Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When to spend gold on bronze chest?

Silver Member Contributor Level 4

When to spend gold on bronze chest?

I read on the forum with mix messages. Some say don't farm SL, Chaplain, and etc. Just spend gold opening bronze chests. They claims to 5* 1* heroes by doing this method. I also read that it costs 330M to 5* one hero. Other say not to spend gold and save it for later when gold is needed to level up heroes, enchant heroes, and etc.

From your experience what is the best compromise in getting 1* hero to 5* and saving enough gold to use later in the game? Do VIP 10 and above gold problem since they can raid twice in a day for extra gold?

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    getting ur heroes to 5 stars with gold chests is expensive... personally im waiting till i will be lvl 90 with a nice pool of 25-30 heroes before i even think about that...
    dont forget to lvling a hero to lvl 80 costs around 6m gold...

alot of ppl did it when they were lvl 80 and were waiting for lvl 90 update so they got alot of 1star hero ss

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    I think the rate to get hero from Bronze chest is pretty low ... did try few times open 5 times X10 bronze chest and didn't get any hero

sometimes ur lucky sometimes ur not...
    once i opened about 50 chests and got 4 leaves shadow cards and one arcane sapper... thats 7 sapper ss and 28 leaves shadow ss... was awsome

wow ... 50 chest cost 4.5m .... that's huge amount.
    But cheers for your luck

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    50 chest isn't 4.5 mil that's 500 chest

OMG ... poor math ... lolx

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    High VIP players could buy 3x ss of [1* heroes] from Black Market daily, together with 2x ss from Goblin shop. Spending mil coins for bc is only 1 method if you want to have many ss of [1* heroes] in wide range, meaning farm for 10-15 heroes to an acceptable stars. However it's stupid when you have 140/150 SL ss and spend millions coins just to farm 10 more SL ss, farm 10 specific ss in Elite mission is much faster.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I wont do it unless i have too many Gold and all the heroes i want with maxed skills. Any changes to the game meta would mean you'll probably need to spend gold on new heroes. I prefer to save.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 max1912's Avatar
    When you get nothing from Crusade, nothing from Elite, go for Bronze chest, 80% Heroes card drop
    S20 - lvl90

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by max1912 View Post
    When you get nothing from Crusade, nothing from Elite, go for Bronze chest, 80% Heroes card drop
    What do you mean by nothing from Elite? 80% seems like a tempting number.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Now if you are not high VIP, I don't think you have the chance to stop for gold chest at all with all the levellings. We did it at 80 because of the lvl cap. We will be able to do it again at 89-90.

If you really need a certain hero such as LS or Machinist. Just farm + open chest till 4 stars then stop. It's the optimum level. You can slowly 5 star them later on.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    I always somehow managed with the gold... reached the 80lvl cap few days before it was raised, so not really saved that much there... but i was buying lots of bronze chests before that, i simply had the money, didnt invest in heroes i didnt need.... i got all the 1* heroes to 3* and half without ever farming them (lightning maser already 4*) .. im not high vip ... lots of ppl struggle with gold, i struggle when im about to lvl up, or decide to lvl up entire new hero - it just takes few days to skill him up, but wouldnt say its that hard ...

so from my experience, i wouldnt change how i played until now, even though i dont use (except for machinist) the 1* heroes (sapper, commando and mystic and posisbly others obtainable in shops dont count) ... i dunno what would be the point of having lets say 10M gold stacked up, as i see lots of ppl having If i decide to lvl up new hero, i always look at the gear first, so i know if its possible to bring him at least to p+3 .. and the money is just the smaller issue

im vip5 lvl 84 , do bronzex10 5x a day , still able save Gold currently 33M , i`ll burn all my gold for bronze after lvl 89-90 later. patieance is gold , you dont know what will happened on next patch , so saving is still best choice.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Koldis View Post
    I always somehow managed with the gold... reached the 80lvl cap few days before it was raised, so not really saved that much there... but i was buying lots of bronze chests before that, i simply had the money, didnt invest in heroes i didnt need.... i got all the 1* heroes to 3* and half without ever farming them (lightning maser already 4*) .. im not high vip ... lots of ppl struggle with gold, i struggle when im about to lvl up, or decide to lvl up entire new hero - it just takes few days to skill him up, but wouldnt say its that hard ...

so from my experience, i wouldnt change how i played until now, even though i dont use (except for machinist) the 1* heroes (sapper, commando and mystic and posisbly others obtainable in shops dont count) ... i dunno what would be the point of having lets say 10M gold stacked up, as i see lots of ppl having If i decide to lvl up new hero, i always look at the gear first, so i know if its possible to bring him at least to p+3 .. and the money is just the smaller issue
    May I know your VIP and how many heroes you have at maxed skills? I am VIP 5 too, raising 24 heroes now ( 20 at maxed lvl & skills) for caves, portal and trials. I have to do it because portal drops are really nice and I don't wanna miss them out. It's kind of like an investment since higher power teams give more gold income from caves too. I never have more than 5 mil in my stash btw.