Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IAP currency issue

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Dear UCOOL, thanks to VAT I really dont want to renew my monthly card or buy gems. Its a cellphone game, theres NO WAY Im going to pay 3.13 euros for 120 daily gems when the first time I payed you 2.51 euros. I want same value for my money.

2.51 euros bought me 120 gems per day
    3.13 euros must buy 150 gems per day

( simple math)

Time to review your prices.

Any comment from UCOOL about this? It is a blatant 20% price increase.

New Comers
    Google VAT Post
    This is a 20-25% increase in price that offers no benefit for the buyer and also the price is not updated in game. uCool should either recalculate the price to fit the new tax system or change the amount of gems received for the new price. I'm sure that nobody wants to pay 25% more to receive the same amount of gems as before.

The silence from UCOOL team doesnt fill me with confidence on this matter to be honest. EU-players are getting the short end of the stick everywhere - Steam store, Kinguin, etc. Its like players from EU are 25% richer than people in US.

Banned Contributor Level 3
    It's not just in Europe, in Canada we have to pay extra now too...please ucool increase the amount of gems we get for the purchases. We got a 25% increase in price as well.

Seems they do no want confront the VAT issue. Silence for a week.

Meanwhile...
    Small sample with Golden package of gems

99.99 USD ( 87,5 euros )
    Russians buy it under 80 euros.
    Europeans and others with that nasty VAT buy it slightly under 105 euros.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    U can easily check other game prices when the pack is 99.99$ is already valued with the V.A.T.!!! So u pay around 84 !! So change the price indicated like its 99.99 and I pay 107!!! Make it real like 122$ and plz stop those marketing crap with the new eu law at android/ios. I dont want to see 100$ and pay 122$! Fix this and then u will see how it will affect your customers when they see the real number. To finish, check other games how they adopted the situation and dont take advantage of us. Greed "kills".

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I don't know if it's them being greedy though. From their perspective, if they lower the basic cost of gems for EU (before VAT is added), then non-EU / VAT affected areas will ask why do the VAT affected areas get a discount just because of region, and complain. Alternatively, it could be a sliding bar, where the VAT is always set to match the U.S. rate, which means if they started devaluing gems on EU, the VAT covers the difference and increases (if less likely).

Ignoring these two points, which I concede as probably weak by itself, you are asking them to devalue their own income rates. UCool does not get the VAT, so you're essentially asking for a free "hardship" discount from the rest of the world..which points back to my initial statement. UCool is then in a Catch-22, where if they bring the US prices/value down to the new EU/etc. adjustment rate, then EU is still paying more for the same, restarting the loop (with UCool making less and less profits). Also, changes to the gem system (i.e. throttling gem intake or increasing it) will have significant if subtle impacts on the game's economy/balance.
    --
    Sidebar: This is similar in a way to the situation depicted in the Pushcart War, except that UCool doesn't gain a perceived efficiency bonus the further they make adjustments, and instead just loses money unless the VAT severely dries up the countries that are affected from the market. If they do nothing, they still lose money, but maintain game balance on either side of the coin whether most of their customers are in affected markets or outside affected markets. If it's an edge case here, then they might be prompted to take action, but I wouldn't count on it.

TL/DR: I would complain with the people implementing VAT, not UCool.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Hello

I disagree with that what You wrote, Observious. Tax was a long time ago in EU interactive industrial, but was paid only by an EU developers to each specific country (UK devs paid tax in UK etc ets). No tax was paid by offboard countries (they just take money from customers and did not send it back as income tax.). Now change was done in law so iApp, androstore etc take money for UE ad hoc as a Vat tax. Problem that u got right is in lowering income of uCool and other off EU countries. They just feel loss of money. (for example i paid 5th Jan normal price and Vat was included.) Ucool then rised up they net price to coprehense income loss and in that case pass vat to next buyer in that case to Us, gamers. Its a policy "where u solding, there pay tax" - everyone pay them but now again it seems nothing change for uCool (they earn same money regardless local economy)

New Comers Contributor Level 1
    oh well time to stop paying and probably stop playing this game. If UCool thinks passing on the cost to the customer was wise then they lose customers. Hopefully your decision is right. Charging the tax on customers outweighs the amount of customers no longer willing to give you money.
    I can now save money or spend it on where other developers are willing to actually charge the consumer the prices they state in their stores

New Comers
    the monthly card is now nearly $5 aud. I really wanted to buy this month, but i probably wont.. it is getting so expensive to buy virtual currency. I like heroes charge... bummed.