Thread: catapults not working when attacked

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

catapults not working when attacked

I have noticed on a a number of replays that my catapults just sit there and do nothing is this a glitch or just bad programming as what is the point of them if they don't do anything?

Spartacus
    We’ll check this issue and have it fixed as soon as possible, thanks for the report! If this happens again please send us some screen shots by clicking the Billing Support button on the homepage.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc003c6970_2938844 View Post
    I have noticed on a a number of replays that my catapults just sit there and do nothing is this a glitch or just bad programming as what is the point of them if they don't do anything?

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Ummm yea, screen shots are gonna crap all in this case, as of right now this issue is still a problem, not sure if its catapults and ballis but its definately happened to me before. I reported it and one of the muppets wrote back to me saying they do work u just cant see them working... Well they DONT work because the enemy loses no hitpoints and the pult or balli doesnt do anything.
    Some of the replies i've got from evo staff are really lame, then they ask to fill out a satisfaction survey.. lol

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    It almost has to be lag-related. I'd probably have a friend try to reproduce it for you. If they see the catapults destroyed but you don't, then this would certainly rule out any kind of exploits.

put cursor on catapults
    you'll see its range in the white circle
    the red circle is something you need to protect because once enemy troops is inside that range, then your catapults will not fire
    just an observation..

I've noticed that if a defensive structure targets an enemy unit, and that unit then moves out of the structure's range the structure will not attack a new target until the original unit is dead. This is (I think) because the structure is designed to keep hitting the same unit over and over until it's dead, but it doesn't take into consideration things like:
    1. Can I still hit that unit?
    2. Is there a better unit (or group of units) that I can hit? This is especially important for splash damage structures like pults and balls. I see too many times where a ballista will target one little wizard all by himself when there's a group of 20 also in range... dumb.
    3. Self-check. Did I wake up drunk and forget that I'm supposed to do something when the little men in white robes show up? Am I just standing around doing nothing?

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    This is still an issue!! I was watching replays and when the rock lands on the troops it does nothing to them even if they are not protected by the hero.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    It is not just pults, archers sit their and pick at their nails aswell

My archers drive me crazy just sitting there while an entire group of soldiers attacks away in it's range. It seems to be more of a problem in chrome than IE for me.

The one thing overlooked is the fact that most replays do not show correctly what happened during battle. seeing on replay, which is inaccurate, should not be taken as a glitch in the gaming. what I do, if I even care to watch a replay, is look at the scattering of goods (corpses of attackers) before I pick them up. This gives a better representation of where was I attacked from and where did my damage inflict. true it doesn't show which weapon killed the target but it can be better then the replay