Thread: Team Compositions Advice

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Question Team Compositions Advice

Another one of these threads. Sorry.

Anyway, background info: I'm fairly new to the game, probably will hit level 50 soon. VIP 3, got the monthly card. Main heroes hovering around Blue+2.
    I've begun to acquire enough heroes via chests and crusade and whatnot that I'd like to start putting some serious thought into future team compositions.

I have the following Heroes:

Soul Hunter 3* Wind Master 3* Vengeance Spirit 3*
    Shadowleaf 2* Commando 2* Old Curse 2* Ice Mage 2* Admiral 2* Phoenix 2*
    Machinist 1* Emberstar 1* Mystic 1* Chaplain 1* Rifleman 1* Lightning Master 1* Vanguard Warrior 1* Tusked Storm 1*

I will soon obtain War Chief.
    I'd like to consider a Physical Team and a Magic team, with some extra heroes to swap around with as needed (eventually Panda Man and Arcane Sapper). So, around 10 or so heroes.

Physically, I'd like War Chief/Vengeance/Commando/Leaves/Filler
    Magically I'm torn between Vanguard/Phoenix/Old Curse/Mystic/Filler or War Chief(Iron Hoof?)/Frost Mage/Machinist/Mystic/Filler
    The Vanguard team I noticed in the Phoenix thread that's floating around and I happen to have had most of the components plunked on my lap.
    The other team is because I like Machinist. I'm aware he's lategame material, but I like to plan ahead. This team would also require more farming on my part.

Any suggestions/opinions from the veteran players? I already know about the cookie cutter team, so please don't suggest that.
    Your input is much appreciated.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    If you read the forums a lot then u should know what to invest.
    The only magic heroes U need are the ones u use to clear crusade everyday.
    Machinist is a beast if u can pull out his ultimate but gl doing that, arcane Sapper will always kill him before so.dont invest so much into vanguard warrio and Phoenix for now.( unless u can afford it)

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    For magic team you could go IH/Old curse/frost mage/phoenix/mystic would be a good team, I've seen machinist be good and also bad all depends on the team composition. Phoenix can also be a beast depending on if he has enough cover to keep him alive, if he can do his ulti twice which does happen he can do crazy amounts of damage. You could also try sapper in there though he won't be worth it till later really since he dies to quickly. Your physical is good though vs can be hit and miss at times and I'm told that later on she will really be powerful. That's just my thoughts on it.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Thanks for the input. Frost Mage just dropped for me from crusade, so I'll probably go with the Frost/Mystic/Machinist route.