic if those changes would be viable. As for CW I guess he doesn't need lifesteal from WC since his clones absorb most of the dmg and he doesn't need to come heal that much, so panda would fit here. But since panda isn't 4* yet (almost there) I can't try out at full scale whether to choose panda or WC and who to contiune my travel to 90 with.
    From my experience using a team consist of AS, VS, Leaf, & Com, Panda is the best choice among all tanks. Look carefully into those stats and you can see that WC life-steal doesn't help AS that much, especially when most of AS attacks missed.
    You may not need Mystic but then remember to plan your heroes' INT carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by sothasil View Post
    From my experience using a team consist of AS, VS, Leaf, & Com, Panda is the best choice among all tanks. Look carefully into those stats and you can see that WC life-steal doesn't help AS that much, especially when most of AS attacks missed.
    You may not need Mystic but then remember to plan your heroes' INT carefully.
    Thats what I needed. Still You put LS in place of mystic, wouldn't CW be better there ? Or maybe, if not "better", would it be viable ?
    I know LS has silence and nice aura, but CW is CW xD
    Keep on walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack McHawk View Post
    If you plan to VS in your main team then defintely don't make OC 5*, Go for 5* panda first. However if you plan to use OC in your main team, Go for 5* OC and use WC/IH as tank instead.

Its all about situation.
    I'm actually thinking about it but I'm not sure what team Is better.

Either 5* WC 5* AS 5* COM 5* Mystic 4* OC
    or
    4* Panda 5* AS 5* COM 4* VS 4* LS

If I go with the first one I'll farm OC from Arena. If I go with the second one I'll go with Panda from Arena.
    Which team is better? Also, are those still 'good' team formats at 90?

Quote Originally Posted by DelhiWalkers View Post
    Thats what I needed. Still You put LS in place of mystic, wouldn't CW be better there ? Or maybe, if not "better", would it be viable ?
    I know LS has silence and nice aura, but CW is CW xD
    CW is good. But I think he's kind of situational. Tried him a few times but his image can be easily destroyed by OC or VS. LS is more of a reliable choice in defending.
    Having CW in your team would not be a waste anyway so try it out yourself. Out of Arena he is awesome.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    The more I read this the more confused I become.

Panda seems like a good but not cost effective hero, both his gears and SS are costly compared to alternatives

My OC will be 5* tomorrow, and having moved past worshipping DK and seeing low value in PO, I'm still a little undecided on whether to get Panda

The main problem with the argument here is simple, instead of arguing whether Admiral/Psycho/WC/DV etc etc is better. The correct qn to ask is "If I got OC 5* and no Panda, what hero should I get with my arena coins if I don't get Panda"

After much thought, I'll just wait and see if the heroes will rotate in Mar and reevaluate; since if EB gets added to Arena shop I think he'll be more important to star up, even more so than Panda

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    i think panda will suck at lvl 90 due to his low hp pool, will be a good off tank but im not sure if the best

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by retripala View Post
    i think panda will suck at lvl 90 due to his low hp pool, will be a good off tank but im not sure if the best
    The most tanking str will be admiral, with her huge hp, but not supportive like wc and panda

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 Jack McHawk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavien View Post
    The most tanking str will be admiral, with her huge hp, but not supportive like wc and panda
    Yeah thats true. Beside considering just HP and damage. You gotta consider the team support. Panda has excellent support from his blind. WC boost whole team lifesteal by a whopping 27 at lvl 90.
    Server 24 - Ice Mage

"The answer is there is no counter for FD, he is the perfect killing machine. I once saw a FD take on 5 grizzly bears and 3 honey badgers at the same time without even breaking a sweat. FD can eat more spicy hot wings than any man alive. One time FD won a break dancing contest that he wasn't even competing in, he grabbed all the judge's girlfriends and moonwalked out of there like a boss." - Miserymachine

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    i liked panda over WC/IH whole game but he got little bit weak ~ 88 and admiral does better in some lineups. still one of my favourite heroes and he is awesome for alot raids too.
    But since last patch his Ultimate got buffed/bugfixxed and he is awesome again.
    [RvG] Alex - Server: 14, Depths Voice - Team Level: 92 - Guild: Revenge - Best Arena Rank: 1 - Vip 8

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSch- View Post
    i liked panda over WC/IH whole game but he got little bit weak ~ 88 and admiral does better in some lineups. still one of my favourite heroes and he is awesome for alot raids too.
    But since last patch his Ultimate got buffed/bugfixxed and he is awesome again.
    Yeah I really like him too.

BTW if anyone wonders, after reading all the comments, planning my future line-ups and deciding I will skip Admiral completely, I've decided to 5* Panda first, only afterwards I'll max OC.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    In summary: panda is worth it to 5 star up to lvl 90? Or 4 star is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by natycale View Post
    In summary: panda is worth it to 5 star up to lvl 90? Or 4 star is enough?
    4 stars is never enough, especially with tanks. Even though, soon, especially when people will complete Legendary Quests, people will no longer use sub-tanks as Panda and WC, but use Psycho, Admiral and IH instead.

Yet, I still decided to get full stars on Panda as I rather skip Admiral and I know it will take me alot of time to get Psycho's 5th, as I'm a low-spender and soon I won't have alot of time to spare everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmas View Post
    4 stars is never enough, especially with tanks. Even though, soon, especially when people will complete Legendary Quests, people will no longer use sub-tanks as Panda and WC, but use Psycho, Admiral and IH instead.

Yet, I still decided to get full stars on Panda as I rather skip Admiral and I know it will take me alot of time to get Psycho's 5th, as I'm a low-spender and soon I won't have alot of time to spare everyday.
    Just wait for some epic legendary skill for panda It is my personal hope, since after participating in few threads and after making some research I stick with panda as my main tank, and 5* is a must for me
    Keep on walking.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Miserymachine's Avatar
    Personally I am skipping panda...for now. He's just too whiffy, and i have enough tanks already. Plus he's a kung fu panda. /facepalm