Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Counter Master Mage Team

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Counter Master Mage Team

There was a thread about these topic but it seems, it was deleted.
    I still have problems with MM teams in war of gods. Devastator, Manipulator and Rose Fencer aren't a save solution in most cases and variations I tried them. So please post some examples for a FULL team (please without ER, he is not released on newer servers yet and I'm not VIP11) that can beat MM teams in most cases, if possible without using so much core heroes to save them for another fight

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    I hate threads like this, why would anyone give you counter for it really?! Figure it out yourself, use a brain, think! If someone figured it out you can do it too, not everything has to be served on a plate. Luckily there is always a last minute change to MM teams too so no counter works 100% and am really glad that is so cause sometimes people should use brain too!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    I once tried Devastator as he is supposed to be the counter to MM teams but his initial hammer slam thing he does, for some reason knocked back only HN ignoring MM

and I went from

evil kid.jpg

to

what can i say.jpg

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    lol i had 2 fights using deva his first knockback got dodged once and the other time he hit mm but didn't knock her back

Banned Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    I hate threads like this, why would anyone give you counter for it really?! Figure it out yourself, use a brain, think! If someone figured it out you can do it too, not everything has to be served on a plate. Luckily there is always a last minute change to MM teams too so no counter works 100% and am really glad that is so cause sometimes people should use brain too!
    As usual you are so helpful here on the forums. Instead of bitching and whining at this person asking for help just shut your greasy hole. You are truly a douchebag and now everyone knows it. Why can't you use your brain you fucking jackass!! I'll admit I bitch a lot about ucool but I've never done what you do loser which was belittle someone asking for help. Troll away faggot breath!!

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    In a lighter note to what Lady-E said is that while I agree with what (s)he said, they may have put it the wrong way. For me, I like to try new things and practice. The challenge is what is enjoyable. Also, I don't like threads like these because when one person gives away their strategy, then everyone uses it and then WOtG just becomes a more even playing field and everyone knows counters for everything. That's not fun, fun is having a competitive advantage because the opponent hasn't learned the right strategy (which they should learn on their own). The same went for the guy who spoiled the secret of War Hall to get level 4. They ruined the competitive advantage. Hope that makes sense, MM team is definitely counterable, just practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkaze View Post
    In a lighter note to what Lady-E said is that while I agree with what (s)he said, they may have put it the wrong way. For me, I like to try new things and practice. The challenge is what is enjoyable. Also, I don't like threads like these because when one person gives away their strategy, then everyone uses it and then WOtG just becomes a more even playing field and everyone knows counters for everything. That's not fun, fun is having a competitive advantage because the opponent hasn't learned the right strategy (which they should learn on their own). The same went for the guy who spoiled the secret of War Hall to get level 4. They ruined the competitive advantage. Hope that makes sense, MM team is definitely counterable, just practice.
    Exactly my point. I didn't explain it entirely but thought this exactly what you wrote, it's not fun when someone posts exact counters on forum than everyone c/p that. Same is even with MM team alone. I start that team and dumbass on the other side instead of making counter starts the same team! And I'm thinking to my self, seriously, how dumb can you be?! How can exact same team counter exact same team?! That shows me only that person is not using their brain at all, they just post what they see others do which is why they shouldn't know counters for just asking on forum. If you can't think of it on your own than shame for you

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Except that logic doesn't hold ground anyway. Players mimic other players all the time, not saying it's a good thing but rest assure even someone's with a high IQ is willing to copy cat a counter team from someone else.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Exactly my point. I didn't explain it entirely but thought this exactly what you wrote, it's not fun when someone posts exact counters on forum than everyone c/p that. Same is even with MM team alone. I start that team and dumbass on the other side instead of making counter starts the same team! And I'm thinking to my self, seriously, how dumb can you be?! How can exact same team counter exact same team?! That shows me only that person is not using their brain at all, they just post what they see others do which is why they shouldn't know counters for just asking on forum. If you can't think of it on your own than shame for you
    i actually dont agree with this. u cannot copy a team in wotg. if u started first and picked a hero they gotta pick 2 heroes so how are they supposed to copy u when they dont know who ur 2nd hero is? if they started first they pick a hero, how are they supposed to know ur team contains that hero? either way a team cannot be fully copied unless they had that team in mind to begin with.
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

Quote Originally Posted by uh123abcd View Post
    i actually dont agree with this. u cannot copy a team in wotg. if u started first and picked a hero they gotta pick 2 heroes so how are they supposed to copy u when they dont know who ur 2nd hero is? if they started first they pick a hero, how are they supposed to know ur team contains that hero? either way a team cannot be fully copied unless they had that team in mind to begin with.
    Yeah like anyone uses Mani for any other team except that one-or at least I never saw anyone. I post Mani, he posts Mani and LB, I post Chap and HN, he posts the same. At least make a variation to team, don't just follow what other person uses. Or let's take another example: I post TF he posts TF and TP, I post Chemist and Sorc, he post Chemist and Sorc, what else is that but copying? But there is more hilarious example: I use certain MM team with unique substitute and win, than next round he c/p exact same setup with exact same substitute lol I don't know what else to call that. I even on purpose went posting MM first and they still used the exact same MM team I started so what can I call that when you see someone is using MM team and their idea is to counter it with another MM team lol Or you're one of those who copy too so you defend that?

Yeah like anyone uses Mani for any other team except that one-or at least I never saw anyone. I post Mani, he posts Mani and LB, I post Chap and HN, he posts the same. At least make a variation to team, don't just follow what other person uses. Or let's take another example: I post TF he posts TF and TP, I post Chemist and Sorc, he post Chemist and Sorc, what else is that but copying? But there is more hilarious example: I use certain MM team with unique substitute and win, than next round he c/p exact same setup with exact same substitute lol I don't know what else to call that. I even on purpose went posting MM first and they still used the exact same MM team I started so what can I call that when you see someone is using MM team and their idea is to counter it with another MM team lol Or you're one of those who copy too so you defend that?
    exactly but for the 2 teams to end up the same u musta copied him back. if u post mani he post mani+lb no matter wat he copies afterwards u gotta copy his lb for teams to match
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

Not true in case of MM team. I'm sending you photo now of an example, either person is completely ignorant or dumb not to recognize by this time when someone starts one of the most common used teams in WoG
    Screenshot_20161018-223025.jpg
    Where else does anyone go when they start team with Mani or HN even LB...unfortunately I didn't take the one that I started with MM but situation was the same

LB can be used in many teams Lady. He works in MM for sure but there is a another nice team were one can put him in and it involves a hero many ppl lack.
    Guild Leader of SP-Elites server 38.
    GT season 1: Semi
    GT season 2: Final
    GT season 3: Final (Win)
    GT season 4: Semi
    GT season 5: Semi
    GT season 6: Semi
    GT season 7: Semi

Yeah I know ofc he's good in variety of teams(there is 1 awesome GT team with him, used him in few different teams in GA, even in arena) but I meant what everyone uses him in WoG, or at least 99% of those I encountered so far lol so many predictive teams in WoG...

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Yeah I know ofc he's good in variety of teams(there is 1 awesome GT team with him, used him in few different teams in GA, even in arena) but I meant what everyone uses him in WoG, or at least 99% of those I encountered so far lol so many predictive teams in WoG...
    I prefer starting with heroes like LB or PM, because of their versatility. You still have some good leeway to adjust teams based on enemy picks..

HN, less so..