Thread: Recommended usage of diamonds?

Recommended usage of diamonds?

So it seems to me that there are a large number of people who advocate buying stamina with diamonds in order to increase one's general progression. This is rather atypical of these sorts of "freemium" games due to the relatively more farmable nature of Heroes Charge's content, and frankly rather new to me. I'd just like to confirm the general consensus of the community on this topic - should I prioritize buying some stamina every day, or should I spend it on something else like 10 golden chests, and try my luck?

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    The thing with buying stamina is to keep ahead of the average players so you get higher arena rewards thus getting free diamond. I buy about 6 or 7 staminas a day I get arena rewards of 250 gems and another 150 from caves and another 120 from monthly card. easily letting buy those without much out of my pocket.

The faster you maintain higher arena rank the better off you are.

now the case changes at 80 I think because of the extremely long level process and the amount of gear you lack. maybe buying gear and magic stone chest is better then.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    In the early stage, team lvl is the most important. Thus you should buy as much as possible. Later on when you get to high lvl and your ranking is established, you can afford to tone down stamina purchases and spend it on sth elses like gears or more elite resets,

To show why it's important at low lvls. Let's say your opponent is VIP 11 and he bought 4 times more stam than you everyday. That's 480 team xp per day, 4800 after 10 days. At lvl 40, 4800 xp is like 2-3 lvls difference and there's no way in hell you can beat him, but at 81, that's just 1 lvl difference, thus it's not as important.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8 kenzoblu's Avatar
    If you just started, and you invested in some gems (vip4-5), you could try 10 gold chest, but not more. So if you are lucky, you can save some resources from levelling unnecessary heroes that need to be replaced from purple onwards.

Keep your gems for stamina. As many of them said, keep up with the team level of your desired arena rank.

To add on, CC skills depends on level, to get a 100% stun/freeze, which is important before the server matures to 80, (now 90) as if you are 40 vs 42, you face the risk of your heroes CC skill having no effect.

Daily difference in arena coins over the period adds up to a lot of differences in redemption speed of OC/panda.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    It's especially important if you're starting on a new server. Just unlocking stuff like trials/time rift/crusade earlier is HUGE. Not only for the gold or items, but the dailies from these features give you even more team exp to get more ahead.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar
    I'll make fabulous earrings, rings, pendants, and lockets out of those diamonds and make myself fabulous too. Just kidding! But everyone above me answered it already.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by flexr View Post
    In the early stage, team lvl is the most important. Thus you should buy as much as possible. Later on when you get to high lvl and your ranking is established, you can afford to tone down stamina purchases and spend it on sth elses like gears or more elite resets,

To show why it's important at low lvls. Let's say your opponent is VIP 11 and he bought 4 times more stam than you everyday. That's 480 team xp per day, 4800 after 10 days. At lvl 40, 4800 xp is like 2-3 lvls difference and there's no way in hell you can beat him, but at 81, that's just 1 lvl difference, thus it's not as important.
    Thats not true because when your at lvl 80 which probably took at least 60 days, your opponent is already almost 30k exp ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by wfthong View Post
    Thats not true because when your at lvl 80 which probably took at least 60 days, your opponent is already almost 30k exp ahead of you.
    So? Lvl 89 to 90 is 160k so at 89 we still have the same lvl. He just get to 90 around 2 weeks faster but will stuck at that lvl for a few more months so the gems spent feel wasted. Gems that could be spent on gears etc.

Actually one should consider their gem income before deciding how much stamina to buy. I make around 550-600 gems per day, that's why I'm able to afford 5-6 resets, if your income is lower, try reducing the amount of purchases so that you can last longer. Sustainability is the key.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by flexr View Post
    So? Lvl 89 to 90 is 160k so at 89 we still have the same lvl. He just get to 90 around 2 weeks faster but will stuck at that lvl for a few more months so the gems spent feel wasted. Gems that could be spent on gears etc.

Actually one should consider their gem income before deciding how much stamina to buy. I make around 550-600 gems per day, that's why I'm able to afford 5-6 resets, if your income is lower, try reducing the amount of purchases so that you can last longer. Sustainability is the key.
    Wow... 89-90 is 160k. thx for the info. And you compared lvl 81 earlier. Now you're comparing at lvl 90.
    I dont need to argue with you anymore. You win.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    the stamina purchases at some point isnt that relevant in terms of team exp, BUT u will need it for items, it will make a huge diffrance of how fast u can promote and how many heroes u can have... after saying that, i agree with flexr that it all depands on ur gem income...

Wow... 89-90 is 160k. thx for the info. And you compared lvl 81 earlier. Now you're comparing at lvl 90.
    I am not very sure if you fully understood what I wrote. When I mentioned the lvl in the example, I am trying to show the effect of not buying stamina for the same period of time at low lvl vs high lvl. The effect is much worse at low lvl because the level difference is higher due to lower team xp cap which means your team has lower chance to beat the opponent. Now let say you keep up with your opponent until lvl 80, then decided to buy less stamina, you will not fall behind as much, maybe maximum 1 lvl and you can still beat the opponent easily with a fully equipped team. I am not sure why you mention after 60 days blah blah. Did I ever said anything about limiting stamina purchase permanently? Of course the one who fall short on stamina right from the start stand no chance to win but that's not the point I am talking about.

My point is at high lvl, team xp is no longer the main priority, it's the hero stars, gears and enchantments that are more important. When you buy stam, it's mostly for the SS or gear frags, not so much for team xp so you have the choice to stop whenever you feel you have enough. There's no need to buy and spend all stamina points forcefully like when you are low lvl.

Ok maybe I am a little bit off with the statistics but this is supposed to be a hypothetical example to illustrate my point. If you want to disagree, fine go ahead but attack the point, not red hairing like that.

actually 80-90 is 150k team exp. 26k 89-90

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    From my own experiences:

I didnt use gems for stamina, I use my gem to refresh heroes stages in elite mode, in order to have the most stars quickly (at lvl 65 -> WC 5*) . Sometimes I refresh stamina to complete elite stage or a special item but not often. I have to say that gems are really usefull when goblin merchant or godfather show up to buy a lot of cheese. Im very disapointed because before it was 40 cheese for 100 gems now it cost a lot more to get get this amount of cheese in one time.

So my advice:
    _use gem to refresh elite stage
    _buy cheese from merchants

cheese isnt necessary I have 15 heroes level 75 and about 8 more from 63-72. I don't buy cheese since the 1.6 update. maybe I bought 300 cheese total which is 1 hero from 1 to 75.

team level is 75.