Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queston: Is Frost Mage better than Machinist/Ice Mage/ Imperial Executioner?

Gold Member Contributor Level 7

Queston: Is Frost Mage better than Machinist/Ice Mage/ Imperial Executioner?

Hello everybody,

My uestion is written in the title: Is Frost Mage really that good?
    I will use Panda, Ice Mage, Machinist, Mystic and Imperial Executioner or Succubus in my magic team. Is the Frost Mage better than any off these characters?
    I will keep the Ice Mage due to the availability of her 5th skill at 90

Thanks for replies.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar

If you mean the art of support, yes, Frost Mage is arguably the best one among your options next to Ice Mage.

Don't be confused but Frost Mage is not the best damage dealer in your options. In fact, she is maybe one of the weakest DPS there but she shines in supporting your team, specially other mages. She gives a ton of armor as "buff" to one your heroes, commonly the tank! And her purple skill basically makes your opponent prone to receiving higher magic based damages due to lowering magic resistance. If lucky, she can deal a lot of damages with her Ultimate Skill if her frost ball bounces to compressed heroes as this is a mini-AoE skill.

So yeah, you basically team her up with the likes of Old Curse, Machinist, Death Mage, Ice Mage, Mystic etc.

Thank you for your quick reply

Would you recommend a team with Tank, Mystic, Frost Mage and 2 magic DPS heroes?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    For arena:
    Panda (or wc) oc fm mystic com

For garena
    Sk (or ih) oc(dm) fm mystic machinist(dm)

For arena com is still a must for buff and for 1st stun
    But be carefull that oc has highest int than mystic

I wouldnt recomend it tbh as double silence (sl,dm or silencer) will own it

Thank you for your (quite popular) opinion, but i know the standard arena teams, my team is for attacking

I wondered if someone with experience at using Frost Mage could tell me if she is really that good?

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    She makes a lot of difference on how much magic damage your team deals, yea. Her damage is subpar, but she helps your team a lot, and raises the survivability of your tank, so in the long run, I like her as support better than Ice Mage (you can go ahead and keep her leveled, run her on your third garena team, she's pretty good as well).

Also, she wrecks crusade if you time her ult with succubus knockback (and DM ult if you have her) better than any other mage I've ever tried, because of the small AoE. On arena, that same AoE may deal tons of damage, but it's not that often. Sometimes against sapper teams she won't ult at all.

So I think she fills the same role of Ice Mage, but does it better on most matchups. I've played around with both for quite some time, and that's my opinion on the subject.

Machinist and Imperial have a lot of single target damage, so it may be redundant to run both on the same team, unless it's part of your strat, so have that in mind too.

Thank you for your detailed reply

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Uber Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracolord View Post
    My question is written in the title: Is Frost Mage really that good?
    I will use Panda, Ice Mage, Machinist, Mystic and Imperial Executioner or Succubus in my magic team. Is the Frost Mage better than any off these characters?
    I will keep the Ice Mage due to the availability of her 5th skill at 90
    Frost Mage is plain awesome in magic compositions. Her purple skill allow your team to wreck oponents landing a shitton of magic critical hits which is just amazing.

IMO you should bech IE/Succ and use her as 5th member.

Thank you for your reply, i'll take Panda (IH later), Mystic, Imperial Executioner/ Machinist, Succubus and Frost Mage

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8 kenzoblu's Avatar
    Use FM with Iron Hoof. Iron Hoof will compress the enemy formation, and FM ulti have a chance to do massive damage with the mini aoe.

To add on, her purple skill reduces about 65 magic resistance at level 82, and some strength or agi heroes have only around 60 magic resistance.

And at 0 magic resistance, any magic taken is 100% crit...... that's like doubling your magic dps.

Alright, that sounds pretty good

I'll use her in my magic formation

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8 kenzoblu's Avatar
    Yup, at 0 magic resistance and your mages have at least 100 magic crit, which most of the dps mages have more than 100.

That's new to me, but sounds more than good

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    FM is tottaly sux
    i tried every setup
    but still not good
    i have him
    lvl 88
    purple 4 full enchant
    5 stars

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by duke_ibra View Post
    FM is tottaly sux
    i tried every setup
    but still not good
    i have him
    lvl 88
    purple 4 full enchant
    5 stars
    i find fm to be really good in crusade. especially when you charge up her ultimate skill, it can kill off teams with tank/tank or tank/sapper quite easily.