Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is panda still a must-have? (End-Game view)

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Is panda still a must-have? (End-Game view)

TBH it doesn't really matter for me anymore, as I have him 170/80 unlocked, planning to unlock in 2 days to make him 4 stars. But I've seen many topics about how he falls from 80 to 90, makes me wonder if he is worth all of the expensive gear he asks for, gold as well as I am a low VIP struggling on maxing my current heroes (TL 80 atm).
    (I have 5* WC and 3* IH)

Also, in 2 days when I'll have 180/80 of Panda, should I keep farming him or switch back to OC? (4* atm)

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 Jack McHawk's Avatar
    Same problem here. I feel unlocking him past lvl 80.. it doesnt make that much of a difference. I have played all the way to my current level without Panda, just my 5* WC. If i unlock panda now, he would be 4*, but then whats the point?
    Server 24 - Ice Mage

"The answer is there is no counter for FD, he is the perfect killing machine. I once saw a FD take on 5 grizzly bears and 3 honey badgers at the same time without even breaking a sweat. FD can eat more spicy hot wings than any man alive. One time FD won a break dancing contest that he wasn't even competing in, he grabbed all the judge's girlfriends and moonwalked out of there like a boss." - Miserymachine

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Panda is useless if you didn't unlock and atlesst 4 star him before 80 just stick to warchief.

Hope you can rent him for portals

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    most ppl after lvl 80 have more then 15 heroes...
    so panda easily takes the spot of the 3rd tank in grand arena...

the main problem with him is that he needs alot of staff of rawiis

I m lv87, he is still very important

Quote Originally Posted by cm3 View Post
    I m lv87, he is still very important
    Do you use him anywhere else other than Phoenix Portal and GA?

And to Donelle, I'm not going to max a hero from scratch just for GA's 3rd team, I want to know where else he is useful, if anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmas View Post
    Do you use him anywhere else other than Phoenix Portal and GA?

And to Donelle, I'm not going to max a hero from scratch just for GA's 3rd team, I want to know where else he is useful, if anywhere.
    He is used in 90% of the top 20 teams on my server. Warchief is the next choice.

level 90 cap came out as my server just started hitting 78 so we all invested in panda thinking he would be the best.

If I could take it back I would have 5 star DK instead.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    u asked where he is useful... i said grand arena...
    as it is now imo grand arena is more important then normal arena so i think its a good reason to lvl him IF u have the resources and if u have a 3rd team ofc...

if u dont like the grand arena and u dont think it is a good enough reason, dont lvl him... hire him for portal and ur good to go

Quote Originally Posted by Donelle View Post
    u asked where he is useful... i said grand arena...
    as it is now imo grand arena is more important then normal arena so i think its a good reason to lvl him IF u have the resources and if u have a 3rd team ofc...

if u dont like the grand arena and u dont think it is a good enough reason, dont lvl him... hire him for portal and ur good to go
    I don't know your spot, but us low-spenders cannot just max and gear a hero for GA's 3rd team. In fact, all of the heroes I've maxed have more than one use other than PvP. (Except for IH but I was in need for it)

Tony, what lvls are your top 20 at? And in my spot, would you just leave it there unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Karmas View Post
    I don't know your spot, but us low-spenders cannot just max and gear a hero for GA's 3rd team. In fact, all of the heroes I've maxed have more than one use other than PvP. (Except for IH but I was in need for it)

Tony, what lvls are your top 20 at? And in my spot, would you just leave it there unlocked?
    88 to 85.

Panda has 2 uses portal arena (I don't know if you can beat physical trials without him I assume you can)

Banned Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyvuknome View Post
    88 to 85.

Panda has 2 uses portal arena (I don't know if you can beat physical trials without him I assume you can)
    I don't know about physical trial level 6, but level 5 is possible since I do that with WC 5* as tank.
    However, I'm in trouble too with this guy, since I'm reading he will not be as useful as he is now going on with levels. The fact is that I still see him in almost 80% of top 50 in my server, meaning he is, if not the best, for sure the most appreciated, I guess for his support role to AS, which needs someone who helps him dodging incoming attacks (panda/mystic). So: what I'm missing with him? Is he useful only 'till 85 and then he slowly fall down?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    WC is used mainly because everyone has him 5*, same goes to panda .... u cant really use 3*/4* tank in the late game ... so until low vip/nonvip ppl start having other 5* tanks , we will see use of those two, even though they arent the best in the very late game Thats my guess (i havent opened panda either, and not even planning to)

Banned Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Koldis View Post
    WC is used mainly because everyone has him 5*, same goes to panda .... u cant really use 3*/4* tank in the late game ... so until low vip/nonvip ppl start having other 5* tanks , we will see use of those two, even though they arent the best in the very late game Thats my guess (i havent opened panda either, and not even planning to)
    You're right, but I think that if someone has both of them 5* and that someone uses AS in the team, he prefers panda of course. The question from me is: does it worth to invest on him (and his gears cost so much, since he needs staff and moonglows) that much, only to have a good sapper support for 3-4 levels? 'Cause if his arena role is only to be sapper's friend for some levels, I don't think he worths the investment. If he is just strong and is better than WC even without a sapper in the team, is different.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    the question is. what other tank you going to use from 80 to 90 for GA? other then WC Panda and IH? Agree that Panda might not be good in 90 but Admiral at lvl 80+ will not work either.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    I'm at the point in the game where he wants his first moonglow, so level 72 tomorrow, and since i do collect DM and FD in GA, i do not have the ressources to farm IH. In Grand Arena, my tanks are WC in No. 1, Depths Voice in No. 2 and currently Panda in 3.
    I am curious if he is worth all the gear, since i do not even have a sapper trained, because i do not like him that much and i got some ways to counter them. I do also just fight in GArena, not in the normal arena.

I'm not sure if i will keep him or not, but if not, i am lacking a third tank for GArena :l
    Is Deathknight then a good choice to collect? :'D

Why are all those heroes so controversial? :O