Thread: Swordmaster... worth it?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Swordmaster... worth it?

I've been collecting Swordmasetrs's SS for months, now I'm almost there, 70/80. I spent a hell of resources on him, I could have focused on other heroes, my greatest regrets are Arcane Sapper and Mystic, not talking about Riflemane and Frost Mage, but yeah, I had in mind since the very beginning of the game this goal, so leave considerations about my decision out of here. Now, stating that there's no chance in this world I'm even thinking about collecting SS in order to get him to 4 stars, all I want to know from those lucky-crazy users that got him... was it worth it? Is he useful in some way, even 3 stars? Maybe for raids or Grand Arena? Let me know...

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    a 4 star will always be better imo. we have some vip 15 on my server and they don't use him in GA because he is 3 star.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    You made a mistake. SM should be the last hero to be collected. After you have collected almost all heroes at 5 stars, you will have a lot of spare SS from chests for exchange and can get him 5 stars pretty quickly (2-3 months). Getting him the way you are doing is the worst idea because it compromises your team so much whereas a 3 star SM is basically useless outside guild raid.

Quote Originally Posted by flexr View Post
    You made a mistake. SM should be the last hero to be collected. After you have collected almost all heroes at 5 stars, you will have a lot of spare SS from chests for exchange and can get him 5 stars pretty quickly (2-3 months). Getting him the way you are doing is the worst idea because it compromises your team so much whereas a 3 star SM is basically useless outside guild raid.
    Nothing to say I guess, I was so obsessed with this hero I didn't think about the long run, my fault. Besides guild raid I think I can use him in my third Gran Arena team since I don't have 15 4+ star heroes at the moment, my average rank is 70-200.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg94 View Post
    Nothing to say I guess, I was so obsessed with this hero I didn't think about the long run, my fault. Besides guild raid I think I can use him in my third Gran Arena team since I don't have 15 4+ star heroes at the moment, my average rank is 70-200.
    You're a bit rush when collecting SM when rank 70-200. If you focus on collecting useful heroes like OC/WC/Mystic/AS/Panda/DK/FM ... you could be around top 10-50.

I wouldn't say SM is not a good hero, but 3* SM won't match those 5* heroes like WC/OC/AS/Mystic, you need to upgrade him to 4* where you find he is much more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    You're a bit rush when collecting SM when rank 70-200. If you focus on collecting useful heroes like OC/WC/Mystic/AS/Panda/DK/FM ... you could be around top 10-50.

I wouldn't say SM is not a good hero, but 3* SM won't match those 5* heroes like WC/OC/AS/Mystic, you need to upgrade him to 4* where you find he is much more useful.
    I have WC 4*, OC 4*, AS only 2* (45/50 (my greatest regret, I know how dominant he is)), Mystic only 3*, Panda 3* (collecting SS for 4* (40/100)), DK 3*, Death Mage 4*, Rifleman 3*, Succubus and Commando 5*, Machinist, Leaves and Chap 3*, 4 very soon. No FM at the moment. As I said I already realized the mistake, at the beginning I wasn't so focused on the strategy, when I realized the all thing I was already 50+/80, I just decided to go and achieve this goal... self harm you'll say, you're right for sure, but I just wanna get this fu..ing Swordmaster now since I spent that amount of resources on him for months, I guess it's a psychological thing, just let me summon him so I can rest in peace.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Uber Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg94 View Post
    I spent a hell of resources on him, I could have focused on other heroes
    I assume that you spent guild and crusade coins on extra SS. If yes, then you just made a huge mistake.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I'm still at 3 stones...
    =(
    I will follow the advice and just try to gather then when I'm with a lot of 5 stars heroes

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Swordmaster is a good raid hero and can be a helpful arcane counter. With the exception of that, he is not worth the amount of resources he costs unless you just get him with extra stones that you happen to get while trying to finish other heroes from bronze chest.

The last 4* orange swordmaster i fought lasted about 7 seconds against my C team in grand arena. The 3 people with 5* swordmasters in my server rarely even use him in any of their grand arena teams.
    Level: 90 Server: 18 VIP: 13 Leader of Top Guild on Server/ All Heroes Power: 446,864

New Comers
    I just exchange 1000 crusade points and read this thread.. Thanks..

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Soul shop is relatively new concept on my server, and I'm 19k soul coins into my sm. Naturally I maxed out commando and mystic, so this goes up by approximately 2k a day (after hard mode kicked in, and it's shame to waste dragon coins on anything else), so at minimum it'll tke me another 39 days to get it (3*), and another two month to make it 4*, thus being competitive. How good is he in physical combos?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Mullets View Post
    Soul shop is relatively new concept on my server, and I'm 19k soul coins into my sm. Naturally I maxed out commando and mystic, so this goes up by approximately 2k a day (after hard mode kicked in, and it's shame to waste dragon coins on anything else), so at minimum it'll tke me another 39 days to get it (3*), and another two month to make it 4*, thus being competitive. How good is he in physical combos?
    Even at 5* he isn't good enough to use in Arena because if you have him at 5* you will also have most other heroes at 5* orange maxed gear.

Stop while you can, don't waste any more resources.

Swordmaster is acceptable in guild raids and Phoenix portal boss but that's it.

I have 35 SM stones and I regret every single stone.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    I didn't waste them, and waiting for summoner. Thanks for the advise.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLon View Post
    Even at 5* he isn't good enough to use in Arena because if you have him at 5* you will also have most other heroes at 5* orange maxed gear.

Stop while you can, don't waste any more resources.

Swordmaster is acceptable in guild raids and Phoenix portal boss but that's it.

I have 35 SM stones and I regret every single stone.
    So is the general consensus that SM isn't worth it?