Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outland Portal is a Lame Duck!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Angry Outland Portal is a Lame Duck!

So we've had the outland portal for a week and it's pretty good.

The rewards are really good 10 and 15 fragments for much needed gears

It's challenging and promotes less used heroes into use

It promotes hiring within a guild

It changes everyday

But.....................

The first down reward doesn't reset when the boss comes back around.

Making the rewards pretty lame and in turn the thought of why would I build a team up to beat the higher levels when I'll only get the reward once.

Please rest the first down reward weekly or even monthly

Nomies

Hi mate thanks for the reply, what level are you?

At lvl 80 you need the fragments to kit out your heroes and you require 50 per item.

Its mounts up to an awful lot of grinding when 4 of your heroes need the item.

So 2 per day wont really help alot, making it not worth the effort of building a specific team to beat each lvl of each boss

Yawn

Try reading a post before replying, your basically just waffling on about something you have no clue about.

I am in a guild that burns off the raids but where talking about the outland portal and my suggestion that it would be a much worthy feature if the first down reward reset every time you encountered the boss again.

So you are happy getting 1 or 2 fragments per day and not trying to complete the higher lvls of the outland portal?

Because I dont know anyone who has completed all lvl 4 outlands yet as you need a tailor team of 5 for that.

My point is why would someone go to all that effort to complete lvl 4 when the reward after the first success is so low.

Troll Off

Am clearly making a point that in the long run I don't think the outland portal will be used much, It could have a core feature to the game. I know they have added a cheese drop but, I don't think there's a cheese problem when you reach end game.

This is not a whinge or complain mearly a suggestion as to the direction the new feature is going.

Also this isn't free gear you have to complete the challenges to earn the rewards, why don't you complete lvl 4 and then come back here and continue to lord it up.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilyBeck View Post
    Am clearly making a point that in the long run I don't think the outland portal will be used much, It could have a core feature to the game. I know they have added a cheese drop but, I don't think there's a cheese problem when you reach end game.

This is not a whinge or complain mearly a suggestion as to the direction the new feature is going.

Also this isn't free gear you have to complete the challenges to earn the rewards, why don't you complete lvl 4 and then come back here and continue to lord it up.
    There's never enough cheese actually.You can find a few threads on asking to improve exp system around here.

Even dropping 1 of the 70+ frags is good really, because those cost around 50 stamina just to get one.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Last time I check trials only gave 2 or 3 of a specific item. I know I need 50 of an item but it's nice to save stamina on other things that matter like soul stones.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomies View Post
    Guys don't bother, PhilyBeck has already decided Outland Portal is crap.

Don't waste your breath
    I think sometimes you need to stop, count to 10, breath and re-read what people are saying.
    I have to admit, I agree with things you say at times bud, and at other times your the complete polar opposite, as a result you do at times come off as a complete 100% Pro uCool fanboi.

Anyway, enough of the personality criticism, Nomies, I agree with PhilyBeck.

Its not that people are asking for gear to be showered on them from on high so we can all complete the game in 1 day and be done. But seriously for the time, and effort involved in downing the content in the portal the reward is lack luster. Personally id rather spend the extra stam and hit that RAID button as its quicker.

Lets take today, I got a total of 3 Lightening Balls, Ball Lightening or whatever its called. + 1 Cheese. Hardly a reward. And dont forget Philey is talking about Lv80, which is max level compared to your lvl as your still grinding.

Now I do think 10 pieces for the first drop is too high too. Almost eradicates the need for doing the normal campaign trail. So meet in the middle. 5 on the first drop and 1 on the second, OR let us do it 3x a day and have it drop 2/2/2 or 3/1/1.

But overall I think people need to stop being too Pro or Anti uCool and at least understand the other individual in what their trying to say. Make a proper case as to why or why not.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomies View Post
    The reason I write the way I do is because I'm sick of the constant whining and complaining about the same things. People don't use search and they don't put their issue in perspective to what is really important to change and/or be improved. Are we really gonna whine about a few fragments when a week ago we got none? Don't do the damn portal if you don't like it, then you're just as well off as last week.

No matter what ucool does there will always be complaints about silly and unimportant things that swallow the devs' time and keep them from more important things.

As posted by ucool, twice, the issue where Commando's ult is cancelled because one of the opponents that were supposed to get hit by it died a second earlier is not prioritized enough to solve right now. Is this shit more important than sometimes losing out on an entire ult from the most common hero in the entire game? Perspective!

I can be serious and helpful too as you probably already seen but all this crying just gets to me.

Just play the game.
    Yes, and I fully understand. But to appear aggressive in nature while posting brings you down to other peoples level, hence I mention the stop, count to 10 and breath .

I know what you mean about perspective, and lets be honest. Everyone has a different idea on what is more important or has higher priorities, so everyones idea of a real perspective view on an issue differs.
    This being said, I very much doubt uCool have just 1 person working ont eh game, or everyone working on the exact same fragment of code (see what I did there lol). It is more common than not for each person or team of people to have different areas they take care of and are left to handle. So outland portal may be the responsibility Mr Posh who also is responsible for the 3 new hero's we got, while Mr Whodidyounickabollockof handles raids, past hero balancing and campaign trails (as an example).

Anyway im teaching a granny to suck eggs here as im sure you more than know this already. The point being is that, as with any issue, complain, bug, feature, more often than not consumers have to scream and shout to be heard. Once heard dev's will often schedule it into their planning and acknowledge this at which point people ease off.

If people dont make a fuss, how do dev's know if what they have done is helping, is not helping ? If people keep quiet and stop playing without saying nothing its a wild guess for anyone to figure out whats wrong wouldn't you say ?

So all this perceived complaining is actually necessary in order to allow the dev's to make the right choices moving forward to keep the game healthy.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    well the way i see it is its free content that wasn't there before. Free team exp(useful for the future level cap increase in 1.6) and free items it may not be alot but its better than it not being added at all.

i find 1 cheese for 2 encounters is trash but better than nothing. you need 40000 exp from 80 to 81. cheese gives 1200.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Caspdown's Avatar
    It was good, until they nerfed it to hell. Now it's mediocre at best, but I still do it for the daily team exp reward. I don't mind too much though, because before I was seriously contemplating raising up some heroes to more effectively complete the daily portals, now I don't have to bother.

Lightbulb Pretty good suggestion

I agree its a pain in the arse to farm for fragments at level 80, maybe they could reset the firstdown once every 14 days or so. Would be quite useful. Good thing they added cheese as a drop, as the level cap is going to be raised to 90 in the soon-to-come 1.6 update.
    IGN : Dauntless
    Server: 13 [Shaman]
    Level : 84
    Guild : Heroes

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Agree with op...at l80 when team exp doesn't matter, a total of four ball lightning frags for level 2 and 3 of portal isn't even worth renting anything from the guild. It's something to do but it's all used up now unless we can level up several new heroes to beat level 4 once and have that be pointless as well. It was cool the first week and yeah one cheese is better than nothing but doesn't make it an interesting section of the game after the first time. Everything else is more fun.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    whats the purpose of the portals? at difficulty 2 you get 1 moonglow reel and 1 cheese if u are lucky. why did they change it from the 10 it was first time?
    might as well just remove the portal and give the cheese + reel as a sign in bonus since its not really fun anyway when the reward stinks.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Yes it is.

There is no need for further elaboration.

Along with the Next Capped Level on the future update, I wouldn't want to waste what I have just to be able to do Portal. High Cost, Low Rewards. Booo Booo. Meaning fail update. If I don't have the hero I have to hire, And if My guildies doesn't have the heroes. I'm sure someone will tell me go find another guild. Lol.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by plenyun View Post
    Yes it is.

There is no need for further elaboration.

Along with the Next Capped Level on the future update, I wouldn't want to waste what I have just to be able to do Portal. High Cost, Low Rewards. Booo Booo. Meaning fail update. If I don't have the hero I have to hire, And if My guildies doesn't have the heroes. I'm sure someone will tell me go find another guild. Lol.
    Totally agree. High Cost, Low Reward.
    Why I should invest my gold and gems to upgrade some heroes that I need on Outland Portal just for a piece of cake and cheese
    Many times I need to hire heroes from mercenary and often this not sufficient to win.
    From now I play against monster that I can defeat without problem with my heroes.