Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Why does Phoenix not stun? Is it a bug?

  1. #1

    Why does Phoenix not stun? Is it a bug?

    Supernova When HP reaches zero, Isarus transforms into a burning ball that can be attacked by enemies. If it is destroyed within 5 seconds Isarus dies as well. However, if it survives for 5 seconds all enemies in range will be stunned and the Phoenix will revive fully regenerated. (Isarus can revive 3 times in each battle and the ball can be destroyed after 4/3/2 attacks)

    Why does Phoenix not stun? Is it a bug?

  2. #2
    Banned Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    0
    Never noticed. Lol. Maybe only affect melee heroes?

  3. #3
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    24
    The enemies have to be withing melee range for it to stun them.
    Level: 90 Server: 18 VIP: 13 Leader of Top Guild on Server/ All Heroes Power: 446,864

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 CrazyEyesDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    0
    It doesn't regenerate with full health either as the description says...

  5. #5
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Agamerjes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    22
    I always thought it was short-range stun (melee), not full screen effect. If that assumption is true, the skill's wording might need some tweaking.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEyesDave View Post
    It doesn't regenerate with full health either as the description says...
    Highlighting the skill, in hero menu, explains amount of health returned is based upon skill points invested, much like Warchief's resurrection. But again, the wording is vague and could be changed.
    Life would be better with more Legos, and more naps.

    Server: 58 Corvus

    Agamerjes's Guide to HC Life, Universe, & Everthing:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...and-Everything

  6. #6
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    24
    Overall, just not an impressive hero. I would say a 30-35th hero to build
    Level: 90 Server: 18 VIP: 13 Leader of Top Guild on Server/ All Heroes Power: 446,864

  7. #7
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Agamerjes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Overall, just not an impressive hero. I would say a 30-35th hero to build
    Only really useful in outland portals and trials. It has a use, merely a niche one.
    Life would be better with more Legos, and more naps.

    Server: 58 Corvus

    Agamerjes's Guide to HC Life, Universe, & Everthing:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...and-Everything

  8. #8
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,203
    Rep Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Overall, just not an impressive hero. I would say a 30-35th hero to build
    I disagree. Much better I think, game changer on some setups.

  9. #9
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Overall, just not an impressive hero. I would say a 30-35th hero to build
    Phoenix has too many counters. I would not use him past 82. Although a strength hero he is lumped together with magic heroes and therefore lacks strength and HP gear.

    So yeah, a mid game hero at best.

  10. #10
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    645
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by love-hina View Post
    Phoenix has too many counters. I would not use him past 82. Although a strength hero he is lumped together with magic heroes and therefore lacks strength and HP gear.

    So yeah, a mid game hero at best.
    Phoenix is Half Tank + Magic , another version of Windmaster which Half Phy + Magic

  11. #11
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    44
    He's one of the best magic DPS IMO, very hard to kill, especially in 1v1 situation. Need a suitable team to support him though.

  12. #12
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    29
    I don't think egg stage has any magic immune actually

    I think it is one of the better magic heroes, definitely worth training.
    Don't get why its a str hero tho, so strange, is it because of dota or something?

  13. #13
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7 Jack McHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    14
    No where in the description did it say the egg stage has magic immunity. Only the outland boss has.

    I think phoenix is worth investing in, the ulti hurts like hell. I think phoenix should be paired with IH and a few high HP mid like VS so he can save his HP and do a longer ulti. Not sure which is the best setup for phoenix tho, i see no one seriously using him yet.
    Yeah he is a strength hero because in dota he is also a strength hero. Its funny being a strength hero with low strength growth and every move he does sacrifices HP.

  14. #14
    New Comers
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack McHawk View Post
    No where in the description did it say the egg stage has magic immunity. Only the outland boss has.

    I think phoenix is worth investing in, the ulti hurts like hell. I think phoenix should be paired with IH and a few high HP mid like VS so he can save his HP and do a longer ulti. Not sure which is the best setup for phoenix tho, i see no one seriously using him yet.
    Yeah he is a strength hero because in dota he is also a strength hero. Its funny being a strength hero with low strength growth and every move he does sacrifices HP.
    "......into a burning ball that can ONLY BE PHYSICALLY ATTACKED BY ENEMIES" that definitely meant that it is magically immune, as a matter of fact phoenix was 1 of my first main, and it started out having magic immunity when it turned into a ball, and i noticed as i kept playing, somewhere along the line, that immunity was gone.... i was pretty mad about that

  15. #15
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    44
    Phoenix GS needs to be changed too. In dota, phoenix deals considerable Dot dmg while in egg form to force the enemy to destroy it. Here in HC it does nothing, basically a worse WC PS. Not to mention the lousy stun range which hits nobody most of the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •