Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 118

Thread: Ember blade ?

  1. #31
    New Comers
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    6
    IMO he's a great replacement for death knight in crusade. Deathmage+commando+old curse+Ember blade+lunarguardian.

    He just stacks onto the aoe damage AND refuses to die even if you start with a small small bar of health.

  2. #32
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    292
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by aithon View Post
    How do you know this and could you share this with the rest of us instead of just saying this? I'm curious as to how his gaining stars doesn't increase his damage.
    If you understand his skills, it's designed around the fact that he doesn't need high int for skills to do damage. (like the shield dot, chain dot, that doesn't depend on int)

    This translate to his magic damage won't (doesnt' need to) scale. aka his adding stars gives him better stats in normal dmg / hp..etc. but won't add much to his skills' damage.

    EDIT:
    This is not to say he's weak. Just not as spectacular as a 1 star compared to other 1 stars when he's 5 star comparing to other 5 stars. He's still one of the better ones to get.

  3. #33
    New Comers
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    6
    Mythic. I think you are wrong. He is known for his purple skill to do damage, and the damage from purple skill is based on his normal attack. Hence, increasing his star will improve him greatly.

  4. #34
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    292
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by signofhope View Post
    Mythic. I think you are wrong. He is known for his purple skill to do damage, and the damage from purple skill is based on his normal attack. Hence, increasing his star will improve him greatly.
    Think I wasn't as clear as I should be. The 4 skills that he has, 2 depends not on physical damage. Chain / shield. Those wouldn't be upgraded by adding more stars.

    Hence not all his skills will be upgraded. This making his 1 star copy with almost full damage on those 2 skills very strong compare to other 1 stars.

    As he progress in stars, those 2 stay rather static; hence more stars doesn't give him much benefit on those 2 skills. As those 2 are part of his damage capability, his damage doesn't scale as if it's all physical. Ergo it's not adding as much damage.

    You are wrong that it's not his purple that really makes him. If something that makes him really strong it's his US + Legend skill.

    With max level / gear he's still one of the better heroes - which I've already said that.

  5. #35
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7 Jack McHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    14
    Thats just silly. Then what is the use of evolving a hero if stars doesnt matter?
    I know where u come from since some skills doesnt depends from his raw stats. Mainly buff skills, silence skills, and shield skills. They dont scale with stars.

    But then again it would be ignorant to say that. Of course by having more stars. He would have more HP and armour, which makes him survive longer to deal more damage. I see his flame chains and shield isnt affected by raw stats. But of course his normal attacks, US and PS will benefit from stats.

    Of course a 5* EB will be better than a 1*.
    So how can you say he gets less impressive when he gets more stars due to the dmg from skill doesn't benefit much from stars?
    Clearly he benefits and gets more impressive
    Server 24 - Ice Mage

    "The answer is there is no counter for FD, he is the perfect killing machine. I once saw a FD take on 5 grizzly bears and 3 honey badgers at the same time without even breaking a sweat. FD can eat more spicy hot wings than any man alive. One time FD won a break dancing contest that he wasn't even competing in, he grabbed all the judge's girlfriends and moonwalked out of there like a boss." - Miserymachine

  6. #36
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    8
    Yup, his purple skill, which is related to his stars, is what makes him really good. Try him in battles and it becomes obvious.

  7. #37
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    7
    pls guys, do not flame him so soon, you yourself have no idea about a 5* ES. i believe. from my understanding, what he's saying is ES doesnt gain much from stars like the previous heroes. he doesnt say 1* is same as 5*

  8. #38
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Ruofeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    11
    What mythic means, its that Ember's growth from 1* to 5* is less significant compared to other heroes, not that stars doesn't matter or that he's a bad hero. Its a comparison.
    [Vip]Ruofeng
    Team Level 93
    Guild : Vip.Kor
    Server 30 - Commando

  9. #39
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    697
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruofeng View Post
    What mythic means, its that Ember's growth from 1* to 5* is less significant compared to other heroes, not that stars doesn't matter or that he's a bad hero. Its a comparison.
    when ur evovling heroes u allso gain some int... yes not much but u get some... int ofc effects magic attack and magic crit so it effects the dmg output from the shield and chains...

    if this hero for some reason doesnt get alot of int growth when adding stars, u are still getting physical dmg, armor and hp, so u will survive longer=more dmg output...

  10. #40
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Ruofeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Donelle View Post
    when ur evovling heroes u allso gain some int... yes not much but u get some... int ofc effects magic attack and magic crit so it effects the dmg output from the shield and chains...

    if this hero for some reason doesnt get alot of int growth when adding stars, u are still getting physical dmg, armor and hp, so u will survive longer=more dmg output...
    I know all that, but you don't get my point.
    Every heroes strenghen when gaining stats (like you said damage, hp, armor, etc...), what mythic says is that Ember doesnt benefit AS MUCH AS other heroes.
    I am not saying that he is right, just trying to explain what he means.
    [Vip]Ruofeng
    Team Level 93
    Guild : Vip.Kor
    Server 30 - Commando

  11. #41
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    7
    We could say that bullshit about other heroes too. He just wanted to be special and against the hype of the ember blade appearance.

  12. #42
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    358
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Donelle View Post
    when ur evovling heroes u allso gain some int... yes not much but u get some... int ofc effects magic attack and magic crit so it effects the dmg output from the shield and chains...

    if this hero for some reason doesnt get alot of int growth when adding stars, u are still getting physical dmg, armor and hp, so u will survive longer=more dmg output...
    As was stated probably 15 times earlier the point of your post in response to the one you are quoting is simple. Lets try to evaluate it as such.

    EVERY HERO gets better by leveling stars. End of point.
    EVERY HERO has a level advantage that DIFFERS from other heroes based on stars.
    AUTO attackers and heroes that use stats for skills gain a BIGGER ADVANTAGE when their stars are leveled.
    Ember Blade has TWO SKILLS that do not gain an advantage when he levels his stars vs most other heroes gaining an advantage with 3 or all 4 skills per star.

    THIS IS WHAT HE MEANT. When Ember Blade is at one star his potential power is far greater than other one star heroes BECAUSE two of his skills are at maximum potential at level 90 with 1 star AND DON'T CHANGE AT ALL when they reach 5 stars.
    Since he can still dash around and do his damage untouched at any star level, he is still perfectly deadly no matter how many stars he has. OF COURSE more stars means more damage and survivability but it means less for HIM vs other heroes who actually gain MUCH MORE and sometimes kind of need them to make them AS GOOD AS Ember Blade at 1 star.


    Hope this helps.

  13. #43
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,293
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    As was stated probably 15 times earlier the point of your post in response to the one you are quoting is simple. Lets try to evaluate it as such.

    EVERY HERO gets better by leveling stars. End of point.
    EVERY HERO has a level advantage that DIFFERS from other heroes based on stars.
    AUTO attackers and heroes that use stats for skills gain a BIGGER ADVANTAGE when their stars are leveled.
    Ember Blade has TWO SKILLS that do not gain an advantage when he levels his stars vs most other heroes gaining an advantage with 3 or all 4 skills per star.

    THIS IS WHAT HE MEANT. When Ember Blade is at one star his potential power is far greater than other one star heroes BECAUSE two of his skills are at maximum potential at level 90 with 1 star AND DON'T CHANGE AT ALL when they reach 5 stars.
    Since he can still dash around and do his damage untouched at any star level, he is still perfectly deadly no matter how many stars he has. OF COURSE more stars means more damage and survivability but it means less for HIM vs other heroes who actually gain MUCH MORE and sometimes kind of need them to make them AS GOOD AS Ember Blade at 1 star.


    Hope this helps.
    Lol he only stated that he get lets impressive. Because its normal a 5*heroe doing tons of damage, but not normal 1* doing the same as a 3* i.e.

  14. #44
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    As was stated probably 15 times earlier the point of your post in response to the one you are quoting is simple. Lets try to evaluate it as such.

    EVERY HERO gets better by leveling stars. End of point.
    EVERY HERO has a level advantage that DIFFERS from other heroes based on stars.
    AUTO attackers and heroes that use stats for skills gain a BIGGER ADVANTAGE when their stars are leveled.
    Ember Blade has TWO SKILLS that do not gain an advantage when he levels his stars vs most other heroes gaining an advantage with 3 or all 4 skills per star.

    THIS IS WHAT HE MEANT. When Ember Blade is at one star his potential power is far greater than other one star heroes BECAUSE two of his skills are at maximum potential at level 90 with 1 star AND DON'T CHANGE AT ALL when they reach 5 stars.
    Since he can still dash around and do his damage untouched at any star level, he is still perfectly deadly no matter how many stars he has. OF COURSE more stars means more damage and survivability but it means less for HIM vs other heroes who actually gain MUCH MORE and sometimes kind of need them to make them AS GOOD AS Ember Blade at 1 star.


    Hope this helps.
    Do you really need to create a new account to post that? lol

  15. #45
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Mystara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    547
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by aTa View Post
    We could say that bullshit about other heroes too.
    But that's not true. It's entirely incorrect.


    What's true is that Ember Blade gains less power when upgrading compared to the other heroes, which is what he is saying.

    Not that upgrading him doesn't improve him, which it does, but to a lesser degree than the others.

    Why you ask? Due to his 2 Skills that do not gain an advantage when upgrading compared to other heroes where 2-3 skills improve to a much higher degree when upgrading.
    http://forum.ucool.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30906&dateline=141327  9605

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •