Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIP 9 & Seeing magic stone & Goblin Merch wants gems ??

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7

VIP 9 & Need to Buy Goblin Merchant with GEMS ??? & Seeing magic stone

Im not sure if the first of these two things is an in game error, or there by design to get people to spend cash unwittingly.

But last night I went and grabbed a few more gems and got to VIP 9.
    For me, aside from grabbing a few gems, the biggest factor was the goblin merchant being a permanent feature. Anyway I will come back to this.

This morning I went to grab my chests as I normally do, and to my surprise I now had the Magic Stone appear...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-03 09.41.05.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	2576
    Wow I thought; they must have changed something. It said free so I thought similar to the gold chest you get 1 free. So I went to click on it and was prompted with a box basically saying please spend more to become VIP11....

Name:	2014-12-03 09.41.11.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	2577
    So, is this a bug as in im not even meant to see this, or is it intentional to try and get people to pay what would be another 140 to become VIP11?

The second thing is the Goblin Merchant. I am mentioning it here, although it is intended, I still think it is an in game issue.
    A LARGE part of me buying more gems was the fact I got the Goblin Merchant Unlocked permanently. I reloaded my game and there, in a very translucent form he was.

Name:	2014-12-03 08.19.27.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	2579
    I tapped on him only to be greeted with a message telling me I had to pay 680 Gems to make him appear permanently.

Name:	2014-12-03 09.41.17.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	2578
    I think this is pretty low practice if you ask me. The fact your gating it behind VIP 9 is one thing and ok, for those that want to buy that much and unlock it, but to then ask for 680 gems to make him appear is just... shocking. At least warn people in the VIP benefits write up that they have to spend a large portion of gems to actually make him appear.

Id love for you to reconsider this, as things are slowly starting to become too much.
    Last edited by Macstabby; 12-03-2014 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Better suited title

Quote Originally Posted by Nomies View Post
    I'm guessing the preview of Magic Stone is intended, same thing for "Max Enchant" at vip5 when it is a vip7 feature.

I did not know ucool demand another 680 gems to unlock a feature that is marketed as being unlocked just by reaching vip9.

Really bad form if you ask me.
    Yeah I thought the magic stone might be marketed, but wasnt sure as some dont see it I think.

The goblin merchant gem demand though has really peed me off.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4 Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstabby View Post
    Im not sure if the first of these two things is an in game error, or there by design to get people to spend cash unwittingly.

For me, aside from grabbing a few gems, the biggest factor was the goblin merchant being a permanent feature. Anyway I will come back to this.

This morning I went to grab my chests as I normally do, and to my surprise I now had the Magic Stone appear...

Wow I thought; they must have changed something. It said free so I thought similar to the gold chest you get 1 free. So I went to click on it and was prompted with a box basically saying please spend more to become VIP11....

So, is this a bug as in im not even meant to see this, or is it intentional to try and get people to pay what would be another 140 to become VIP11?

The second thing is the Goblin Merchant. I am mentioning it here, although it is intended, I still think it is an in game issue.
    A LARGE part of me buying more gems was the fact I got the Goblin Merchant Unlocked permanently. I reloaded my game and there, in a very translucent form he was.

I tapped on him only to be greeted with a message telling me I had to pay 680 Gems to make him appear permanently.

I think this is pretty low practice if you ask me. The fact your gating it behind VIP 9 is one thing and ok, for those that want to buy that much and unlock it, but to then ask for 680 gems to make him appear is just... shocking. At least warn people in the VIP benefits write up that they have to spend a large portion of gems to actually make him appear.

Id love for you to reconsider this, as things are slowly starting to become too much.

Haha such a stupid thing..you really have to buy that merchant although you are VIP 9?! Bad joke from ucool...

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    O.o i didnt know that.. the magic stone is indeed a marketting gimmick bcus u can see the chest potential rewards which might tempt u to get vip 11. But the perma merchant tht requires gem is really something new.. no idea what is enchant max either lol. But i am thinking, if u pay 680, are u sure its permament opened? Like it doesnt write 680 FOR perma merchant..

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeStupid View Post
    O.o i didnt know that.. the magic stone is indeed a marketting gimmick bcus u can see the chest potential rewards which might tempt u to get vip 11. But the perma merchant tht requires gem is really something new.. no idea what is enchant max either lol. But i am thinking, if u pay 680, are u sure its permament opened? Like it doesnt write 680 FOR perma merchant..
    Well for 680 gems I'd bloody hope they planned on it being permanent lol.

But if you look at the third screenshot of the translucent goblin it says summon permanent merchant.

I still think having to pay for him is a complete utter f'ing joke after pouring cash into the game to get to vip9.

Let me guess vip10 has to pay gems to reset crusade for the 2nd time each day ?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Let me guess vip10 has to pay gems to reset crusade for the 2nd time each day ?
    no its for free. don't know why.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

I know it, that's why i won't spend too much money on this fcking money oriented game.

This game remind me of a game called Hero Dream. Their setting and concept are totally the same, collect hero card, upgrade the star, etc. the worst part is they keep releasing new server which is lame. Why did i use such rude word as 'lame'? Because it's a fact.

Yes, they only care about your MONEY. Let me say it again, they keep releasing new server in hoping for people to spend more.

Okay, question time.
    Why don't ucool just make 1 server? Surely they can follow an example of Big company like supercell with their Clash of Clans, or Com2us summoner wars? With just 1 server, i won't see the same person in arena over and over again, i won't chat with the same person in chat world over and over again, etc etc.

The answer is my statement above. In other words, Ucool is a greedy company that will collapse any time if they keep this going on without a solution how to solve this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kimelixir View Post
    I know it, that's why i won't spend too much money on this fcking money oriented game.

This game remind me of a game called Hero Dream. Their setting and concept are totally the same, collect hero card, upgrade the star, etc. the worst part is they keep releasing new server which is lame. Why did i use such rude word as 'lame'? Because it's a fact.

Yes, they only care about your MONEY. Let me say it again, they keep releasing new server in hoping for people to spend more.

Okay, question time.
    Why don't ucool just make 1 server? Surely they can follow an example of Big company like supercell with their Clash of Clans, or Com2us summoner wars? With just 1 server, i won't see the same person in arena over and over again, i won't chat with the same person in chat world over and over again, etc etc.

The answer is my statement above. In other words, Ucool is a greedy company that will collapse any time if they keep this going on without a solution how to solve this issue.
    Well i do not agree. You can survive perfectly without spending a cent. Look they have booty and arena ranking to provide ur daily gem need, they hhave crusade and booty to provide your gold need, they have raids, or campaign to provide your reel needs. This game already provided the basics. All u need is some luck on getting heroes, as well as the right strtegy to play. Which company isnt creating for money? Look at dota2. At first, there werent many cosmetics, just normal hero sets which customise individual heroes. Now there are CUSTOM cursors, CUSTOMISED item to change how your hero looks entirely(arcana) , CUSTOM announcer, CUSTOM wallpapers etc etc. Every company is there to earn revenue. And if u pay, u are only speeding things up, NOTHING more. You dont automatically crits harder, clear guild raid by yourself and etc.. of course there are benefits like double crusade and etc but also it means nothing much since it dont give out 2nd rround of dragon coins.

Also, 1 server is lame lol. U didnt think things through. This game rewards player when they break their own arena ranking. If u wanted 1 server, now it has been 5-6 mknths since this game has started(correct me ty), so a majority would be lv 80 and what chancr would u have if u start now? How are u going to compete? Lol. Think first. Servers is always good for new comers coming in DAILY. This game is growing rapidly hence the servers opening speed.

Well i do not agree. You can survive perfectly without spending a cent. Look they have booty and arena ranking to provide ur daily gem need, they hhave crusade and booty to provide your gold need, they have raids, or campaign to provide your reel needs. This game already provided the basics. All u need is some luck on getting heroes, as well as the right strtegy to play. Which company isnt creating for money? Look at dota2. At first, there werent many cosmetics, just normal hero sets which customise individual heroes. Now there are CUSTOM cursors, CUSTOMISED item to change how your hero looks entirely(arcana) , CUSTOM announcer, CUSTOM wallpapers etc etc. Every company is there to earn revenue. And if u pay, u are only speeding things up, NOTHING more. You dont automatically crits harder, clear guild raid by yourself and etc.. of course there are benefits like double crusade and etc but also it means nothing much since it dont give out 2nd rround of dragon coins.

Also, 1 server is lame lol. U didnt think things through. This game rewards player when they break their own arena ranking. If u wanted 1 server, now it has been 5-6 mknths since this game has started(correct me ty), so a majority would be lv 80 and what chancr would u have if u start now? How are u going to compete? Lol. Think first. Servers is always good for new comers coming in DAILY. This game is growing rapidly hence the servers opening speed.
    I agree with what you said in the first paragraph, but that's not my main point. Let's just jump to the main point.

1 server is lame? I don't get it dude. Tell that to Professional company like Supercell and they will laugh. How come App with so many people playing on it standing solid on Top Grossing game for almost 2 years? Even though they ONLY make 1 server which is lame based on your statement? Mark 1

How am I going to compete? You do know that game like this is technically the same as MMORPG right? Here's my question. there is MMORPG with only 1 server and why don't they create new server just because those who can't compete join the game a bit too late? Mark 2

Now, to answer your question is pretty simple. They can just widen the arena reward. For example, 500 arena point for rank 100-1000, 450 point for 1000-5000 etc etc. fair enough yes?

Reward will come when they break their own records. Yes, everything will go smoothly if they think this through to start with.

Please answer Mark 1 and 2. Thanks

I agree with what you said in the first paragraph, but that's not my main point. Let's just jump to the main point.

1 server is lame? I don't get it dude. Tell that to Professional company like Supercell and they will laugh. How come App with so many people playing on it standing solid on Top Grossing game for almost 2 years? Even though they ONLY make 1 server which is lame based on your statement? Mark 1

How am I going to compete? You do know that game like this is technically the same as MMORPG right? Here's my question. there is MMORPG with only 1 server and why don't they create new server just because those who can't compete join the game a bit too late? Mark 2

Now, to answer your question is pretty simple. They can just widen the arena reward. For example, 500 arena point for rank 100-1000, 450 point for 1000-5000 etc etc. fair enough yes?

Reward will come when they break their own records. Yes, everything will go smoothly if they think this through to start with.

Please answer Mark 1 and 2. Thanks
    Ok i assume supercell is clash of clan. Well clash of clan does not reward u according to whether u join late or early. U join late, ur townhall lvl is low and u get matched accordingly. U arent getting my point. If i join this game 3 months later, how am i gonna get my gem rewards from the record breaking? I've tested twice in a new server, without paying a single cent, if i rush up to rank 200, i get 2.4k gems just by breaking records. If a new player joins after 3 months, they lose out on that part. And also, clash of clan do not have vip status. This game have it and vip basically is there for arena, everything else is a bonus. If u gonna have one server, everyone that join late will be discouraged to even get vip 5 and above.. let alonr vip 11. Just ask around those who start just TWO DAYS late, even tho they are vip11, they are still on par with a vip 5-6 becus of the late start. And even if u put it 100-1000 gets 500 points, arent u contradicting yourself as this game is a moneygrabbing game? If there is ONLY one server, would u think u can even be top 1000? Nope. Dont dream. Neither will i. Only the one who spend money will be getting the good stuffs everyday. New servers is the best solution for ppl who wanna invest vip11 straight for a chancr to go top1, as well as a chance for us FREE players to rush up ranking for record breaking gems. If u start late, that's it, u wont get the 2.4k gem which i got without spending a single cent. Have a good life starting with maybe 500 gems.

Q

Ok i assume supercell is clash of clan. Well clash of clan does not reward u according to whether u join late or early. U join late, ur townhall lvl is low and u get matched accordingly. U arent getting my point. If i join this game 3 months later, how am i gonna get my gem rewards from the record breaking? I've tested twice in a new server, without paying a single cent, if i rush up to rank 200, i get 2.4k gems just by breaking records. If a new player joins after 3 months, they lose out on that part. And also, clash of clan do not have vip status. This game have it and vip basically is there for arena, everything else is a bonus. If u gonna have one server, everyone that join late will be discouraged to even get vip 5 and above.. let alonr vip 11. Just ask around those who start just TWO DAYS late, even tho they are vip11, they are still on par with a vip 5-6 becus of the late start. And even if u put it 100-1000 gets 500 points, arent u contradicting yourself as this game is a moneygrabbing game? If there is ONLY one server, would u think u can even be top 1000? Nope. Dont dream. Neither will i. Only the one who spend money will be getting the good stuffs everyday. New servers is the best solution for ppl who wanna invest vip11 straight for a chancr to go top1, as well as a chance for us FREE players to rush up ranking for record breaking gems. If u start late, that's it, u wont get the 2.4k gem which i got without spending a single cent. Have a good life starting with maybe 500 gems.
    You can always keep up with others in my opinion. That's why they limit your level with level cap.

Let's just say it takes 3 months to level 80. Those who are lv 80 will have nothing to do except waiting for more challenge in arena. Of course in this kind of situation, people will keep up despite playing more late due to the level cap. After 3 months ( total of 6 months ) they will try their 'luck' and compete with those lv 80.
    Oh and one more thing, the release of new hero will not become any problem because it will be a broken game if no hero can counter even a vip 11 hero, am I wrong?

Well maybe i was wrong mixing two games with different system and feature. But i think that's actually possible with vip and arena system like Heroes Charge.

You can always keep up with others in my opinion. That's why they limit your level with level cap.

Let's just say it takes 3 months to level 80. Those who are lv 80 will have nothing to do except waiting for more challenge in arena. Of course in this kind of situation, people will keep up despite playing more late due to the level cap. After 3 months ( total of 6 months ) they will try their 'luck' and compete with those lv 80.
    Oh and one more thing, the release of new hero will not become any problem because it will be a broken game if no hero can counter even a vip 11 hero, am I wrong?

Well maybe i was wrong mixing two games with different system and feature. But i think that's actually possible with vip and arena system like Heroes Charge.
    If u have a bad start, it's literally game over. Bad start = more money spent to change that fact, and if u dont spend money, u dont get the heroes for crusade, u dont get money for skills, so u could have 10 heroes at your lvl but the skills dont keep up. Dont say 6 months, they wont even continue pkaying after 2 weeks. Even if they do, they will complain in forum abt it on how they arent able to compete. So nope, new servees all the way. Vip 11 heroes arent even OP in anyway. Frost mage isnt OP, deaht mage isnt OP, Ironhoof is destroyed easily by a 5* warchief. If u wanna match a 5* warchief, be prepared to spent at least a few hundreds to get a 5* ironhoof. CoC and HC have diff systems to reward players and new servers is definitely a solution. Nothing bad to both us, the players and the company. It's a total winwin.

If u have a bad start, it's literally game over. Bad start = more money spent to change that fact, and if u dont spend money, u dont get the heroes for crusade, u dont get money for skills, so u could have 10 heroes at your lvl but the skills dont keep up. Dont say 6 months, they wont even continue pkaying after 2 weeks. Even if they do, they will complain in forum abt it on how they arent able to compete. So nope, new servees all the way. Vip 11 heroes arent even OP in anyway. Frost mage isnt OP, deaht mage isnt OP, Ironhoof is destroyed easily by a 5* warchief. If u wanna match a 5* warchief, be prepared to spent at least a few hundreds to get a 5* ironhoof. CoC and HC have diff systems to reward players and new servers is definitely a solution. Nothing bad to both us, the players and the company. It's a total winwin.
    Make sense, you're right pal. I will try to drop my thought about ucool being bad and try to change my point of view a bit. I just realise that my thought is kinda biased xD

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    never come back, cya
    I definitely will not come back again if the dev who told me to do so. But, WHO are you?

If u have a bad start, it's literally game over. Bad start = more money spent to change that fact, and if u dont spend money, u dont get the heroes for crusade.
    I think out of all the jiggly little things in this game that annoys each one of us in turn (talking generally) this is the one thing that needs changing.
    This setup is not newcomer friendly and could be putting people off staying maybe. I mean up until crusade your not really faced with any kind of setup like that and as such it is a shock to a player. Also the majority of people will have already invested a little in the game by this point only to discover their game career on that server in this game is over.

Either people need to be subjected to crusade much much earlier causing them to check out the forums, hold their hand much more in advance bracing them ready, or give a means for them to fix whatever they may have screwed up at that point.

I think out of all the jiggly little things in this game that annoys each one of us in turn (talking generally) this is the one thing that needs changing.
    This setup is not newcomer friendly and could be putting people off staying maybe. I mean up until crusade your not really faced with any kind of setup like that and as such it is a shock to a player. Also the majority of people will have already invested a little in the game by this point only to discover their game career on that server in this game is over.

Either people need to be subjected to crusade much much earlier causing them to check out the forums, hold their hand much more in advance bracing them ready, or give a means for them to fix whatever they may have screwed up at that point.
    That's why we have new servers up ever couple of days as well as forums and guides..it isnt THAT harsh to be honest.. and dont forget,crusade is the single biggest feature of this game.. of course it's natural u wont get 15/15 without logical strategy, casual playing wont get u 15/15 as well.. u get what i mean? U need planning, need adapting according to which teams u face. Like for me, i would swap out chap for lightning master or frost mage if i see both succ and windmaster in enemy team bcus i know my oldcurse + windmaster + mystic will not wipe them and they will certainly retaliate with two US which will cripple my team. Yea adaptations and counters is the way to go.

When i startwd playing on server 6? I forgot which servers, but i got very good starting heroes in fact. I got brute and soon succubus from 10x chest. But only did 4/15 max bcus i was new to it and had no idea how it works etc.. after readingsome guides and improvise it to suit my playstyle, i restarted and got to where i am.