Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy Drunken master from Arena shop?

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyy View Post
    lol you just got slapped in the face
    Yeah, I'm a noob. My max rank is only 4, and he got 1st, so he's better than me. xD.

Kidding aside, I'm trying to give the best advice here. You high VIP players have no idea how hard it is to play under gems constraint. You guys can just spam money and reach the top.. We have to plan ahead carefully so as to not waste a single resource. Therefore from my experience as free and VIP 5 player, OC is still the best choice for starters.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by flexr View Post
    Yeah, I'm a noob. My max rank is only 4, and he got 1st, so he's better than me. xD.

Kidding aside, I'm trying to give the best advice here. You high VIP players have no idea how hard it is to play under gems constraint. You guys can just spam money and reach the top.. We have to plan ahead carefully so as to not waste a single resource. Therefore from my experience as free and VIP 5 player, OC is still the best choice for starters.
    +1 , got wrong advice to have Drunken from HighVIP , yes i regret did that. now starting to collect OC again.

i am lvl 64 and my oc is 2* and not getting him to atleast 3 stars is probably the worst mistake ive made

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Hold on guys. I am a vip 4.
    like I said everything has its own pros and cons in the game. It depends on what you want. Right now top arena dont use OC. If you're not aiming for that position then fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sothasil View Post
    like I said everything has its own pros and cons in the game. It depends on what you want. Right now top arena dont use OC. If you're not aiming for that position then fine.
    getting through mid lvls without OC is really tough...
    i sucked at arena untill i got my OC and then i sucked again cause i didnt evolve him...

yes, maybe u can skip him and get panda... but panda should be for lvl 72+, until then u should use OC for both arena and crusade...

i have yet to see a high ranked player in my lvl range (64-70) that doesnt use OC

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Well guess you chose the tough path. Your patience paid off then.

I chose OC from the start to 65 (4 stars) until I decided to switch to Panda, seeing its potential at end game. OC is the most versatile hero, good in almost all situations from campaign, crusade to arena. With the help of OC, I was able to stablise in the top 50 easily (usually around 2x). There's a period pre 72 when I had both Panda and WC 3 stars so I started experimenting them and I was surprised to see how squishy Panda is. He just kept dying even before the enemies' WC first life so I had to switch back to using WC. After 72, he does get a lot tankier with dodge item but had I gone with him initially instead of OC, I'm not even sure I could reach my current position.

Btw just curious, how did you manage to clear crusade without old curse? That's kinda difficult.
    Last edited by flexr; 12-07-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flexr View Post
    Well guess you chose the tough path. Your patience paid off then.

I chose OC from the start to 65 (4 stars) until I decided to switch to Panda, seeing its potential at end game. OC is the most versatile hero, good in almost all situations from campaign, crusade to arena. With the help of OC, I was able to stablise in the top 50 easily (usually around 2x). There's a period pre 72 when I had both Panda and WC 3 stars so I started experimenting them and I was surprised to see how squishy Panda is. He just kept dying even before the enemies' WC first life so I had to switch back to using WC. After 72, he does get a lot tankier with dodge item but had I gone with him initially instead of OC, I'm not even sure I could reach my current position.

Btw just curious, how did you manage to clear crusade without old curse? That's kinda difficult.
    I clear crusade simply using AS + Vengeance ulti. At 7x AS can make it til stage 13. From 78 AS just do all the job.

I clear crusade simply using AS + Vengeance ulti. At 7x AS can make it til stage 13. From 78 AS just do all the job.
    lol saying that is just avoiding the real problem of of not getting OC
    u are 70+, ofc u can use AS+VS
    but a player lvl 60-70 cant really use AS as he is too squishy cause he have little to no dodge.
    as for VS, she is hard to get on top of being a physical hero that makes the mystic buff not effect her thus weakening ur team formation...

so i gotta wounder... 10 lvls ago, when u were in the 6x area, how did u beat crusade with no old curse... i srsly doubt u had easy time...
    please currect me if im wrong

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Definitely go for OC first if you want full crusade. Make him at least 4* before even thinking about Panda cause he sucks before 7x.
    With the introduction of portal, OC is even more important as he is one of the few heroes who fly, and he has DOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Donelle View Post
    lol saying that is just avoiding the real problem of of not getting OC
    u are 70+, ofc u can use AS+VS
    but a player lvl 60-70 cant really use AS as he is too squishy cause he have little to no dodge.
    as for VS, she is hard to get on top of being a physical hero that makes the mystic buff not effect her thus weakening ur team formation...

so i gotta wounder... 10 lvls ago, when u were in the 6x area, how did u beat crusade with no old curse... i srsly doubt u had easy time...
    please currect me if im wrong
    Crusade at 6x was way easier. At that level I was able to keep 10 heroes at my team level. And just retry a few times if you fail.
    I have Windmaster, Ember star, Lightning elemental, Zeus, Admiral, Sniper, Shadowleaf, WC, Panda ... so many options.
    Try a new server without OC and see it yourself. I'm not sure if it could be easier with him but in my mind that just slows down your progress for Panda.
    And think about it. Where would that easier path lead you to? Whatever my choice was I am happy that my team dominate the arena at lv80 now.
    Good suggestions to newbies who are free player or low vip is 2* OC. That's optimum. If you really need OC just to pass crusade then what is the difference with 3 or 4*?

Crusade at 6x was way easier. At that level I was able to keep 10 heroes at my team level. And just retry a few times if you fail.
    I have Windmaster, Ember star, Lightning elemental, Zeus, Admiral, Sniper, Shadowleaf, WC, Panda ... so many options.
    Try a new server without OC and see it yourself. I'm not sure if it could be easier with him but in my mind that just slows down your progress for Panda.
    And think about it. Where would that easier path lead you to? Whatever my choice was I am happy that my team dominate the arena at lv80 now.
    Good suggestions to newbies who are free player or low vip is 2* OC. That's optimum. If you really need OC just to pass crusade then what is the difference with 3 or 4*?
    i see no way that emberstar, LE,admiral,LM will be any good in crusade at lvl 60-70, maybe if u get them all to 3 stars and to me it looks like a waste of precious resources.
    but for me the real problem was arena, less so crusade (as i have a 2 stars OC), at 55-64 i never won against a team with a 3 star OC. no matter what i tried.
    maybe u are right about leaving him at 2 stars, i dont have him at 3 yet so i cant really compare. but in my opinion, OC is a must have hero at those lvls.

my experience , without OC it hard to complete Crusade , i tried using VS before but found it not good as OC (Regen and burt damage). OC is a key in Crusade even *2 , i use *2 OC from 5x till 7x and found it still good.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Bottom line is, every hero has their "shining time" some can be early game, some is mid game, some is late. This is undeniable. Of course you would wanna achieve a balance of a strong mid-game hero as well as a good hero for late since you guys would be spending a considerable amount of time being stuck at mid and late game. Oldcurse GENERALLY, is a good hero which shines at mid but is still useful at late due to his lv 78 gear. Not to say he becomes utterly useless as well. So jus choose what u need according to what gamephase u wanna dominate in, and try to achieve a balance so u can do WELL in both game phase, no need to rush to be top as everyone is equal on lv 80. Oldcurse is actually still a popular pick due to grand arena, outland portal as well as arena even if all are at lv 80.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    OC is probably the safest pick in the arena shop, very versatile, and an ultimate that goes thru magic immunity. Almost always on top of dps at any stage of the game, so long as there are multiple enemies to hit with. Drunken master has better stats than other tanks, but his potential is realized on later stages.
    Good game, well played!