Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: In-Depth End Game Hero Analysis: Level 90 & Orange Gear

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Sharko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by estel View Post
    It is just personal opinions, and yes ratings should change as more information is revealed, meta changes, we learn more about the match-ups, etc. Do you prefer completely outdated information or at least attempt to update the ratings if proven wrong?

I may have downgraded psychopath too much, maybe I will leave him at 4 stars instead but at this point he doesn't seem to be much more effective than say, Warchief at equal gear level, even with his legendary quest advantage. For whatever reason, the international version of Psychopath is not as dominant as the Chinese version. 20 dodge is very real in Chinese version of the game, just google translate this.

http://www.bufan.com/dtcq/article/35114.html

I only added 0.5 star to frost mage, it is all about relative value, I believe she is slightly more vaue than 3.5 star ice mage because of her synergy with death mage. That magic resistance debuff is a huge chunk of damage for caster teams, especially once death mage gets her own magic resistance reduction aura via legendary quest for female casters.
    Estel, from your opinion for a tank which is more beneficial, 25 dodge or 70 magic resistance?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharko View Post
    Estel, from your opinion for a tank which is more beneficial, 25 dodge or 70 magic resistance?
    Dont ask such weird question like that, man. Why do you need dodge when you confront a magical team ? And vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingmore View Post
    Dont ask such weird question like that, man. Why do you need dodge when you confront a magical team ? And vice versa.
    Despite ur answer is logical thats not the answer I intended to know, we all know that. Its a matter of experience that shows what is better for the general survival of the tank depending on end game meta.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    If you want a clear answer, then it's No. I will drop 25 dodge to promote the hero; more health and more resistance = higher survivabilty. You cant always dodge, but you can always block something with your armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingmore View Post
    If you want a clear answer, then it's No. I will drop 25 dodge to promote the hero; more health and more resistance = higher survivabilty. You cant always dodge, but you can always block something with your armor.
    But the only difference in status is what I have mentioned: 25 dodge for 70 MR

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    It is just personal opinions, and yes ratings should change as more information is revealed, meta changes, we learn more about the match-ups, etc. Do you prefer completely outdated information or at least attempt to update the ratings if proven wrong?

I may have downgraded psychopath too much, maybe I will leave him at 4 stars instead but at this point he doesn't seem to be much more effective than say, Warchief at equal gear level, even with his legendary quest advantage. For whatever reason, the international version of Psychopath is not as dominant as the Chinese version. 20 dodge is very real in Chinese version of the game, just google translate this.

http://www.bufan.com/dtcq/article/35114.html

I only added 0.5 star to frost mage, it is all about relative value, I believe she is slightly more vaue than 3.5 star ice mage because of her synergy with death mage. That magic resistance debuff is a huge chunk of damage for caster teams, especially once death mage gets her own magic resistance reduction aura via legendary quest for female casters.
    thx. someusefull info.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    03/02 update:

Vanguard Warrior - Useless outside of arena, one of the most expensive heroes to gaer up, but vanguard warrior and ember blade have been one of the most popular duos among top finishers at a recent Chinese national tournament. Ember blade starts off the match as a tank and takes a few hits for faster ultimate, vanguard warrior charges in, get their whole team into a clump and ember blade does his massive aoe damage. This team almost always has a silencer who will drain entire enemy team's energy. And old curse and phoenix are usually added in for additional aoe damage. Both vanguard warrior and ember blade are vip11 heroes in China, making it a pay-to-win team. But international version ojffers them to everyone which will for sure shake up the meta here. There are several variants of this team but vanguard warrior and ember blade should be topping charts very soon. ****

Professional Killer - One of the weakest heroes in the game. Just takes too long to get his buffs stacked, until then his damage is weaker than leave shadow. In theory he would be amazing on a 4 healer team, in practice his health pool is so low any aoe damage interrupts him. On most teams by the time he has enough buffs, his team is already dead. Inferior to leave shadow in every way but fear not, big buffs are probably coming. **

New Comers
    03/02 update:

Vanguard Warrior - Useless outside of arena, one of the most expensive heroes to gaer up, but vanguard warrior and ember blade have been one of the most popular duos among top finishers at a recent Chinese national tournament. Ember blade starts off the match as a tank and takes a few hits for faster ultimate, vanguard warrior charges in, get their whole team into a clump and ember blade does his massive aoe damage. This team almost always has a silencer who will drain entire enemy team's energy. And old curse and phoenix are usually added in for additional aoe damage. Both vanguard warrior and ember blade are vip11 heroes in China, making it a pay-to-win team. But international version ojffers them to everyone which will for sure shake up the meta here. There are several variants of this team but vanguard warrior and ember blade should be topping charts very soon. ****

Professional Killer - One of the weakest heroes in the game. Just takes too long to get his buffs stacked, until then his damage is weaker than leave shadow. In theory he would be amazing on a 4 healer team, in practice his health pool is so low any aoe damage interrupts him. On most teams by the time he has enough buffs, his team is already dead. Inferior to leave shadow in every way but fear not, big buffs are probably coming. **
    Maybe you don't like fallen dominion I think your guide is really usefull but can't be complete without the arena dominator for now. Be sure..not a criticism, I really appreciate your good job.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    03/03 Update:

Ancient Protector: One of the most interesting heroes in a while. He starts out as a decent tank with entangling roots to keep arcane sapper and other physical damage characters in their place. He has a heal over time that also increases target armor by 180 for 5 seconds. But this hero is clearly built around his ultimate, which moves him to the backline and start playing plant vs zombies! There are three types of plants he summons: peashooter with ranged physical damage, exploding plants magical splash damage on contact, and sun flower to refill energy to create more exploding plants. Notice as a tank, he does not have any defensive skills, and his gear is also not on say, Admiral or Shallow Keeper's level when it comes to defensive stats. He is definitely not solo tank material. However, he does extremely well when he is offtank, or when he is backed by cleric or even arcane sapper who can get in and take some hits for him to cast his ultimate. His ultimate allows your team to go from double tank to 4DPS and really throws the opponent off guard. On Chinese servers he has top tier comps when paired with legendary cleric to keep him alive, and he also does some of the highest sustained raid damage in the game, immune to boss knock back attacks (huge against Chapter 14 raid boss) and his plants cast full damage from long distance the entire match. Throw in an armor debuff from savage one, leave shadow physical damage buff, tusked storm ultimate, and his plants really tear bosses up. He is great against phoenix boss in Outland portal as well, if you let him grow his plants before the egg comes out. ****

Fallen Dominion: Along with Vanguard Warrior and Ember Blade, one of the three VIP11 characters from Chinese servers made free in international release, and it really shakes up the meta. Huge sustained damage, an ultimate that turns him from melee to ranged, increases his attack power and makes him immune to crowd control effects! Mirror image on top of the highest life steal in the game with good sustained damage output gives him unparalleled durability as a DPS hero. His magic resistance is low and he is countered by caster teams in arena, but once you add his brother (arcane sapper, in actual DOTA lore!) to the equation he is harder to stop. Coupled with excellent raid damage output, just a great value. ****

Shadow Shaman: Only has one quality move, the anti-death shield which does not scale with gear but absorbs well over 10000 damage at level 90 regardless of gear. He is very valuable as a 2-star character for end game magic/physical trials (especially when 7 and 8 are released in a few months). If you have problem with either one of these, give him a try at 2 stars and his damage shield will allow your tanks (say death mage) to survive against the huge damage from these trials. Unfortunately he is very inconsistent with its casting in arena and rest of his skills just don't have good synergy. His damage over time spell is weak, his heal is not as good as chaplain and his armor debuff is some what useful when stacked with savage one and/or poison one. But for the most part, a hero that serves almost all of his purpose at 2-stars and we just haven't seen any real reason to invest beyond 2-stars and one skill for end game contents. **

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    estel, thx for the great info.
    I just want to add 1 thing so u can consider to update: the cost of gear, some heroes are bound to be super strong and multi useage, BUT it comes with the painful cost, while other is not.
    For example: SS is super cheap to gear up to p4 and helpful in many way ^^

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunkai View Post
    What about Professional Killer and Lightning Elemental? Neither were mentioned and I drew them from my first two gold chests. Did I luck out or am I just out of luck?
    You have a really bad luck drawing those 2. PK is just bad (estel wrote the reason)the only use I found with him is in early physical trials. LE is slightly better than PK, he's good when you still don't have a guild w/ DK for crusade at the beginning but loses his purpose later on. Though when he get his legendary skill which saps enemies of their energy when he dies, maybe we'll see him being useful again.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Well I really like Shadow Shaman btw, he's not a great character but his death guard is really handy in many situations, also armour debuff could be paired with SO and PO for effective raids. Deserved a place in the physical team, however not that great with PvE, I may get him to 4* to get more sturdy then leave him as that.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Really good job u've done here estel.. What do you think about hidden needle, pilot and phoenix?

nice job here, you should put hero avatar in front of each description to be super clean

You changed the paragraph about Depth's Voice since the last time I looked here, I just got Silencer today and came to look at this post because DV had a comment about 3 heroes, DV, Silencer and ??? that make a super solid team with the 2 spots being up to preference. Who was the third hero, was it Psychopath?

Nevermind, I found a copy of the original DV synopsis on page 3 from when you initially added her