Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrior Monk - worth it?

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Warrior Monk - worth it?

Hi Guys,

Just got Warrior Monk (Earthshaker in DOTA2) this morning, I got curious about this hero, and seldom see anyone review about this hero.

Can anybody who expert in this hero share some advice and suggestion, is he worth to invest into?

Thanks.

he is quite good late game. with the right combinations, he can be so annoying, not a killer though.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    nope , you need at least *4 and it impossible to have *4 W.Monk at beginning , seem he is super late hero like 78++ which used for counter sapper in physical team

I see, I learn that all his skills can stuns enemy. That's pretty cool.

But then he is not killer, though?

Silver Member Contributor Level 4 Blues's Avatar
    He will be one of OP tanks in 90 according to 'other game'. But not that fav right now.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Should I level him? I'm lvl 65 and have a WM lvl 1 4*. Any advice appreciated. Idk how I got so many of his SS, but he's 4* nonetheless. When I fight against him he seems really weak.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 toxic909's Avatar
    ive been farming WM to still waiting for the lucky chest drop i already have 150+ss

teaming him with panda and com will give the enemy tank up to 5+sec stuns
    TOXIC360 S21

hi to all Pinoy HC players out there

FAIL=

First
    Attempt
    In
    Learning

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Don't think about using WM as AS counter, he often fail. He is good but still depend on where is your position, if OP is a low level player like 80-, just forget him, you can't use him anywhere because he will die sooner than you expected. Let think about him when you have 10+ P+4/Orange heroes.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by toxic909 View Post
    ive been farming WM to still waiting for the lucky chest drop i already have 150+ss

teaming him with panda and com will give the enemy tank up to 5+sec stuns
    I've thought about this. Ive been playing less than a month. Please answer this. If I don't get a 3* hero from a chest! but I'm able to farm their SS, is it best to keep farming and not unlock them, and wait til I get them in a chest? Assuming I don't absolutely need the toon at this time. I'm thing about doing that with CW. Good idea?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 d3xter's Avatar
    He's still a good tank in late game, with a lot of cc, but sadly not top tier right now. maybe his legendary skill will change this.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayc34 View Post
    I've thought about this. Ive been playing less than a month. Please answer this. If I don't get a 3* hero from a chest! but I'm able to farm their SS, is it best to keep farming and not unlock them, and wait til I get them in a chest? Assuming I don't absolutely need the toon at this time. I'm thing about doing that with CW. Good idea?
    It depend on what hero you're farming, imo wc/comm/oc should be unlocked asap, vs and other late game hero could waiting until they drop/later

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by d3xter View Post
    He's still a good tank in late game, with a lot of cc, but sadly not top tier right now. maybe his legendary skill will change this.
    I think he would be awesome behind another tank like admiral/SK, I imagine a team of admiral-monk-VS would be a great CC team, lol
    His legendary skill is aura to add str for animal/beast heroes in the other game so I doubt it would be much of a game changer.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    how possibly a character with 4 stun can be considered as 'not good'? ofc he is good, just have to find the right team comp

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayc34 View Post
    This is only advisable for 3* Heroes.

Personally I save up until I have 180 SS to unlock them. That way they are instantly 4*. Basically just hope that before you get there that you get a full Hero.

Dont bother waiting on 1 or 2 Star heroes. The loss is not worth the wait. But with 3* heroes you would loose out on 50SS if you got the card after you unlocked.

Also depends on your Team level. You mention CW. If you are Team level 70 or lower then i'd probably just go ahead and unlock him at 3* because he will help you. I am lvl 84 and have no use for a 3* hero so I would wait.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hehe_boy View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just got Warrior Monk (Earthshaker in DOTA2) this morning, I got curious about this hero, and seldom see anyone review about this hero.

Can anybody who expert in this hero share some advice and suggestion, is he worth to invest into?

Thanks.
    Give him blink dagger, and let them echo 5 heroes in arena haha.. Just kidding..
    he is good, but he is a late INT tank i think