Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backup Tank: Shallows Keeper or Savage One

Gold Member Contributor Level 6

Backup Tank: Shallows Keeper or Savage One

I am level 57. I use War Chief (maxed out) as my main tank for Arena, and most of Crusades.

I have the resources to max out SK** or SO**. Who should I train? I plan to use the backup tank as an extra tank for crusades. I also heard both of these options are strong for late game guild raids?

My other Heroes I use in rotations are:
    Chaplain, OC, Commando, WM, Shadowleaf, Mystic.

Any advice on which tank to train as a backup would be really helpful

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    i would personally go for SO as he is more usefull for raid bosses

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    I would go with savage since he is viable in raids. But shallows is tankier in terms of both armor and magic resist.. and since u will be meeting commandos in every fight, your savage one wont be able to cast his debuff while shallows can.. :/ choose pproperly

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Go with SO, he is more useful. He is actually the best tank for guild raid at late game. But you should also plan ahead for Panda, you will have to build him eventually.
    Last edited by RedPanda; 12-04-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    if your only intrest is in crusade then go for shallowsK his ult keeps them all in one place for u to use oc.s freeze and finish them with mystic and wm, get it charge at early stages , stops commando from stunning him too, for crusade def SK . im 64 and hes been helping me h 15/15 a lot

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Cool. I've boosted them both up to lvl 55. SK has maxed out skills, and SO still has low lvl skills.

I think I'm going to continue leveling SO to see how he does. I like aspects of both but I clear 14/15 Crusade everyday and my guild-mate/roommate is getting DK tomorrow and will keep it right at my level so I dont think Crusade is an area i really need to improve. More worried about future Guild Raids and Arena.

Savage One it is ... for now

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    To everyone who is still considering Shallow, just drop him now! At later stages, you will be very tight on xp and you don't want useless hero in your team. Trust me even at 7x WC still out tank Shallow by far and Panda become a beast. Only build Shallow when you reached 80 and have spare resources. Savage One is a better choice because he increases team dmg by a lot in Boss Raid.
    Last edited by flexr; 12-04-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by flexr View Post
    To everyone who is still considering Shallow, just drop him now! At later stages, you will be very tight on xp and you don't want useless hero in your team. Trust me even at 7x WC still out tank Shallow by far and Panda become a beast. Only build Shallow when you reached 80 and have spare resources. Savage One is a better choice because he increases team dmg by a lot in Boss Raid.
    Totally agreed. I listened to someone's advice to invest in SK. He said that SK would out-tank WC in Arena and DK in crusade late game. Now at lv 74 I have realized that I should have never listened to that person. I so regret having invested in him. SK is a complete piece of trash

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Rola
    He got me too. But luckily i didnt boost his skills

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    I have 3 tank and plan to raise 2 tank for grandarena later , they are sk , wm , so

SO is my first choice , second better sk or wm ? Since i tested wm on early level is too squishy , they are in same star *3. Need advice

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Totally agreed. I listened to someone's advice to invest in SK. He said that SK would out-tank WC in Arena and DK in crusade late game. Now at lv 74 I have realized that I should have never listened to that person. I so regret having invested in him. SK is a complete piece of trash
    well lvl 90 skills sound make him usefull againe, armor to every teammate and if the admirals skill is to give hp yo team members then the synergy between them is gona be awesome.

Lol never listen to rola. Or rather, i meant he was relatively new and spent 5k+USD straight , and he was top already so he thought it was useful. See how he reclaim DK usefulness after lv 72. Because aft 72 dk becomes a lil more useful again. But SK can be good in crusade as OP is asking for a spare tank for crus. SO cant rly tank in crus but SK can.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 max1912's Avatar
    At lvl 71,
    My SK Survive in Raid Boss Chap 8 till end of battle, not SO.
    He also is a Shield of Panda in Arena.
    His US help you clear supper hard stage in Crusade and Campain(Swordmaster stage)
    He can get 5* easier by buying Bronze chest

So wat you want from SK more?
    My Advice, raise SK if you want backup tank(Because he is more tanky than SO)and hire SO from guildmate for raid
    Last edited by max1912; 12-05-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    S20 - lvl90

+1. He is my ultimate backup in crusade. Shallow can ulti right at the start of the fight, leaving enemies clustered together. Coupled with windmaster to make them more clustered and frostmage+lightning elemental. 100% success rate for me.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Malta071 View Post
    Rola
    He got me too. But luckily i didnt boost his skills
    i honestly dont get it why people love twisting my words. they develop a personal interpretation that is in most cases the oposite of what i said and blame me for it

what i always advocete was shallow is eay and decent. get him first and work up on warchief as a end gmae replacement. I just read like half of my posts and i couldntt find a single one were i said shallow was better then warchief for arena, quite the oposite, i found several statements of the oposit, like this one:

"warchief is better than shallow for arena once u have the dps to suppor it"

Inever said shallow was better then panda. or even warchief . i always advocate having both shallow AND warchief nad if you could afford panda.

Shallow is by no means trash, part of every top 5 grand arena teams in my server.

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeStupid View Post
    Lol never listen to rola. Or rather, i meant he was relatively new and spent 5k+USD straight , and he was top already so he thought it was useful. See how he reclaim DK usefulness after lv 72. Because aft 72 dk becomes a lil more useful again. But SK can be good in crusade as OP is asking for a spare tank for crus. SO cant rly tank in crus but SK can.
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeStupid View Post
    +1. He is my ultimate backup in crusade. Shallow can ulti right at the start of the fight, leaving enemies clustered together. Coupled with windmaster to make them more clustered and frostmage+lightning elemental. 100% success rate for me.

Please enlight me. i was new , spent and top already and i tought sk was usefull? what u mean?

you are saying he shouldnt listen to me cause i tough sk was usefull. but one setence later you are saying its usefull? please enlight me.

About Dk what i always said was that it was not as overpowered as people tought, and later that it seemed to me that it regained its usefull after 72, and it certainly did, commando chap old curse dk where the core of the best arena team for quite sometime, and after that when mystic started to being used, it became even more relevant.

so please. enlight. he shouldnt ever listen to me why????