Thread: the vanguard warrior

the vanguard warrior

when i start a fight the vanguard warrior is not on the field and i can't see him. then after 5seconds he starts to charge in the fight without bashing one of my oponends. i think it's a bug... please fix it. i like that warrior and want to play with him. but not if he is an only bug.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    That's his specialty. It's basically 4v5 for the first 3-4 seconds then he comes in and stuns the enemy front lines . If urs dont stun, its probably 1) a bug, 2) you didnt lvl up his skills enough , 3) enemy is kinda a few lvls higher hence he deflected ur stun

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Well mine is lv50 with at least 20pts in skill1&2 and 5 in the 3rd skill.....and mine does nothing when he charges in..even on Instance 1.....

Quote Originally Posted by ūkē View Post
    Well mine is lv50 with at least 20pts in skill1&2 and 5 in the 3rd skill.....and mine does nothing when he charges in..even on Instance 1.....
    What lvls were the enemies? Lv 20 is generally rrlylow lol. Maybe it is a bug or maybe it isnt skilled enough

Just some observations.

One definition of Vanguard is "the foremost part of an advancing army or naval force". Having him wait till everyone else is fighting on the field for 5-6 seconds (I timed it a few times) doesn't sound like what a "Vanguard Warrior" should be doing.

Ideally I would think that skill would either:

a. Have him be the first on the field rushing over to the enemies side and maybe keeping them pushed closer to their edge of the field while the rest of your group moves forward. It is a double edged sword though as he would be taking damage before his back group is able to get attacks off.

b. Have his wait time not be so long so that he is still rushing out but hits the enemy front lines right at mid field with the rest of his front line team mates and does the stun and push back at the start?

c. Just have him walk out with the rest of the group and just do the skill and the push back. Though I love the running in animation.

I've leveled him up to the later 30's and did some tests on the stun issues. Note his "Charge of Valor" skill on my guy is pretty low (5):

a. I have had him solo the first level and he actually just walks out onto the field without charging.

b. I then did a later level with one other lower level back line hero (40) and he does wait to charge and I have seen his stun go off against some level 16 mobs so it does work.

c. Had him grouped with Cleric to keep them alive and did one about 6 levels lower so they wouldn't kill me but would stay on the field longer. We timed out on the round. He rushed out late. Stun and push back still happened. He did it multiple times even in close range with the push back and stun.

To me it doesn't seem very long (the stun) and the push back is again to me nowhere near as bad as Wind Master but I can see at high levels this guy could be pretty fun to play with. I love his animations a lot.

Either way if the timing gets fixed/changed this would be brutal as this basically means a team could potentially start off the fight with the front line stunned.
    Last edited by imutau; 12-07-2014 at 04:29 PM.

That's how it is in the mainland server so i dont think anything would change that as it has been balanced before. Whatever ur suggestions be might make it off balance hence yeah..

And also, in the original game, DoTA, it has always been this case where ur teammates fight whilr u charge from base for a surprise buttsecks.. so i feel like this shld be the correct way.

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeStupid View Post
    That's how it is in the mainland server so i dont think anything would change that as it has been balanced before...
    Wow if I knew this already released on a different server I'd probably not have commented at all. Lol!! Still think the name is incorrect though as he is in no way a Vanguard type hero.
    Last edited by imutau; 12-07-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear Leader
    This is not a bug. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty