Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite stages soul stone farming guide

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Heathen's Avatar
    I'm also pretty upset that this method of farming SS has been removed from the game. Anyone saying it takes endless hours has clearly not even tried it, it would be insane to dedicate 100% of your daily stamina to farm 6 heros a day doing this. I'd focus on 1-3 a day max, farming whilst watching TV, watching a stream, eating lunch etc. It was a fun way to pass the time and actually feel like you are progressing your characters at a decent rate. It's not like uCool was losing out on people spending gems from me either. I needed 15 VS SS to make her 5*, so was prepared to reset the 2 12 stamina stages 4x each at a grand total of 440 gems, + stamina purchases.

Has definately taken out one of the aspects of the game where you could actually play it for a while. Hitting raid3 and praying for at least 1SS is Boring and horribly frustrating when you get 0.

C'mon uCool, please revert this patch

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Haha it's not like retreating/resetting is so demanding that you cant do it while doing something else. I was doing it while doing cardio.

15 days ago this method was unknown and you liked this game.

You had this method available for 14 days and you exploited it.
    Clearly this method wasn't part of the game, but just a way to exploit the poorly designed programming code.

Now you speak like it was the only enjoyable part of the game (and it wasn't even part of the game, but an exploitable mechanism)....

Are wasting everybody's time with this argument????
    Nerfing SS DROP rate without announcing it is a topic and I agree that ucool should make it clear.
    Making what was supposed to be random from the beginning , truly random is a different topic.

Hard for you to be right on the second topic. If you wanted a game that rewards you for playing 5 hours a day, there's plenty of them. But it's hard to figure why you started to play HC since it wasn't about retreating to get SS till 25 January 2015....

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Agamerjes's Avatar
    While I stand behind my prior post that lack of communication is the real issue, the last few pages did give me a chuckle.

The martyr bit about "endless hours" on the game are priceless. I play with game with 1 finger, while doing other things, not bragging... merely factual observations. Nothing requires both hands, and since PvP automates skills, very little of the game requires your full attention. There are app games that take both hands and 100% attention out there, but HC is not one of them. You can literally play HC while doing anything and everything else in your day. (Standard "Don't play with your phone while driving" PSM here.)
    Life would be better with more Legos, and more naps.

Server: 58 Corvus

Agamerjes's Guide to HC Life, Universe, & Everthing:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...and-Everything

Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Said the guy who doesn't have the mental capability to use correct grammar.
    So usare la grammatica di una seconda lingua molto meglio di quanto tu sappia usare la mia figlio di puttana.

You are so stupid that you thought I'm vip11...
    I earn enought money that I could easily buy it if I'd like to, but I don't want neither to spend 500$ neither to use 2-4 hours every single day.

I wonder why a company producing a game should be fair to people not willing to spend money on it but willing to waste their time on a skill-less activity not even part of the vision of the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Agamerjes View Post
    While I stand behind my prior post that lack of communication is the real issue, the last few pages did give me a chuckle.

The martyr bit about "endless hours" on the game are priceless. I play with game with 1 finger, while doing other things, not bragging... merely factual observations. Nothing requires both hands, and since PvP automates skills, very little of the game requires your full attention. There are app games that take both hands and 100% attention out there, but HC is not one of them. You can literally play HC while doing anything and everything else in your day. (Standard "Don't play with your phone while driving" PSM here.)
    It's all about SS farming. You need to manual pass stage 1 and 2 or enemies in stage 3 are auto killed. So you need to check device 3 times.
    In all stages beside WC you needed to switch to trial or to change heroes configurations.
    You also need to accept the box asking you if you wanted to play with less than 5 heroes.
    All this small actions stacked. Even doing at lightning fast speed, required you to look at display several times per try.

SL stage required one finger to fire sniper's ultimate after SK died and one to check first chest dropped and eventually retreat before IE died...you need to do it fast and focus at least a bit.
    Not every handset could be used easily with one hand.
    I have a 4,7" display and definely needed two hands to make it comfortably since you need to keep it vertical.
    Are you serious about you trying to farm SS everyday for more than one day doing all your regular stuff?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Agamerjes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Warby View Post
    It's all about SS farming. You need to manual pass stage 1 and 2 or enemies in stage 3 are auto killed. So you need to check device 3 times.
    In all stages beside WC you needed to switch to trial or to change heroes configurations.
    You also need to accept the box asking you if you wanted to play with less than 5 heroes.
    All this small actions stacked. Even doing at lightning fast speed, required you to look at display several times per try.

SL stage required one finger to fire sniper's ultimate after SK died and one to check first chest dropped and eventually retreat before IE died...you need to do it fast and focus at least a bit.
    Not every handset could be used easily with one hand.
    I have a 4,7" display and definely needed two hands to make it comfortably since you need to keep it vertical.
    Are you serious about you trying to farm SS everyday for more than one day doing all your regular stuff?
    Of course I am serious about my activities. It is the main reason why, after reaching level 60, I cut myself down from 3 servers to 1. I know my limitations. With the one remaining server, I do everything in the daily quest list, knock out the 50 breads of Booty Caves, and, depending on gem amount 4-6 stamina resets, mostly centered around SS farming. Sunday can be time intensive, obviously, but I manage. Though I admit the last few days has been gear farming during this "double normal drop" event... it is just too good to ignore.

Am I the best player on my server? God no. Top 100? Nope, not even close. Still, I pull enough arena/GA points to keep me happy and enough SSs a day to maintain the illusion of the carrot on a stick gratification that keeps folks playing games like this.
    Life would be better with more Legos, and more naps.

Server: 58 Corvus

Agamerjes's Guide to HC Life, Universe, & Everthing:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...and-Everything

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I am disappointed in the changes and to me a lot of the reward to the game has been removed. I'm now done with my stamina in 10 minutes at the absolute most and a lot of the fun/rewarding feeling has been removed for me. I wish Ucool would have communicated this change and it would have been really nice for them to fix the other side of the loot drop spectrum as well with the change. What I mean by this is the inability to get back to back soul stones or purple drops. It would have smoothed out the curve but that's too much to ask because money drives this ship.

The best thing we as players can do is not put anymore of our hard earned money into their coffers and move on to other games with our money. That's what I will be doing which is unfortunate because the game is fun but a huge aspect of the reward for me was removed, as I previously mentioned.

Sincerely,
    A disappointed player

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    This farming method was the only way for non-vip11 player to become stronger than others with his skill, playing style and time, not a wallet only. Now gaming process is completly the same for all.. Log in, do the daylies, spend stamina(1 hour for all) and nothing to do for today. That's too boring. Guess i'm going to bring my money to "the other game", where dev's aren't so greedy, if nothing changes till the end of this month

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    i dont understand whats the fuss all about...

why farming soul stones is so much important to u guys?

Quote Originally Posted by kotvs View Post
    This farming method was the only way for non-vip11 player to become stronger than others with his skill, playing style and time, not a wallet only. Now gaming process is completly the same for all.. Log in, do the daylies, spend stamina(1 hour for all) and nothing to do for today. That's too boring. Guess i'm going to bring my money to "the other game", where dev's aren't so greedy, if nothing changes till the end of this month
    low vip SHOULD have a hard time beating a high vip... thats just reasonable, and alot of games use this same tactics not just ucool...

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 max1912's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kotvs View Post
    Can you tell me what is "the other game" deserved for you to bring your money?
    how much you spent for this game too?
    S20 - lvl90

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by max1912 View Post
    Can you tell me what is "the other game" deserved for you to bring your money?
    how much you spent for this game too?
    He's probably referring to Clash of Clans. You can spend a little or a lot of money on it- but free (or those spending $20 or less) players are treated very fairly. The major difference is that in that game your time is worth something, so your power becomes a combination of your time + money spent. Heroes Charge is 100% money spent, there is no longer a time component to help balance the equation for those spending less than $500 on a mobile game. In most of the world, spending $50-$60 on a mobile game is the very upper limit for what is reasonable to do, however that $50 barely makes a dent here- and there is no time spent component to help fill the gap.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiklysm View Post
    He's probably referring to Clash of Clans. You can spend a little or a lot of money on it- but free (or those spending $20 or less) players are treated very fairly. The major difference is that in that game your time is worth something, so your power becomes a combination of your time + money spent. Heroes Charge is 100% money spent, there is no longer a time component to help balance the equation for those spending less than $500 on a mobile game. In most of the world, spending $50-$60 on a mobile game is the very upper limit for what is reasonable to do, however that $50 barely makes a dent here- and there is no time spent component to help fill the gap.
    Well said.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    I just want them to fix the atrociously low SS drop rate. Then people don't have to resort to this tiring farming technique. I don't mind paying more stamina for more guarante because 1 SS out 6 tries is really ridiculous.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    same for me did twice Raid3x and drop 1 ss only