View Poll Results: Will you pay to play with reappearing rocks and trees?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 5.13%
  • No

60 76.92%
  • Don't care

14 17.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will you pay for this feature?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Will you pay for this feature?

I figure this is the surest way to send the message.

Will you pay to play a game that includes reappearing rocks and trees?

Having spent a couple spare minutes wandering through these forums, I notice that there is some support for this feature if the landscape becomes part of the battlefield. And I'm not opposed to that concept. (In fact, that's what I thought happened when the game first started.)

Even if they are made into a useful, permanent feature, however, these need to suck down fewer resources. Lower cost in goods and coins, for sure, but also instant (like walls) and/or done without needing a builder.

But I think it'll always annoy ME, no matter how it's handled in the final release. lol

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I think rather then paying to remove a rock or tree, you only had an option to move it for a small fee, this way it's always going to be somewhere, why even start the map with tree's etc if we all just clear it to a blank slate.

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimdev_3264160 View Post
    ... why even start the map with tree's etc if we all just clear it to a blank slate.
    Because (so Evony's theory goes) if players have to waste resources on this foolishness, they'll find it necessary to buy more gems.

Sadly, there are enough people who will do so that they'll probably ignore the results of this poll.

And now they MAY OR MAY NOT go away? Now I can waste resources for NOTHING AT ALL?

Typical.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Resources are difficult to come by for players who do not cheat.

Adding a feature that requires players to waste resources seems annoying and is a very good reason to not spend any money on a game where cheating players can quickly rise to the top and basically own the server.

Evony has not learned from the failures of Ages 1 and 2.

This game will fail quickly after being launched.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I wouldn't mind if they served a function, but if they are close to your city layout the make holes where enemy troops can be deployed. It's not right that we cannot place anything in those spots without removing them but an attacker can use those spots to try to destroy our cities.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Still a MAJOR annoyance. And now lots of the damn things are hard to see.

Resources are scarce enough ... and when we're committing builders for DAYS at a time, the backlog can get very expensive. (And, of course, having to take time to clear these things - one at a time, or it doesn't work right - makes it even worse when you've got several to do.)

Seriously, Evony: This has to change. Perhaps you feel you can't eliminate it (because you'd have to admit that it's been a mistake from the start) ... but at the very least, raise the gem drop rate. Hundreds of thousands of coins and goods for a single gem is absurd.

if they can make money at it they will do it they fix glitches that benefit players but do nothing to improve play if anything they make it worse as PT Barnum used to say "a sucker born everyday" they watched field of dreams "if you build it they will come" my money stays in my pocket

Here's another good reason to get rid of this 'feature' ... while you're actually clearing the landscape (wasting time and resources), you can't do anything else without risking glitches. Taking down a tree? Don't try collecting from your farms ... they'll empty and you get nothing. Doing orders? Good luck actually being able to submit them if you've been breaking rocks.

These may or may not represent fixable glitches. Perhaps the player's computer simply can't keep up. But a player's computer shouldn't have to be the hottest on the planet to play a Flash game.

Not only that, but when you start now there are so many of these items in your city, it's actually impossible to make a defensible layout without using massive resources to remove them. Not all of them, just enough of them to be able to enclose your town hall. It took two weeks before I got all them gone, and the first refresh put three back in my city.

Frustrating from the standpoint of starting and having to waste so much to try and clear to build, plus the server errors which are constant and they do NOT pay gems for removal. Every day I have at least two items to remove from my city, if I refresh more too many times, I get more, up to six in one day alone. I got my first gem for removing one two days ago. They really only exist so that when you can coin, you will be forced to buy gems to buy goods to remove them.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Not a valid question to me. Will I PAY to play a game that is as far away from being viable and controls glitches, hacks and cheats as this one? No. Do I think regrowing trees that need removed are an issue? Nope, not in the least.

No doubt there are higher priorities at this time, Gooseman. The point was not that they need to address the issue immediately (although the sooner the better, lol), but that it's well documented that the vast majority of us DO NOT LIKE THIS FEATURE.

It might be at the bottom of their list of things to fix before the game goes live, but it must be ON the list.

Just a reminder that this is still an issue for a lot of us.

And an additional reminder that, since you're thinking about opening the game to paying customers, there is at least ONE potential customer for whom this is a deal breaker ... and based on the poll numbers, it's a pretty good bet there are more.

This needs to go away.

lets start a poll on when the wipe will be thats the more pressing glitch in the game...