Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Heroes Combinations

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Thoughts on Heroes Combinations

Well first I have to say that this is an incredibily fun game, because of its infinite ways of combining heroes. There's no such rubbish heroes, everyone can have a spot here or there. I have thought of some combination of heroes, some that I have and some that I don't currently have but theoretically guess their use. These combinations are based on the status of a lv 60 free user, so you vip users or high level may not find it helpful, but please read anyway:

1. The Shredders:

Team Formation: With The Shredders in mind, this team will consist of heroes who has amazing armor-break and high damage. The goal is to kill as fast as possible without relying on Ultis.
    Core Heroes: Savage One (SO), Psychic Sword (PS), Shadow Shaman (SS), Poisoned One (PO).
    Sub Heroes: Rifleman, Leaves Shadow (LS), Commando, Tusked Storm (TS).
    *Pros: Super high damage team, works well in raid or against 1-tank formation in arena, can be used in campaign as well. (SO, SS, PS) from elite maps, PO from arena, the sub heroes you can get easily too, so this is not a hard team to build up. This team finish the fight lightning-fast, looks very cool also. Low level AS blinked in and usually died in seconds.
    *Cons: Lacks of CC, not doing well against 2-tank formation, in high levels heroes tends to get insane armor (Shallow Keeper (SK), Mountain), so it will not be as effective in low level, however I think it will still be a good team.

2. The Backline Destroyers:

Team Formation: The goal is to bring damage directly to the backline, since almost all heavy hitters stay there waiting to unleash wrath on us.
    Core Heroes: Arcane Sapper (AS), Pilot, Vengeance Spirit (VS).
    Sub Heroes: War Chief (WC), Panda, Mystic, Tinker, PS, Death Knight (DK), Ferry Man (FeM), Commando.
    *Pros: This team goal is to demolish the backline before they can kill us. AS, Pilot, VS all can hit the backliner while sub heroes will have the duty to guard them up. Effective against team with strong tanks (like SK + Frost Mage (FM) combo). Once in a while throw in a PS will disrupt their formation and add helper for AS too. AS from guild, Pilot from Crusade, VS from elite, Panda from arena, the rest can be obtained somewhere, so this is easy to up stars, too.
    *Cons: Not really good in low level, since AS is too fragile.

3. The CC FTW:

Team Formation: Even if the enemies have insane damage skills, what could they do if they never have the chance to use them? Stun, freeze, silent them to death is the goal of this formation.
    Core Heroes: Old Curse (OC), Silencer, Imperial Executioner (IE), Death Mage (DM).
    Sub Heroes: SK, LS, FM, Ice Mage (IM), Mountain, Mystic.
    *Pros: Very strong team with the ability to kill the enemies without giving them too much time to react.
    *Cons: Need a strong tank, preferred (SK + FM) combo. This team is a bit hard to farm, DM is no where to be seen. High level may not be as effective but still a strong one.

4. AOE Heaven:

Team Formation: Consists of heroes with high aoe damage, it will need a strong front line for the back to survive.
    Core Heroes: Mystic, Succubus, OC, FM.
    Sub Heroes: Any strong tank, Lightning Master (LM), Lunar Guardian (Lunar).
    *Pros: Very strong AOE, given enough time and this team will wipe the entire enemies team out in seconds.
    *Cons: A double-edge knife. More AOE means more energy to the opponents, there will be chance that they will unleash their Ultis before us.

5. The Immortals:

Team Formation: Let me take all your rage, and more. What?! I'm still alive, and stay strong. This team consists of super healing heroes who lives even after the end of the world.
    Core Heroes: SK, SS, Soul Hunter (SH).
    Sub Heroes: Cleric, Chaplain, DK, WC.
    *Pros: This team goal is to drag the fight as long as possible, until the time-out rings. Relatively easy to farm.
    *Cons: Very little damage output, this is strictly a defense team. Not works well against high 1-target damage team (The Shredders).

6. Hey I'm A Pro:

Core Heroes: Professional Killer (PK).
    Sub Heroes: WC, SS, SK, FM, DK, Master Mage (MM), Chaplain.
    *Pros: This team goal is to drag the fight as long as possible for PK to be charged up. With at least two power-ups PK became insanely strong, could very well be 1-on-5 cameback.
    *Cons: Screwed if PK is taken out first (The Backline Destroyer, Sniper).

7. The Lightning Hands:

Team Formation: Consists of heroes who has high attack speed and vampiric abilities to stay alive.
    Core Heroes: Commando, TS, WC.
    Sub Heroes: FeM, LS, Silencer, Tinker, AS, Panda, PK, Rifleman, Wandering Spearman (WS), Machinist.
    *Pros: This team relies on the attack speed of TS, Commando and the vampiric aura of WC. Same goal as the Shredders, however do things a bit different. Easy to farm.
    *Cons: Lacks of CC, need to be at max skills and max enchantment to bring out true potentials.

There's also a Zombie strategy, but unfortunately it is not a complete strategy at the moment, but with new heroes coming, this may very well be a very annoying strategies. Imagine yourself in crusade, after killing off all enemies, they still rise from the death to hit you once more, and that could very well taken out the most important hero of your team.

There are some formations derived from those, but the concepts is pretty much the same. There's no such thing as a perfect combination, but what do you think will be most effective in the upcoming 1.5 patch? Let me hear your opinions on the formations, too Thanks for reading, guys.
    Last edited by keira007; 11-29-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Uber Star's Avatar
    Please be gentle with us and add some format to your wall of text.

Edit: much easier to read now, thanks!
    Last edited by Uber Star; 11-29-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Hmmmm ..... WHY ?

It is quite entertaining to read ... but seems so far from practical use

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Uber Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patay View Post
    Hmmmm ..... WHY ?

Content is ok, but format could be better. Could add bold titles and separate paragraphs, like this:

************************************************** ************************************************

Well first I have to say that this is an incredibily fun game, because of its infinite ways of combining heroes. There's no such rubbish heroes, everyone can have a spot here or there. I have thought of some combination of heroes, some that I have and some that I don't currently have but theoretically guess their use. These combinations are based on the status of a lv 60 free user, so you vip users or high level may not find it helpful, but please read anyway:

1. The Shredders:

Core Heroes: Savage One (SO), Psychic Sword (PS), Shadow Shaman (SS), Poisoned One (PO).
    Sub Heroes: Rifleman, Leaves Shadow (LS), Commando, Tusked Storm (TS).
    *Pros: Super high damage team, works well in raid or against 1-tank formation in arena, can be used in campaign as well. (SO, SS, PS) from elite maps, PO from arena, the sub heroes you can get easily too, so this is not a hard team to build up. This team finish the fight lightning-fast, looks very cool also. Low level AS blinked in and usually died in seconds.
    *Cons: Lacks of CC, not doing well against 2-tank formation, in high levels heroes tends to get insane armor (Shallow Keeper (SK), Mountain), so it will not be as effective in low level, however I think it will still be a good team.

2. The Backline Destroyers:

Core Heroes: Arcane Sapper (AS), Pilot, Vengeance Spirit (VS).
    Sub Heroes: War Chief (WC), Panda, Mystic, Tinker, PS, Death Knight (DK), Ferry Man (FeM), Commando.
    *Pros: This team goal is to demolish the backline before they can kill us. AS, Pilot, VS all can hit the backliner while sub heroes will have the duty to guard them up. Effective against team with strong tanks (like SK + Frost Mage (FM) combo). Once in a while throw in a PS will disrupt their formation and add helper for AS too. AS from guild, Pilot from Crusade, VS from elite, Panda from arena, the rest can be obtained somewhere, so this is easy to up stars, too.
    *Cons: Not really good in low level, since AS is too fragile.
    Last edited by Uber Star; 11-29-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks Uber, did as you suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Patay View Post
    Hmmmm ..... WHY ?

Personally my favourite is The Shredder formation. Without OC, WC, or whatever popular arena heroes, people think that I'm weak and I can get arena defense pretty often.
    I almost have all those heroes (except Tusked Storm - he's new - and Death Mage - no way to get). Have been trying many combination with these heroes at Blue+2, Purple, Purple+1. Maybe later the heroes power will change, but the goals of each teams (playing styles in other words) will remain the same, these are the most effective ways of combinations that I have personally tried or thought about.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I like it i did not mean anything else
    He seems quite excited to the grand arena ...

Me for myself im looking forward to the portal thing

Most of all i like the immortals xD
    I already had that "silly" thoughts about a
    Times Up tactics in Arena with
    Dk, cleric, chaplain, necromancer, shadow shaman.

Fortunatly i never got a dk, and did not farm him... so my curious self could not spend all my effort for an maybe very stupid idea xD

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    How would Psychic sword, savage one, shadow shaman, war chief andshadowleaf work together?
    or should i replace war chief with commando? i dont have poisoned one.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    How would Psychic sword, savage one, shadow shaman, war chief andshadowleaf work together?
    or should i replace war chief with commando? i dont have poisoned one.
    The key to that formation is the armor break of Psychic, SO, PO, SS, but you can fit in any heroes if you like.
    - Commando is a good buff in the start of the fight, should pair it with some high dps (like Rifleman) to ultilize the armor break, you can also throw in a troll (TS). Still a recommended hero for this formation, I don't use her all the time but she does help.
    - WC will help the team to survive, in fights that the enemies has good tanks, SO might be not enough, however most of the time SS will keep your SO survive untill the end of the battle.
    - Leaf is a good hero, if the fight drags on she will sometimes do even more damage than Rifleman, so if you don't have Rifle you can use her without problems.
    - PS skill is interesting, too. If you can't take out the tanks fast, she will bring the food right to your mouth. The swapped heroes will die in seconds (Psychic casts a stun with her blink).
    So your team with Psychic, SO, SS, WC and Shadowleaf will do very well, given they have been leveled, have enough skills and gears. Try it!
    Last edited by keira007; 12-03-2014 at 03:37 AM.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4 Cinder-Fall's Avatar

Nice!

Very well written, entertaining to read,

Please let us know about energy draining comps, blinding comps etc aswell

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 toxic909's Avatar
    Sir How About

The Untouchables/Dodge Team

Panda,Depth Voice, WM, Succubus, Mystic

Panda causes Drunk etc reducing their accuracy
    While i heard that Depth Voice Has High Dodge at high lvls
    WM and Succu = Dodge Purple Skill
    While Mystic= Blind

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    The Dodge team would be great vs physical but will get raped hard vs a mage team.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    could sub in a silencer vs magic

Quote Originally Posted by toxic909 View Post
    Sir How About

The Untouchables/Dodge Team

Panda,Depth Voice, WM, Succubus, Mystic

Panda causes Drunk etc reducing their accuracy
    While i heard that Depth Voice Has High Dodge at high lvls
    WM and Succu = Dodge Purple Skill
    While Mystic= Blind
    You don't need a team full of dodgers. Just use Panda + Mystic is enough, the rest you can consider:
    - Arcane Sapper: The ability to blink behind the enemy line is great, at 73+ he'll be a monster with his dodge, at lower level pair with Panda, Mystic, WC, SS to maximize his potential.
    - Shadow Shaman: Great with his death-refusing ability, used to pair with Arcane Sapper.
    - WC: Bring life-stealing to the table, great to support team. (can be swapped with DK)
    - Some other heroes: In case you don't have AS then Tusked Storm, Rifleman, Professional Killer or other high DPS you have, like Succubus.
    Last edited by keira007; 12-03-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 toxic909's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keira007 View Post
    You don't need a team full of dodgers. Just use Panda + Mystic is enough, the rest you can consider:
    - Arcane Sapper: The ability to blink behind the enemy line is great, at 73+ he'll be a monster with his dodge, at lower level pair with Panda, Mystic, WC, SS to maximize his potential.
    - Shadow Shaman: Great with his death-refusing ability, used to pair with Arcane Sapper.
    - WC: Bring life-stealing to the table, great to support team. (can be swapped with DK)
    - Some other heroes: In case you don't have AS then Tusked Storm, Rifleman, Professional Killer or other high DPS you have, like Succubus.
    haha just a wild idea but thanks for the opinion
    only they can dodge magic to it would be great XD