Thread: Guild Perks

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Guild Perks

Hi guys,
    I've noticed that this game doesn't really have much of a "Guild interaction"
    by this I mean, the only thing you really have that make guilds appealing are the guild raids that require done by a daily event which rewards you with the coins to buy the heroes.
    What I wanna bring to the table is the idea of Guild Perks
    Okie dokie, so we're all aware of the "Guild Activity Points", these reset the guild raid instances if im correct, it also takes 200,000 to do. I'll relate back to this in a jiffy
    So, what I wanna do is see guild perks being put in to the guilds and able to give other players a reason to join a guild.
    There can be multiple perks that are involved within different aspects of the game, e.g Progression perks, pvp perks and cooldown perks.
    This is how i'd want it to work...
    Every month the guild will be able to pay for TEMPORARY perks, these will be bought buy using the guild activity points. These perks could include something like " All instances give an extra 5% experience for 24 hours" " All heroes have a 3% increase on all their stats for 5 hours". Every month they can be brought and every month they will reset.
    Now people will think " Ok, so what? I get a little boost for a day? That it?"
    No. I also want to see PERMANENT perks put in within the guild
    These permanent perks could revolve around how many members the guild contains. E.g 10 members = 5% Coin increase from all instances, 50 members = Can hire 2 mercenaries from the mercenary camp instead of 1.
    Feel free to analyse this idea and post more suggestions below.
    Cheers ^^

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Ok, where to start....

On your idea of Temporary Perks the idea sounds nice, and I know where your going with this, cause who wouldnt want extra XP, or extra loot drops right.
    But there are issues with this.

1. Guild credits for higher up guilds are already proving hard to manage due to the speed at which they are completing raids. So there is little spare (if any at all).
    2. You could NOT have any perks which in any way artificially increased a persons hero's strength or survivability. This right there would completely unbalance the game within minutes. More active guilds and guilds that dont need raids would have an outright advantage over those that well, do need them and dont have as many active members.
    3. How does this actually increase interactivity within guilds? It doesnt, it merely creates the need for people to find a guild. And if using your suggestions people would guild hop to find the strongest guild just to perk hog.

With regards to Permanent Perks guild raids, guild shop, merc hall.... don't think we need any more than this really.

But, id like to turn your idea on its head a little bit

In order to make the game MORE interactive within the guild, how cool would it be if 2 players could team up with their teams and go into a raid together. More communication needed to when to use ults, etc. No more than 2, and yes I realise doing this would mean raid content would go down a little quicker, but lets face it, AT Level, it smashes you and makes you cry anyway, so 2 teams using the same 1.5 minutes for that slight bit of increased dmg is not major given how it adds a new dimension tot he game.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Perks sound nice but I think they should not be overpowered, like the 3% stat increase everywhere.

Also, using guild activity points is kinda hard, because eventually your guild raid resets would use up more points than you can get per day.

Something like guild members donating their money to the guild to buy permanent guild related benefits would be nice.
    Maybe something like 50 million to get a % reduction on individual guild raid stages.
    Or a reduction on guild item points costs
    Or stats increase during guild raids split into different hero types.
    Or extra % guild points on raid completion

I wasn't exactly aware of how much guild activity points are often used. My guilds seem to be 200,000 quite a lot and hardly ever used.
    And to the reply of the guild interactive, I was going along the lines of people chatting within the guild of what perks to aim for and what times to use the temporary perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumz View Post
    I wasn't exactly aware of how much guild activity points are often used. My guilds seem to be 200,000 quite a lot and hardly ever used.
    And to the reply of the guild interactive, I was going along the lines of people chatting within the guild of what perks to aim for and what times to use the temporary perks.
    Yeah I know what you meant, but the reality is the GM will either decide themselves and just do it, or if they are a 'SERIOUS' guild you know, proper hardcore, they will consult officers only.

Besides my points above, guild perks have been known to break games and put people off playing them (ironic as it sounds) which is why certain games went and removed them recently.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Temporary and permanent perks sounds good, it's like World of Warcraft. But imo we need to make guilds lvleable, for the guardians to unlock perks from the guild shop according to the level of the guild. This is for the temporary perks.
    For the permanent perks, with the same guild lvling system, we unlock perks in lvl 2 - 3 - 5 - 7 - 10 (Max LVL).

You'll be wondering how do we get guild exp points?
    By ending each instance from the raid tab. Of course the exp given is according to the chapter you are doing.

Permanent perks:

Lvl 2 = 3 Guild Avatars

Lvl 3 = +20 Energy Regen (in Raid instances)

Lvl 5 = 15% discount on Guild Shop

Lvl 7 = +20 HP Regen (in Raid instances)

Lvl 10 = +20 Attack Power (in Raid instances)

Temporary perks in guild shop:

Lvl 3 = Red Flag (+5% Defense in Raid)

Lvl 5 = Green Flag (+5% HP in Raid)

Lvl 10 = Black Flag (+5% Attack Power in Raid)

All of this is just a suggestion from me and it's open to modifications by any of you to help it shape better.
    Sv27 - Lv89 (WarChief-ArcaneSapper-FallenDominion-Commando-Mystic) N 1 Guild in the Server: King War. FTW.-

Quote Originally Posted by bynia View Post
    Temporary and permanent perks sounds good, it's like World of Warcraft. But imo we need to make guilds lvleable, for the guardians to unlock perks from the guild shop according to the level of the guild.
    NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

If this is so much as hinted as an idea by the dev's im off.

Servers do not live long enough for this to be something a lot of guilds would have access to, so would be an exclusive club for a few.

This idea killed guilds in WoW.

Lightbulb Pretty cool idea

This is a great idea, but this might also start conflicts as most guilds don't have 50 members. It would be great if 50 was reduced to 40 or something. Otherwise, this is a pretty nice suggestion Hope the devs take this idea into consideration.
    IGN : Dauntless
    Server: 13 [Shaman]
    Level : 84
    Guild : Heroes