Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is panda still a must-have? (End-Game view)

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by sothasil View Post
    I have a lv 87 PO and I find him pretty useless at both lv 13/14 raids. Sorry my guild don't play raid 11 or so anymore.
    Well he is really needed at flying and dot portal. Otherwise there is no way to beat difficulty 4. and outland on higher difficulty is super important in order to get geared... I never got him to drop. I got OC and Panda 5 star now and was able to summon PO a few days ago... I am super happy atm with him!

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tremain View Post
    Well he is really needed at flying and dot portal. Otherwise there is no way to beat difficulty 4. and outland on higher difficulty is super important in order to get geared... I never got him to drop. I got OC and Panda 5 star now and was able to summon PO a few days ago... I am super happy atm with him!
    How far have you geared him to let him do his work?
    I'm also speculating on getting him.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    So what would you say my first priority should be? Either get my OC to 5 stars or summon PO to perform better in portals/later raids. Is that really necessary to gear him for these? - As I've heard all that matters is his skills lvl for DoT and higher Armor Reduction...

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    PO is a nice hero... but not worth the arena coins to get him...
    nobody use him on raid 13, and i doubt he is any good in raid 14...
    he is great for portal, true, but so is OC

Quote Originally Posted by Karmas View Post
    So what would you say my first priority should be? Either get my OC to 5 stars or summon PO to perform better in portals/later raids. Is that really necessary to gear him for these? - As I've heard all that matters is his skills lvl for DoT and higher Armor Reduction...
    You'll need to gear him for higher lv flying portal but otherwise just skill lv is enough for DoT.
    He is useful for raids only if you didn't train savage one, and he is not as good as SO.
    Definitely a must have after you get oc/panda to enough stars in arena

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyy View Post
    but he is a must have for portal....in theory you could hire him from guild, but flying portal and dot portal lvl5 are still too difficult and take too many tries to pass...
    no argue there man...
    i just dont really think its worth to invest arena coins on him before u get old curse to 5 stars and maybe panda as well...

if he was in crusade or guild shop i wouldsay get him ASAP

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Should get PO ASAP after OC and Panda 5 star. He's mostly good in portal nowadays but he's so important that it's impossible to pass without. And you know how good are portal drops later on? 6 x 2 = 12 Silver Lance frags every 5 days could save you ~ 720 stamina farming it.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8 kenzoblu's Avatar
    Yes, PO is really important for Outland, especially the silver lance drops. PO helps a lot for many p+4 and orange gear. PO skills are more level-dependant than gear-dependant. Luckily I got a drop 2 weeks ago and can stop hiring him.

Panda is still very strong tank now, noting that in 5 weeks, still no team level 90s, no legendary (need to farm elite 3chances a day {assuming same as other version} for legendary gear frags, even longer time) tanks appear yet.

So you have to judge that

Which level are you at?
    How long will you get to 90?
    How long will you complete 1 legendary quest? (50)
    What other tanks do you have in replacement? (WC, or team composition that don't rely on panda etc)

Panda peaks at P+4, and really, P+3/4 usually last about 3-4 months(estimated) for a small vip player. Until a legendary admiral/pyscho is up and running, panda probably going to service you 5-6 months and still can be a force is GA later on.

So do you have an able replacement tank during this 4 months? Or you want to be slightly understrength during this 4 months, and get admiral/psycho faster then player that have the same stamina spending as you? Or just get VIP 15 and buy all the gears

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Bringing the discussion back to Panda and away from PO, I just turned level 72, and I'm sitting on 100 Panda SS. I already have 4 star WC and working on 4 star IH.

I'm torn between:
    1. Waiting for Panda lucky drop and then immediately 4-staring him and using him.
    2. Getting him now and start investing in him to maximize his usefulness.
    3. Skip him altogether and max out VW and/or Admiral...

Does anyone have any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Junki View Post
    Bringing the discussion back to Panda and away from PO, I just turned level 72, and I'm sitting on 100 Panda SS. I already have 4 star WC and working on 4 star IH.

I'm torn between:
    1. Waiting for Panda lucky drop and then immediately 4-staring him and using him.

no point in waiting for him to drop from chest...
    its either very very rare or impossible....
    i would say summon him now and max

Banned Contributor Level 6

I'm torn between:

Someone say he is available, someone say he is not available, the fact is that, at least here, no one ever posted a panda dropped from a gold chests. We don't know if it's a bug, if it's a strange deliberate choice, but this is the fact.
    I'd say unlock him and work on him since now

Okay guys so I maxed my Panda, currently both my 4* Panda and 5* WC are holding at P+2 full gear max enhact and I just bought a Gullak (P+3 item) and I was wondering who I should promote and focus on and who to hold. I'm not sure since Panda's US and Blind are very effective while WC fills tankier.

Another question comes again with Arena redeem. It's either I'll get Panda to 5*, and just making him into my top 5, till lvl 90 where I could use Psycho or maybe even IH instead, or make my OC 5* (It's 4* atm)

What are your opinions? - Ty very much

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmas View Post
    Okay guys so I maxed my Panda, currently both my 4* Panda and 5* WC are holding at P+2 full gear max enhact and I just bought a Gullak (P+3 item) and I was wondering who I should promote and focus on and who to hold. I'm not sure since Panda's US and Blind are very effective while WC fills tankier.

Another question comes again with Arena redeem. It's either I'll get Panda to 5*, and just making him into my top 5, till lvl 90 where I could use Psycho or maybe even IH instead, or make my OC 5* (It's 4* atm)

What are your opinions? - Ty very much
    Conventional wisdom on these forums seem to be that OC 5* takes priority over Panda 5*

Conventional wisdom on these forums seem to be that OC 5* takes priority over Panda 5*
    In that case, you say my main tank should be WC? I'm wondering who I should promote and give the Gullak to, if it's Panda I think farming him first is a better option. Any thoughts? :/

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 Jack McHawk's Avatar
    If you plan to VS in your main team then defintely don't make OC 5*, Go for 5* panda first. However if you plan to use OC in your main team, Go for 5* OC and use WC/IH as tank instead.

Its all about situation.
    Server 24 - Ice Mage

"The answer is there is no counter for FD, he is the perfect killing machine. I once saw a FD take on 5 grizzly bears and 3 honey badgers at the same time without even breaking a sweat. FD can eat more spicy hot wings than any man alive. One time FD won a break dancing contest that he wasn't even competing in, he grabbed all the judge's girlfriends and moonwalked out of there like a boss." - Miserymachine