Thread: Major issues that need to be addressed

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Major issues that need to be addressed

While I understand that this game is fairly new, there are a number of issues/features in this game that make absolutely no sense.

1. Arena - Why am I limited to fighting opponents AT MOST one team level less than mine? People who have lower team levels, in general, shouldn't be where I'm at in the arena and shouldn't get the same, or better, rewards because I can't beat them out of their spot solely due to my team level being too high. Also the range of opponents one is able to select from is WAY TOO LARGE. No one should be able to fight someone that is 1,000+ places higher than them. This is too large of a jump and drastically skews rewards due to a single loss. The range of opponents should get smaller as you get higher in the arena.

2. Crusade - From what I can tell based off of posts on this forum, the opponents are based on your total team power (I'm guessing set once per day). This ENCOURAGES people to sandbag their total team power so they can get easier opponents to finish the whole crusade. This also DISCOURAGES people from trying new heroes thus decreasing diversity. Isn't that the complete opposite of what you're trying to accomplish in this game? Trying new heroes should be good and/or rewarding, not a punishing experience.

3. Booty cave (plundering) - The gold cost gets too high too quickly. If this was meant to be a gold sink for gems, then I guess there's no problem. But I remember reading booty cave was supposed to be 2 things: something to do without using stamina and an alternative way to get gold. How can someone get gold when they can't afford the purchase the chance to get it? Gold costs should scale in smaller increments. Personally I do it once per day for the daily goal.

4. Cooldowns for various activities - Why do these exist? And this isn't a great selling point for VIP status either because the cost doesn't justify the benefit. If I'm buying gems, removing cooldown timers isn't going to put me over the edge to spend that much more. This should be removed.

5. Lack of price for refreshing - This is unfair to not post the cost or notify the player before using any kind of currency. This needs either a pop up message or a graphic stating the cost.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Sometimes playing a MMO game is like marrying a wife.

At the beginning you might complain a lot, why you go shopping so often, why you buy a new dress when you already got a few dozens of them, why don't you listen to me but listen to someone else, etc.

For a long time, you get used to it, since nothing changes, you should change yourself.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    1 It really doesn't matte you have 5 attempts just wait 1 hour before it ends for you attack 4 times and the last 1-3 minutes attack someone you know you will beat.
    2 use booty cave to try new heroes
    3 when you get higher level the gold problem doesnt exisit. You will match people with high powerlevels and they give decent gold but anyways when you don't level everyday then crusade gold stacks up i was able to buy 100 gold chest and still have enough gold to max my skills when i level.
    4 I dont see a point for cooldowns on time rift and trials. I see why on the arena because everyone can just attack 5 times the last few minutes of arena and people will move up and down too quickly.
    5 where exactly everywhere i go it says it cost 10 of a coin or 50 gems to refresh a shop.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurggled View Post
    While I understand that this game is fairly new, there are a number of issues/features in this game that make absolutely no sense.

1. Arena - Why am I limited to fighting opponents AT MOST one team level less than mine? People who have lower team levels, in general, shouldn't be where I'm at in the arena and shouldn't get the same, or better, rewards because I can't beat them out of their spot solely due to my team level being too high. Also the range of opponents one is able to select from is WAY TOO LARGE. No one should be able to fight someone that is 1,000+ places higher than them. This is too large of a jump and drastically skews rewards due to a single loss. The range of opponents should get smaller as you get higher in the arena.

2. Crusade - From what I can tell based off of posts on this forum, the opponents are based on your total team power (I'm guessing set once per day). This ENCOURAGES people to sandbag their total team power so they can get easier opponents to finish the whole crusade. This also DISCOURAGES people from trying new heroes thus decreasing diversity. Isn't that the complete opposite of what you're trying to accomplish in this game? Trying new heroes should be good and/or rewarding, not a punishing experience.

3. Booty cave (plundering) - The gold cost gets too high too quickly. If this was meant to be a gold sink for gems, then I guess there's no problem. But I remember reading booty cave was supposed to be 2 things: something to do without using stamina and an alternative way to get gold. How can someone get gold when they can't afford the purchase the chance to get it? Gold costs should scale in smaller increments. Personally I do it once per day for the daily goal.

4. Cooldowns for various activities - Why do these exist? And this isn't a great selling point for VIP status either because the cost doesn't justify the benefit. If I'm buying gems, removing cooldown timers isn't going to put me over the edge to spend that much more. This should be removed.

5. Lack of price for refreshing - This is unfair to not post the cost or notify the player before using any kind of currency. This needs either a pop up message or a graphic stating the cost.
    1) I dont fully get what's your point. Are u trying to say a guy who's team lvl is lower than u is higher in ranking and u cant beat him? Also, able to beat 1000 range is acceptable because u urself is in the thousands, if u are the hundreds, the most u can face is around 200 ranking. How does it screw reward if u dont managr ur fights well? It is a strategic feature. U need to fight and WIN just before reward comes in. If u cant, then be prepared to be beaten down and get a lower reward.

2) Crusade isn't based off total power, most likely a mixture of certain values as i honestly see no difference. I've had my frost mage to 4*, shallows to 4*, got a new warrior monk from crusade, all these adds to my total power and stiill i am facing the same difficulty. So i dont see how ppl can "make" their crusade easier. If they can, u wont see ppl complaining about crusade in forums..

3) First, what lvl are u anyway? I have no problem wih booty as it gives me 300k/day for just digging. Plundering gives me good gems as well as decent gold (on average 10k gold per 2 bread used), it is supposed to HELP you on the gold issue, not to override what crusade is supposed to do. Crusade is ur main goldsource, if u cant complete it, dont try to seek comfort from booty bcus booty is just there to help out a little, not to overtake crusade.

4) I've to say i am fine with or without cooldown. Of course without is much better as we can clear everything AT ONCE so if we go to work we wont be thinking about what's not done in the game. But with cooldown i find it okay as well since i doublecheck what stuff is still not done everytime.. But i'll have to agree that no CD is definitely btr. No idea what does having a CD does in this situation anyway.

5) By refreshing, you mean refreshing shops? Because theres indeed a popup, but if u dont mean shop refreshing, please clarify.

Arena - I have been in the hundreds (around 400 something highest) but again someone beats me once and I am back in the thousands. I should not be able to drop 3 rewards catagories for a single loss. To clarify the level "floor": if I am team level 54, i will not be matched wih anyone lower than 53. This does not make sense because I've reached higher ranks wih a lower team level due to the fact that someone with a higher team rank couldn't beat me as I would never be matched to them.

Crusade - being the primary source of gold is fine. But I have no incentive to level and skill up more than 6-7 heroes. I have noticed days where my opponents were drastically more difficult after a day I made major upgrades to my team (team level up, leveled a new hero, etc).

Booty cave - the cost of the booty cave doesn't suppliment my gold income after a few plunders. Caves I am matched with have very little gold, less than 10k usually.

Refresh price - I just checked and a pop up now appears. It did not in the previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurggled View Post
    Arena - I have been in the hundreds (around 400 something highest) but again someone beats me once and I am back in the thousands. I should not be able to drop 3 rewards catagories for a single loss. To clarify the level "floor": if I am team level 54, i will not be matched wih anyone lower than 53. This does not make sense because I've reached higher ranks wih a lower team level due to the fact that someone with a higher team rank couldn't beat me as I would never be matched to them.

Crusade - being the primary source of gold is fine. But I have no incentive to level and skill up more than 6-7 heroes. I have noticed days where my opponents were drastically more difficult after a day I made major upgrades to my team (team level up, leveled a new hero, etc).

Booty cave - the cost of the booty cave doesn't suppliment my gold income after a few plunders. Caves I am matched with have very little gold, less than 10k usually.

Refresh price - I just checked and a pop up now appears. It did not in the previous version.
    1. I think the problem is ur hero composition if u cant maintain ur rank. (Im not sure bout what u mean, is it u cant get to a hundred rank bcos someone with a lower level beat u or what)

2. Just lvl up which hero is benefit in crusade if u want the gold, and try to get the best composition for crusade. I rec : Dk, FM, OC, Commando is fine but better get the old man with the horse (i forgot his name) and chaplain. Try to max all of this heroes.

3. Booty cave is fine, 200-300k gold is good i think. In higher level u wont have the gold issue (the exp issue? Hell yeah n ucool even not give update bout this)

4. It always there baby even b4 the update, lol.

I wonder, what's ur level?
    Last edited by Stivefu; 12-05-2014 at 04:53 AM.

Something needs to be done about arena ranking balance

My team is almost the typical arena team minus lunar guardian. Regardless of what team I'm using, the amount of ranks you can jump is TOTALLY BROKEN. I SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO LOSE 1,000+ RANKS FOR A SINGLE LOSS. The penalty is too steep considering how many players are sandbagging their rank to jump last minute. THIS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY I WILL NEVER SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME. It does make me sad because I enjoy the concept of a lot of areas, but arena rank is TOO IMPORTANT considering the rewards.

One of 2 things should happen: either change how far up the ladder you can attack or rewards should be given out more frequently and in smaller scale. LUCK should not be a factor in what rewards I should be able to achieve.

AGAIN, THIS IS THE PRIMARY REASON WHY I WILL NOT SPEND ANY MONEY ON THIS GAME.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    The higher rank (1000+) the bigger gap you can fight. If you were rank 10000 and only can fight 100 rank difference imagine how long it would take to get to top 100.

At tank 97 the lowest I can get is 29. At rank 14 lowest I can see is 4.

So you just need to get a solid defensive teat to maintain your rank.

If you really think that making smaller rewards at different intervals would work you are extremely wrong as you will just get screwed over twice instead. You just don't have a good team that's why you can't maintain your rank.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyvuknome View Post
    The higher rank (1000+) the bigger gap you can fight. If you were rank 10000 and only can fight 100 rank difference imagine how long it would take to get to top 100.

At tank 97 the lowest I can get is 29. At rank 14 lowest I can see is 4.

So you just need to get a solid defensive teat to maintain your rank.

If you really think that making smaller rewards at different intervals would work you are extremely wrong as you will just get screwed over twice instead. You just don't have a good team that's why you can't maintain your rank.
    Correct answer. + 1 for u tony

Still can TS give us a SS bout ur problem with the arena? And what's ur level anyway. We want to know.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeStupid View Post
    4) I've to say i am fine with or without cooldown. Of course without is much better as we can clear everything AT ONCE so if we go to work we wont be thinking about what's not done in the game. But with cooldown i find it okay as well since i doublecheck what stuff is still not done everytime.. But i'll have to agree that no CD is definitely btr. No idea what does having a CD does in this situation anyway.
    The Cooldown on things is annoying.

I was pleased to see that the outland portal DOES NOT have a cooldown and this is great. It means I can get this done, and its done. I dont understand hy Rift and Trail has a CD other than perhaps they copy pasted that portion of the code from Arenas into Rift and Trails ?

Arenas,

I have a severly mixed view on this. Now I understand uCool are trying to get us to squander gems where ever possible, But in Arena's I think is a poor place.

Now Arena's should work in the following way;

There is no limit as to how many times you can attack each day, OTHER than how much energy you can regenerate. So the way it would work is as follows,
    5 Bars of energy, 1 bar takes 15 minutes to fill.
    No cooldown between fights, your limiter is the recharge time on the energy.

This would make a much better Arena environment, because there is nothing worse than getting to 20:58 you just won and got a nice Arena rank (lets say 367) with your 2nd to last fight, and boom... oh someone just won against you and now your down at... WTF im at 3k WTF ? (This has happened to me).
    At least with no CD (Providing you have energy you can try again before the deadline) instead of being sat there with 1 energy left and a 9 minut 0 second cd timer and no hope of doing anything about this sudden drop in rank.

AH BUT this means uCool lose out on cash because your not using your gems in arena.
    Yes, but here comes the kicker. You can charge 1 (one) energy at a time with gems. Because we no longer have a CD between fights, the pricing could look something like this;

1st Eenrgy - 50 Gems
    2nd Energy - 100 Gems
    3rd Energy - 150 Gems
    4th Energy - 200 Gems
    5th Energy (and each consecutive energy there after) - 250 Gems.

Looks steep right ? Its meant to be. People who are likely to spend cash for gems to reset stuff will always do so no matter the cost. Those of us who spend, but not in the bankers bonus region are likely to hardly ever use it on cooldowns or extra attempts.
    All the above would be doing is making it fair for everyone while still getting their monies worth.

I did have an alternate way in my head a few minutes ago, but the details of this currently seem to be eluding me... o.O may be back lol.