Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ember blade detail?

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Enslaved77 View Post
    i have one, should i level him up, or wait until later?
    Reading the thread it seems he only becomes useful around Purple.

Banned Contributor Level 6
    Anyone tried
    dk eb ferry vs fm?
    Encounter that on booty cave just now and my team dead meat in 40s.

New Comers
    Is it just me, or is his ult kinda useless unless he takes fatal hits (detonates)? He does some damage on release of the shadows, but the damage is relatively low compared to other ults.

I haven't found much use for him outside of doing easy content where he's the only front-liner. When I have a tank in front of him, it's almost like he doesn't have an ult.

I'm only in my 40s, and he's only 1-star, so I'm still a newbie, but it's the mechanics of his ult that I'm asking about. It just doesn't seem that useful unless he takes a fatal hit.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Personally I think EB is good against team with magic heroes as it buffs up his skill.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    any1 have an idea about how good he is in terms of raid damage (single target boss fights) ?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Even with only 2* ? i see a lot with 3*

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4 Valhalen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Livingmore View Post
    May this help ?

Huh, different graphics?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    image.jpg

Please help me understand something: this hero is good OR completely useless ?
    When I see his overall damage, I was like "the F is that ?!", but during the fight (Im on the green side) my team completely destroy the opponent. At the end my 5 heroes where alive with 35% life for the weakest (sapper) and others around 50%.

Is a 5* ember blade can be strong or he just take the damage from his teamates ?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Mystara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalen View Post
    Huh, different graphics?
    That's the chinese equivalent, Dot Arena. by Fun Plus.
    http://forum.ucool.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30906&dateline=141327  9605

Hello Guys,

I see all kind of discussion but nothing really clear.
    I'm level 85 and I have this hero al level 75 , Purple +2 ,3 stars, fully skilled.It's the hero i always use ( PVE or PVP).
    I can tell for sure it's hero you must invest as much possible. I have about 20 heroes high level and fully skilled ( 4 stars, purple +2 or +3) but this hero it's fair away the best. Why? Because :
    -it always shoot the highest damage ( more damge that a death mage or old curse or pilot or cloud walker);
    -indeed , he has a small life but his magic shield it's very useful;
    -he has capabilities to restore his HP using a kind of revive;
    -he has a good rear and middle line attach ,similar to arcane sapper;
    -in many, many cases he is the hero which remains alone with 3-4 enemy heroes and he finish them;
    -he can change his position on enviroment;.

Well this is for me. I'm gathering now souls to make him 4 stars. I will come back with a feedback then.
    Cheers !

Banned Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by buzyt View Post
    Hello Guys,

I see all kind of discussion but nothing really clear.
    I'm level 85 and I have this hero al level 75 , Purple +2 ,3 stars, fully skilled.It's the hero i always use ( PVE or PVP).
    I can tell for sure it's hero you must invest as much possible. I have about 20 heroes high level and fully skilled ( 4 stars, purple +2 or +3) but this hero it's fair away the best. Why? Because :
    -it always shoot the highest damage ( more damge that a death mage or old curse or pilot or cloud walker);
    -indeed , he has a small life but his magic shield it's very useful;
    -he has capabilities to restore his HP using a kind of revive;
    -he has a good rear and middle line attach ,similar to arcane sapper;
    -in many, many cases he is the hero which remains alone with 3-4 enemy heroes and he finish them;
    -he can change his position on enviroment;.

Well this is for me. I'm gathering now souls to make him 4 stars. I will come back with a feedback then.
    Cheers !

Thats why he sould be nerfed.

Ppl on this forum cry rivers because of FD but no one say anything against EB. lol

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumakamikaze View Post
    Thats why he sould be nerfed.

Ppl on this forum cry rivers because of FD but no one say anything against EB. lol
    Why he should be nerfed?

why?
    One on one with many heroes he gets completely hosed not to mention against many. If you are crying because you think he's op then you need to check again.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintornado View Post
    image.jpg

Please help me understand something: this hero is good OR completely useless ?
    When I see his overall damage, I was like "the F is that ?!", but during the fight (Im on the green side) my team completely destroy the opponent. At the end my 5 heroes where alive with 35% life for the weakest (sapper) and others around 50%.

Is a 5* ember blade can be strong or he just take the damage from his teamates ?
    First off if he lives long enough to use his purple skill that's where the vast majority of his damage lies. It hit's everyone then he stands there with his flame shield hitting the front line. Then he flame chains. If he manages to survive long enough to use his ult it deals minor damage. Once he "dies", and teleports and explodes his flame remnants. Those deal pretty decent damage then it triggers his purple skill again. After that he stands still forever and dies unless he gains enough energy to reuse his flame remnants again and if he dies (which in this case he will) he re-triggers them to explode and then does his blade dance again.

this is why his damage is so high. The reason teams can lose against this or Completely win against it is if they build around his damage, heal from it and then use his damage to gain energy to use their own ults, resulting in wins.

While he seems like a powerhouse he can just as easily be an energy giver.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    I have him 5* lvl 89 5\6 full enchant. Been using him since day one. He was part of main team at 2*. Useful at pretty much any lvl. But depends on who fighting. I often pair him with DM com arcane dk. But useful on most teams. His life steal is one of the most powerful. Even better then arcane. Even though he has some magic (shield/embers) he counts more as physical for trials. He is more useful when low health so ultimate is triggered. To that end making him front is better, but depends on who you are fighting. Having multiple sets of embers isn't as useful as you might think. So hold off casting 2nd ember if you can until first is used. That will buy additional time/life.
    If any questions will do my best to answer.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Lvl up. You will use him now and later.