Thread: Newb Questions Thread

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Newb Questions Thread

hey Guys,

so Ill start.

im pretty new so i have some questions.

I got myself some new heroes and i looked into the heroe guides etc.

My Main Setup ATM is: Old Curse - shadow leaf - emberstar - ice mage - iron hoof (all are Lvl 29 Blue)

i also got Mystic / windmaster / Shallow Keeper / Savage One and Sniper

so Iron hoof is a 3 star tank, i wonder why he is never mentioned in any guide. Is he that bad? Would you suggest to swap something on the main build or should i just keep running the main build?

Thanks for your Help!

and btw. since im winning arena i do not get any gems anymore like before even when i made like 2k places?! What happened?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Hi,
    IH is one of the best tanks.
    Your main team is ok. Farm it.
    You will receive your reward at 21.oo o'clock from arena

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    IH is in top 3 of tanks (at 90 maybe one of top 4) he is mostly used for magic combs like ur running currently but physics dominate
    emberstar is realy weak in arena she has one of lowest hp i would use windmaster or mystic instead would need to see which would work better together

awesome, thanks for the help guys.

gotta check mythic next then. If you have any other suggestions pls tell me.

Currently i keep farming and lvling. Do you think i should safe gems to spend on 10x chest? so maybe i can get death mage or something like this? Or just lvl up ?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    It's a good idea.
    Try the chest.so you have chance to take a good hero.

Suggestion

The main reason you dont see Iron Hoof in a lot of guides is he just became available to the free to play community.

For your arena/campaign team I would suggest grabbing Commando from the Crusade vendor and running:

Iron Hoof, Shadowleaf, Wind Master, Commando, and Old Curse.

That is a very good team for starting out. You can level all of them with confidence.

Also ...

You will get lots of advice on this forum. Some good and some well not so good. The #1 thing to keep in mind is that different combinations of heroes are "best" at different team level ranges. For example I've told you to use Wind Master right now. But some people who are lvl 70+ will tell you not to because she does drop off in how "elite" she is once you get to that level. Dont get discouraged by not having all of the "elite" heroes right away. Use and level the best you have at the time and then when you get something better you can choose to stop using a hero that has lost their effectiveness at your level. Just play around with the combinations and have fun. Thats the point anyways

i will for sure get the commando. Hope iŽll get him the next 2-3 days. How could u get IH before ? Could you just buy him for gems or what?

Yeah as it seems wind master seems to be good at early game. So the question if i can afford to put so much money into a champ which is kinda bad lategame.

btw. i am vip lvl 4 right now. How long will i stay vip lvl 4?

bump

+ 1 more Question: Would you suggest keep going on Iron hoof as a tank or should i switch to War chief as soon as i get him?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Yeah. You should swap the wc with the iron hoof. Iron hoof stands good in early games, but he will get pretty useless in endgames. so, just farm the war chief every day. You will regret it if you don't work on him.
    Check out my videos for crusade, raid instances, heroes review.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvedZaTaI0ysaD3ODx-TdWQ

allright thanks man. I will do so.

One thing. I have seen a third chest in youtube. A soulstone chest where u can pay like 400 gems to get a hero. How do you unlock that chest ? Bc i only got that 2 random chests.

vip11+ for mystic chest