Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite stages soul stone farming guide

New Comers

loool

Guys, this didn't even work.. i tried, only got 2 instead of 4.. and wasted lots of stam

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenA View Post
    Guys, this didn't even work.. i tried, only got 2 instead of 4.. and wasted lots of stam
    I think you might forget to retreat when the boss didn't drop soul stones.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyvuknome View Post
    I thought retreat and fails don't give team exp.
    Yeah it still gives team exp. This wouldn't worth it if we loose team exp - which is the most important thing in this game.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    This is really cool, thanks

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 BadFerret's Avatar
    Sooo...of course I got to try that

So I reset my WC Elites and bought stamina and came to the following results.
    134 Stamina used, 8 Stages needed, 4 SS.

My feeling was...

..raiding or clearing one stage resets the loot of all 3 Elites.

So... I tried that with Cleric (cause he is the only 1 I found who has 3 Elites in the lower Chapters and he is a tank, which means it's not that hard to only kill him)

But that seems not to be the fact, I can't see any rule Oo

Why are 15,19 and 22 the same?
    Why does 25 give me a SS while I was exspecting to get another Buckler, because there was no reset?
    for the watch!

Very nice summary table.

Just a few comments from me.

134 Stamina used, 8 Stages needed, 4 SS - that is a fantastic result. 50% drop. 33.5 stamina per SS

..raiding or clearing one stage resets the loot of all 3 Elites. You are absolutely correct here. I also want to add that unfinished attack on any of the three stages. Also.... an unfinished attack on NORMAL (not elite) stage or clearing an normal stage will reset the loot drop of that same elite stage. For example, unfinished attack on NORMAL WC1 will reset loot drop on ELITE WC1! Same for WC2. Interesting eh?

To add to the complexity, I found that unfinished attack/raiding/clearing on LS1 resets VS1 but does not reset VS2. LS1 also resets WC1. VS1 resets WC1. LS1 resets DV1 but DV1 does not reset VS1. Can't remember if VS1 reset WC1.

Why are 15,19 and 22 the same? Yes it happens a lot. If you see the same loot for 3 times, try to do an attack on NORMAL stage #1. Then come back to attack ELITE stage #1. What I usually is just going in and out right away. You will see different drop...often SS

Why does 25 give me a SS while I was exspecting to get another Buckler, because there was no reset? This is normal because the previous unfinished attack already reset the loot. No need to clear the stage to reset the loot!

That's why I was saying in my opening post that this requires a lot of patient. You might see no SS for a while and feel like "crap this is not working". And then you will see SS dropping back to back to back. It evens out at the end and you will get result like you stated at the beginning - 50% drop. Trust me I've been doing this everyday for the past 2 months lol.

The good part about doing this kind of farming early is that by 73 or so, you will mostly finish with your important heroes like WC, LS, VS then you can dedicate a majority of your stamina on farming important gear, which would not be available at early levels.

By the way, sorry I've never tried Cleric. I've done Ice Mage, VS, LS, WC, DV only. But I assume it would work for all maps since they coded the game that way. I usually use only 2 heroes to farm because if I do too much damage, I might accidentally complete the stage without being able to check the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aba286 View Post
    Very nice summary table.

134 Stamina used, 8 Stages needed, 4 SS - that is a fantastic result. 50% drop. 33.5 stamina per SS

..raiding or clearing one stage resets the loot of all 3 Elites. You are absolutely correct here. I also want to add that unfinished attack on any of the three stages. Also.... an unfinished attack on NORMAL (not elite) stage or clearing an normal stage will reset the loot drop of that same elite stage. For example, unfinished attack on NORMAL WC1 will reset loot drop on ELITE WC1! Same for WC2. Interesting eh?

To add to the complexity, I found that unfinished attack/raiding/clearing on LS1 resets VS1 but does not reset VS2. LS1 also resets WC1. VS1 resets WC1. LS1 resets DV1 but DV1 does not reset VS1. Can't remember if VS1 reset WC1.

Why are 15,19 and 22 the same? Yes it happens a lot. If you see the same loot for 3 times, try to do an attack on NORMAL stage #1. Then come back to attack ELITE stage #1. What I usually is just going in and out right away. You will see different drop...often SS

Why does 25 give me a SS while I was exspecting to get another Buckler, because there was no reset? This is normal because the previous unfinished attack already reset the loot. No need to clear the stage to reset the loot!

That's why I was saying in my opening post that this requires a lot of patient. You might see no SS for a while and feel like "crap this is not working". And then you will see SS dropping back to back to back. It evens out at the end and you will get result like you stated at the beginning - 50% drop. Trust me I've been doing this everyday for the past 2 months lol.

The good part about doing this kind of farming early is that by 73 or so, you will mostly finish with your important heroes like WC, LS, VS then you can dedicate a majority of your stamina on farming important gear, which would not be available at early levels.

By the way, sorry I've never tried Cleric. I've done Ice Mage, VS, LS, WC, DV only. But I assume it would work for all maps since they coded the game that way. I usually use only 2 heroes to farm because if I do too much damage, I might accidentally complete the stage without being able to check the loot.
    This as a summary: If you dont get the SS drop in the Elite, retreat and Raid the Normal Stage to reset the Elite? So it would be possible to get 9/9?

Gonna try this, when I get the next free stam.
    for the watch!

Quote Originally Posted by BadFerret View Post
    This as a summary: If you dont get the SS drop in the Elite, retreat and Raid the Normal Stage to reset the Elite? So it would be possible to get 9/9?
    No you can't get 9/9 because SS never drop twice in a row. 50% is maximum rate.

The use of normal stage reset only works after you've done an elite without SS drop.

No you can't get 9/9 because SS never drop twice in a row. 50% is maximum rate.

The use of normal stage reset only works after you've done an elite without SS drop.
    which crazy mind ever thought about programming it like this Oo

Okay..but i think I got it now
    for the watch!

Can someone simplify the steps? I noticed this mechanism as well during trials but did not look further into elite and normal maps.
    The steps in the First post is quite confusing as it only mentioned about elite stages but subsequently there are posts on raiding normal to reset elite loots?
    Thanks

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Sharko's Avatar
    Very nice summary table.

This means that I can have that very same 50% drop rate with much less stamina if I reset on normal stages? Can you explain how that happens like u did on ur original post?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Guys,
    For this system you need a huge bag of time.
    3 Stages x 3 trys х 3 min each = about 27 min for one hero.
    For one day I try to collect SS's from 6-7 heroes.
    If you have so much time.........

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    i didn't understand few things
    lets say i wanna get WC soul stones.
    now i have WC1 WC2 WC3
    i can raid WC1 and then attack WC2 and if i dont get soul stone i should reset it and go to WC3?
    and if i dont get soul stone from WC3 go to WC2? and after i get the soulstone go raid WC1?
    and just do it till i get 4 soulstones?

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Did just try it out. Takes time, but got 9 wc ss out of 18 tries! Works perfectly fine.
    Do I get it right, that you can apply this method if only 2 or even 1 stage unlocked? (By reseting drop with attacking normal stage?)

Quote Originally Posted by kotvs View Post
    Did just try it out. Takes time, but got 9 wc ss out of 18 tries! Works perfectly fine.
    Do I get it right, that you can apply this method if only 2 or even 1 stage unlocked? (By reseting drop with attacking normal stage?)
    Great to hear!

Yes on 2 stages you would get 3 SS per day without resetting
    On 1 stage with attacking normal stage strategy, you would get the same result. But I think it's not worth doing it for 1 stage... I myself hate using normal stage to reset because that's 1 stamina lost for sure. At least with attacking elite stages, you spend 2 stamina for a chance of dropping SS