Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the idiocy of lunar guardian

Gold Member Contributor Level 6

the idiocy of lunar guardian

to me, getting to level 51 is not that hard. It's a fun time with many combos. For instance, professional killer
    Is awesome. Then you get from 51-72 ( will get back to this later). From 72 on, a world of new strategies and heroes are born once again, and the Sapper rules. But. 51-72 is the meat of your gameplay. And it is supposed to be fun. But there is literally 1 team that is in the arena. War chief, old curse, commando, leaves, and a DPS hero. many times you face your mirror team but with different DPS heroes. There are the common WM, SUC. And then there's lunar guardian. Any person who gets lunar somehow in 10x chest at beginning rules the world from 0-72 ( in the begging it rocks too). By the time you farm 80 SS, you are already level near 72. Lunar cannot be countered, and it blows away suc and wind master out of the water. You know what this means? In order to get top spots, I am forced to buy 10x chest at beginning of server JUST to get lunar. That should not be allowed. What idiocy.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    i got luna from raiding at lvl 57 or so. I dont even top the ranks and I'm in a guild that hasn't even finished the chapt. 7 boss. I had guild points to buy her every day.
    (VIP 6 helps)
    In short: Step. Away. From. The. Chests. Best not to do 10x that late in the game. Ever.
    Last edited by likewhoa; 12-06-2014 at 03:53 AM.

im talking about opening chests new server to get Luna. Level 57, though, that's 57 levels of not getting the most dominant hero ( besides the 4 basic heroes IE commando, etc)

Guild shop is a sure thing.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    I got my Lunar out of a box early on. She's pretty. I'm level 59 now and I have her at 86/100.

Actually, windmaster and succubus are stronger 0-51...lunar is great 51-72 but after 72 she's pretty much useless besides grand arena 2nd team....

you can't even use her in crusade as her aoe dmg isn't bursty enough....can't use in guild raid cuz her single target isnt good enough....so after 72 she's literally useless...thats the trade off for being so strong 51-72...

Seems fair to me...

also, like the guy above me said, guild shop exists...u can farm her (altho a bit late) in elite stages and if you've invested into the right heroes and if ur playing smartly, u can get top 3-5 in raid damage all the time, which should give u MORE than enough for 5 lunar stones per day....

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Suave88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abbyface View Post
    Actually, windmaster and succubus are stronger 0-51...lunar is great 51-72 but after 72 she's pretty much useless besides grand arena 2nd team....

you can't even use her in crusade as her aoe dmg isn't bursty enough....can't use in guild raid cuz her single target isnt good enough....so after 72 she's literally useless...thats the trade off for being so strong 51-72...

Seems fair to me...

also, like the guy above me said, guild shop exists...u can farm her (altho a bit late) in elite stages and if you've invested into the right heroes and if ur playing smartly, u can get top 3-5 in raid damage all the time, which should give u MORE than enough for 5 lunar stones per day....
    72++ Lunar average star is 4-5 it still decent dps hero on late, don't forget about her ministun and critical chance too, it can interupt 0,sec your movement.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Completely agree with OP

Thank god i am not the only one. This game has been a blast to me until i reached the purple stage. Literally, everyone is building the same team: WC, OC, Commando, Leaves, and either Lunar/Wind/Succubus. Fighting this same team composition everyday in both arena and crusade bores the hell out of me. It is not only de-creative but also shows the true nature of Heroes Charge. Heroes Charge is no longer about building a decent team to fit your playstyle or about being creative. It is about grinding those overpowered heroes. Don't get me wrong. I am using the same team compostition as well (fight fire with fire) because no matter how much i want to be different and original, it just does not cut for this current meta. Nerfing these OP heroes will NOT be a solution because almost everyone has invested their time and money to get those. Level 53 and above is supposed to be fun and competive (all 4 skills available for any heroes), the varitions and possibilities are supposed to be widened up NOT narrowed down into these 5-6 heroes: WC, OC, LS, Commando, WM, Succy, Lunar.....

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Suave88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen259 View Post
    Thank god i am not the only one. This game has been a blast to me until i reached the purple stage. Literally, everyone is building the same team: WC, OC, Commando, Leaves, and either Lunar/Wind/Succubus. Fighting this same team composition everyday in both arena and crusade bores the hell out of me. It is not only de-creative but also shows the true nature of Heroes Charge. Heroes Charge is no longer about building a decent team to fit your playstyle or about being creative. It is about grinding those overpowered heroes. Don't get me wrong. I am using the same team compostition as well (fight fire with fire) because no matter how much i want to be different and original, it just does not cut for this current meta. Nerfing these OP heroes will NOT be a solution because almost everyone has invested their time and money to get those. Level 53 and above is supposed to be fun and competive (all 4 skills available for any heroes), the varitions and possibilities are supposed to be widened up NOT narrowed down into these 5-6 heroes: WC, OC, LS, Commando, WM, Succy, Lunar.....
    For those lack of creativity issue now we have grand arena. ucool hear our voice.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen259 View Post
    Those heroes are powerful, but it's at least as important that those heroes, particularly Warchief, Old Curse, and Commando are easy to farm.

Banned Contributor Level 2
    You guys really need to learn how to play. Warchief, lunar and old curse are all very weak heroes at level 80.

Panda owns warchief.

Lunar is owned by sapper. Her weak aoe damage is free energy for the other team to nuke you down.

Old curse same thing. Weak aoe damage is free energy. Don't look at useless damage numbers. You need single target damage to win.

Panda/Sapper/Medusa/Leave Shadow/Commando owns the team you listed.

Centaur/4 casters, hybrid physical/magic team with mythic blind are all much stronger.

People only invest in the team you listed because it is easy to obtain. At level 80 is when the real meta begins when you can afford to invest in more heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmantb View Post
    You guys really need to learn how to play. Warchief, lunar and old curse are all very weak heroes at level 80.

Panda owns warchief.

Lunar is owned by sapper. Her weak aoe damage is free energy for the other team to nuke you down.

Old curse same thing. Weak aoe damage is free energy. Don't look at useless damage numbers. You need single target damage to win.

Panda/Sapper/Medusa/Leave Shadow/Commando owns the team you listed.

Centaur/4 casters, hybrid physical/magic team with mythic blind are all much stronger.

People only invest in the team you listed because it is easy to obtain. At level 80 is when the real meta begins when you can afford to invest in more heroes.
    Agree with this, although i still use warchief/sapper/vs/commando/leaves..

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Well from 51-72 is when things pick up in pace and you have to focus 80% of resources on arena heroes. Hence there's just no room for other heroes to fill in the gap, especially when commando, luna would be 4 stars at least at that time while others only 2-3 stars. No matter how good a hero is, he can't overcome the power gap from the lack of stars. Thus, WC, OC,... Is popular because they are easy to farm. From 72 onwards, lvling get slower and you will have more time to invest on other heroes. That's when the strategy part truly begins.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar
    I'm already at late game YET I don't have Windmaster, Succubus, Lunar Guardian, Vengeance Spirit, and much more! I didnt even try the x10 Gold Chest. And who says you should open them if you dont have some spare gems? Yes, I kinda felt unlucky on my earlier levels thinking almost everyone have them except me but instead of whining and crying, I focused on the heroes I currently have I'm still experimenting team synergies with some unpopular heroes like Pilot, Executioner, etc, though some of you guys will consider them weak but I look at them as some puzzle pieces just needed to be with the correct team mates
    Last edited by Ferico; 12-06-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferico View Post
    I'm already at late game YET I don't have Windmaster, Succubus, Lunar Guardian, Vengeance Spirit, and much more! I didnt even try the x10 Gold Chest. And who says you should open them if you dont have some spare gems? Yes, I kinda felt unlucky on my earlier levels thinking almost everyone have them except me but instead of whining and crying, I focused on the heroes I currently have I'm still experimenting team synergies with some unpopular heroes like Pilot, Executioner, etc, though some of you guys will consider them weak but I look at them as some puzzle pieces just needed to be with the correct team mates
    Respect for this guy your mentality is gold!!