Thread: Bullying & Impacts of Loss of Influence

Bullying & Impacts of Loss of Influence

Unfortunately the design of COE is to encourage the bullying of players. The whole game design is set up that there is no way to defend where a group of players targets one player.

Even if the player can enlist the help of fellow guild members close to them there really is nothing that can stop a group of players determined to remove a player from a location on the map. And there is nothing that the player themselves can do to counter the reduction of influence of each attack. At best the victim's guild may be able to do is take out a couple of players of the group attacking but that isn't necessarily going to stop the removal of their guild member from their current location. This is especially true if the attackers have access to resources glitches or alts to supply their attacking city.

BUT not only does the victim get forceably moved .. they get to suffer negatively impacts from the deduction in influence for months (at TH lvl 9 it takes about 1.5 months before his influence can be restored) My experience is that the reduced influence effects the following ...

1. Production rates of your resource fields (this is clearly seen on your fields)
    2. Maximum Resources that your resources fields can hold (Maximum capacity of each resource field seems to be reduced by negative production rate as well)
    3. Amount of resources that you can see and collect in Matches and Map attacks from other players is also reduced (also seems to be impacted by the negative production rate)

Whilst I know Evony needs to make money for this game to continue ... as it stands at the moment I can see that only 2 groups of people will be able to prosper at this game .. those that have vast amounts of money to spend on gems .. and those who build multiple alts to supply their main accounts with resources. Those who do not have money to spend or follow the rules over alts will be penalized not only because they will naturally grow slower ... but they will also not have alts/gems to counter the reduction in resources available from production or available from other players in match/map attacks that results from the impact loss of influence.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    First I would stop calling it bullying as this is a war game and you will be attacked....using bullying makes it sound like you are whining.

Personally I think that using the revenge button after being attacked should get your influence back. I started a post/poll on this idea: http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...back-influance

as for what you can do now. about the only thing you can do is have your members hit them and drain their goods. Now i know there is still a glitch out there to get resources and i just wish i knew what it was. So at the moment that doesn't help you much.

I do think that moving people is an important part of the game and you should be able to work as a team to move people out of an area. I think they need to be careful not to make it too difficult to do.
    I also believe that alts should factor into the thinking around this as well. Right now Heavytek for example has an allaince named HeavyAlt. Anybody want to guess what type of accounts are in this other alliance?
    Right now you can farm an alt an have no influence drop on the alt but you have taken all the resources. There is only 2 reasons to attack somebody, either to move them or to take there resources. If you go in and take most of somebody's resources they should loose influence. this means that the more you farm your alt the quicker it will port away from you....It also means the more you farm your alt the less resources it will produce. The more difficult you make it to have alts the fewer people will have alts.

Yes it is a war game. But in war a country can supply help to an individual. Here there is no mechanism for either the individual to help defend their own city with anything to counter the loss of influence .. or for the guild to defend that individual in any way that will make a difference.

To move a player is easy in the current COE set up .. just have 3 or 4 people attack that player and they are moved out quickly. At least in Age I or II of evony a player has options to defend against that many attackers. Here there is none and that was the point I was trying to make. It is way too easy to move a player by just having a few players gang up on them.

i personnally being one of those players moved i was hit 35 times while offline and force ported now with neg 90% production and no resources how are you suppose to train troops for a revenge hit?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbrush08_78170 View Post
    i personnally being one of those players moved i was hit 35 times while offline and force ported now with neg 90% production and no resources how are you suppose to train troops for a revenge hit?
    easy - fill ur racks before u log off!!

and yes there is a way for ur guild to help when a player is getting jumped by multiple ppl.. its the same as we did on age1 - bring more of ur guildies over to hit them back, duh!!!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    you also have 10 days to use revenge before the report is cleared out.
    I too was one that was ported, this option won't prevent you from being ported if you are being attacked by a determined opponent, but it could make it more difficult if you are online and will help you get your influence back if you get ported when you are off line.