Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch 0.12 Introducing the Watch Tower!

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Ember's Avatar

Patch 0.12 Introducing the Watch Tower!

Here are the latest game improvements for Commanders of Evony:

New Feature: The Watch Tower!
    This new add-on for CoE will send game alerts to your desktop for key game events and will also provide a daily source of FREE Gems!

Game Improvements:
    * Greatly increases the rate of influence recovery.
    * Increases the amount of honor gained from fighting Matches.
    * Removing stones and plants may reward free gems by chance.
    * Players will receive a bonus to help rebuild for 12 hours after teleporting their city.
    * Numerous bug fixes and art optimizations

See you on the battlefield!

Evony Dev Team

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Why have some people regained full influence, and others have not?

i see people have gone from 30k or so influence back to 145k. yet others are still where they were before the maint

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Slooooooooooooow loading. I hope it caches it for next time.

Also, why do we have to install this watch tower thing? Desktop notifications need some program, right?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    So what bugs did you fix? I hear players are still getting free resources & instant troops.

want us to download GC for the WT but don't explain how to activate it...after download what next?

what is it this time?

Watchtower...DO NOT WANT
    Red "Quests" banner at the bottom...DO NOT WANT

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    i agree with above move the duma44 quests banner and de-
    clutter the city screen and the attack screen please
    last time we were attacking or building in a nice clean desert now were fighting thru the jungle to try n see wat we need to build/ attack
    k.i.s.s
    Last edited by ics_manta_1776585; 01-10-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    To install Watchtower I need to give it permission to access my Google analytics data....Why would i need/want to do this? No thanks you can keep your watch tower.
    I agree to get ride of the quest banner (maybe have it appear at start but put an x on it to close it?)
    Now that I have decided I will not be installing watch tower, do I have to stare at it for ever?
    I have completed the invasions, how about getting rid of that as well?
    And for god sakes tell Cleopatra to put some cloths on...if I saw my son playing this game i would tell him to turn it off.
    Maybe instead of spending so much time on graphics you should spend some time on hero's spells.

It would be nice to know how to get the watch tower. Going through Google crome just gives you a nice picture of the tower with no indication of what to do.

I like the watch tower b/c I already use chrome but ya having quest on the right AND in the middle is redundant and blocking the game. Good idea for the stones/plants=gems.

Quote Originally Posted by peerstander_2250406 View Post
    It would be nice to know how to get the watch tower. Going through Google crome just gives you a nice picture of the tower with no indication of what to do.
    when you click watch tower go to the Google play play store, then click the + Free Button in the top right...this is where I stopped though because I didn't want to give it the access it requested.

Cleo and the assistant are (pardon the pun) way over the top, add in the girl on the loading screen and the one that 'pops up' when you have been attacked. Looking at them is not why we play the game. Hetro women play the game too guys, and we don't play because we want to see eye candy.

The watch tower is installed on my comp, it was late and I did not see the request for access to statistical use, I will uninstall it as I am not excited about giving access away. It was frustrating, there is no instruction after installation and no gems.

During the attack its difficult enough sliding the screen around to find spots that are NOT covered with useless screen clutter so I can send troops. Why did you add more crap? A second quest screen when the first was too large and receiving complaints? The invasion button serves no purpose, yet we also have it.

Can Cleo get spells now? Soon?

You did not fix the building stacking glitch, so its probably safe to assume that they are still able to put their guild hall on top of buildings inside your wall when attacking.

From realm chat (and from some personal experience) several glitches are still active.

It seems the purpose of the update was cosmetic and did not address the concerns of the players at all.

Suppose that means you are getting ready to go live lol

Red Quest bar is cluttering screen and distracting to the eye. Please remove