Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Get some mods PLEASE

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar
    Their holiday vacations are indeed long :P

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber Star View Post
    i think mods should have contributor lvl 6+ to apply.
    I agree, I just wanted to bring awareness. The forum needs active moderators.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 BadFerret's Avatar
    It isnt only the spam. Its also that there are 2 million threads on the same topic. We have some good sticky threads but nobody (espespially new members) use them.
    There are so many topics "Which hero next promote/farm?" or "Need help with my team" that there should be a collecting thread about that.
    Also there should be a penalty for not using the search function. So many topics on questions that could be answered with using one single word in the search.
    So damn annoying.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    i think mods should have contributor lvl 6+ to apply.
    i think if they ever chose to recruit people from outside their organization, that forum post count would not be a criteria whatsoever. Sounds like the dumbest simplistic requirement in the history of requirements.

I'm sure after they see how popular this game has become and as such the forums, they will make an attempt to have their presence more felt in the forums. I hope, at least.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Uber Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkragen View Post
    i think if they ever chose to recruit people from outside their organization, that forum post count would not be a criteria whatsoever. Sounds like the dumbest simplistic requirement in the history of requirements.

I'm sure after they see how popular this game has become and as such the forums, they will make an attempt to have their presence more felt in the forums. I hope, at least.
    you have lack of comprehension.

If you want to recruit mods you can have a lot of requeriments. Contributor lvl could be one of many, not the only one.

Same to you.

Just like you, I never once stated this shoudn't be the ONLY requirement. I stated this shouldn't be A requirement whatsoever, "A", singular.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkragen View Post

its a criteria for a volunteer, i dont think an outsider will want to volunteer to be an admin of those forums...

and i do think that the contribution lvl is important in that case, because by being active along time u know the forum and ucool can see ur history and decide if they do want u to be a mod...

on the other hand, i really doubt they will make anyone a mod or improve the forum anytime soon... many threads about that subject have been opened, they replied 1 then deleted it, rest of them got ignored...

its sad but thats how it is...
    i do hope ucool will do somthing about that situation before everybody here will move to reddit or some other platform...

peace

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetieskid View Post
    Maybe its not a good idea to chose you as a moderator. You did not even find the right forum for this. Everybody forgets, that there are more displays than "gameplays and guides".

Would have been better in "Suggestions". And if you had checked there, you would have recognize that there is also a thread about this topic.
    for the watch!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12

If you want to recruit mods you can have a lot of requirements. Contributor lvl could be one of many, not the only one.
    With a reasonable benefit, I would raise my hand for that.

'I'm sorry but we have no budget for it!' = you shouldn't ask too much, a helping hand does not have to be a golden hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Donelle View Post
    its a criteria for a volunteer, i dont think an outsider will want to volunteer to be an admin of those forums...

and i do think that the contribution lvl is important in that case, because by being active along time u know the forum and ucool can see ur history and decide if they do want u to be a mod...

on the other hand, i really doubt they will make anyone a mod or improve the forum anytime soon... many threads about that subject have been opened, they replied 1 then deleted it, rest of them got ignored...

its sad but thats how it is...
    i do hope ucool will do somthing about that situation before everybody here will move to reddit or some other platform...

peace
    We can agree to disagree. =)

I'm not here to convince anyone of my opinion, because it is simply just that, an opinion, and I am choosing to voice it.

It is sad that the forums are a mess. However, I am an optimist, and believe that uCool will get their act together. I posted some time ago, that I saw the Heroes Charge commercial on ESPN during the morning. You need to be making a good amount of profit to be producing a commercial scheduled to be aired during peak hours. If they care enough about the game to promote it to make more money, then I want to believe they will care enough to help clean up the forums. Like another fellow poster said, this forum makes uCool and the game feel quite unprofessional.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BadFerret View Post
    Maybe its not a good idea to chose you as a moderator. You did not even find the right forum for this. Everybody forgets, that there are more displays than "gameplays and guides".

Would have been better in "Suggestions". And if you had checked there, you would have recognize that there is also a thread about this topic.
    Please man don't argue about nothing. I posted here because it is the most active part of the forum, no doubt. And yes, I checked all the other topics, some of them are FULL of spams and I mean it is all just spams. At the end of the day I just wanted to bring awareness, more than there is at the moment because I do think this game deserves a clean and useful forum, a place where everyone can discuss their interests. At the moment the forum is not at that level, not even close.

It is really funny how spammer can put out 100 threads and every second thread on most forums could be answered when the user would have used the search function, used one of the sticky threads or there would be a usefull display for Heroes/Strategy. But if there is any advertisment about another game or sth is deleted within seconds.

Its not all about an active moderator. Also the forum is not organised very well. Gameplay and Guides is the most used display cause it collects 90% of the informations users need on one display. UCool should make a display like this:

Heroes Charge
    • Official News
    • Gameplay and Guides
      • Team Composition
      • Heroes
        • Heroes Comparison
        • Arcane Zapper
        • Admiral
        • Brute
    • Entertainment
    • Guild Recruitment
    • Suggestions and Feedback
    • Localization
    • In-Game Issues
    • Billing Issues
    • Off Topic

So questions on specific heroes can be answered in the display of the heroes itself.
    Questions about "which hero is better?" can be answered in the comparison thread.
    Generell questions about "how to make the team" can be answered in Team Compositions.
    etc...

Also i think its important to give penalties for not using the search function and openening a thread about a already answered question or putting it in the wrong area.

For everything you get one strike and with the 3rd strike you get a 3 day ban.

For creating a second forum account there should be a permanent ban.

Mods should move threads to the right section everytime something is at the wrong place.

Think it's a big progress, but with the game crowing so fast the forum will get more and more users. So it will get harder the longer you wait.

just my 2 cents on the topic.
    for the watch!

+1

We need mods!

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    The community need moderators ASAP!!!!

Or it wil die...fast...

Administrator Contributor Level 1 Metatron's Avatar
    Hi there, we've been observing the issue. You'll see a few minor adjustments in the forum while it's being addressed.